Surfeit of Local Pigeons: How to trap? Is trapping and eating…legal?

Dear Folks,

a. As we all know, people living in high-floor condos have tried all sorts of ineffective methods to keep pigeons away from their balconies.  For example, they have even resorted to many types of ugly netting, and have also tried using water guns and loud noises…  Without much success.  I truly feel for them.  Pigeons are a complete nuisance, and dirty, too.

b. So, I want to know if trapping pigeons in Thailand is illegal.  And, I want to know what might be the most effective traps for trapping these edible pests.

c. Many years ago, I experimented with some humane traps, going by the brand name, “Havahart”.  These work OK.  And, I want to know if I might be able to source this brand in Thailand?

image.png.101e6fbff070e0b573bb176b3227f397.png

image.png.87524792d6ea1110fd0de763e24c24e9.png

d. After listening to the noise from these pigeon-vermin on my lawn, disgusting beasts, only second to the domesticated rooster, I am hoping to INVEST in the Havahart type of trap, for the purpose of ridding my lawn of pigeons, as well as adding to the protein of my daily diet.

e. So the questions beg:

1. Is it illegal to trap and eat pigeons in Thailand?

2. What are the best three recipes for cooking local pigeons?

3. What might be the risks related to eating local pigeons…if any…which I very much doubt.

4. What WINE should I serve my guests to enhance the flavor of locally trapped pigeons?

image.png.afd4ee963b3303fa36f3b296a7cf1d47.png

e.  Where can I find a local guy/gal to prepare the live birds for the oven?  How much should I pay such a worker for this kind of dirty work? 

f.  My thinking is that if this project goes well, then I will be able to buy far fewer cans of tuna each month.  Yet, still, I will continue to have my 5-egg omelets, daily, as I really enjoy the omelet that my favorite cook prepares for me, seven days a week.

I really cannot understand why, with all the hungry locals around here, we still have this huge pigeon infestation in our area…..  Any good guesses as to why?  (For example, back in the day, and in China, all these pigeons would have been consumed long before they could have cause so much havoc to our TOURISTS in their CONDOS....for sure.)

Best regards,

Gamma

NOTE4:  I prefer a Cabernet Sauvignon with my birds.  What about you?

NOTE4.5:  This, obviously, is NOT a joke post.  I have had it…UP TO HERE…with these local pigeons!

NOTE4.6:  Tomorrow is another Sunday.  And, I am thinking....  In the future, I might be able to have guests in, on a Sunday, for a pigeon feast, weekly.  Sundays are the days for fine feasting, at noon.

NOTE4.7:  Most of what I have learned about pigeons, during my youth, was learned from reading the experiments of BF Skinner....

image.png.970e56bea53a707f8f57da6326b3b710.png

Both Skinner and I....have a VERY WELL mind....

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1