British Woman Detained at Ladprao Mall for Alleged Theft of Branded Cream

Georgealbert

1 hour ago, Doug F said:

We call that whataboutism. She's Brit. She got caught stealing. No Americans involved at all.

Don't change the subject. If you want to, go ahead. Brits have done things with horses, sheep, cows, and pigs.

Hey... in America we do not use those animals. We eat cats and dogs. Just ask Trump haha... You did however forget to add dogs in your spiel. 

1 hour ago, ryxyz said:

They do it at home everyday. At least, in the States, it's a major issue for retailers, and they are mostly not confronted by staff for fear of being attacked, or because they've not incentive to do so. 

At least in America, stores have a theft and loss budget. No need for the staff to get harrassed by shoplifters. haha.. Those who do are limited now to preventing them leaving. Without touching them. And if proven wrong, face serious a libel case for being wrong. 

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure the Thai prison guards will find that very interesting. 

And I am sure they will not give a 5h1t about any records. They just move on and forget.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Oh come on.. at most she will have to pay a fine to the police and pay for the product she stole. Then possibly deported. It is not a crime worthy of jail time as you all seem to suggest. 

In my book thieving is worth jail time. If it happens too often a store owner can lose their livelihood. You are maybe too used to seeing shoplifters in the UK getting away without even a slap on the wrist and the cops there aren't bothered about it either.

16 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure the Thai prison guards will find that very interesting. 

stealing is still stealing and stealing I was taught is a crime except for in at least 22 US states, the amount is USD$1000 to 1500  value when it is not considered a CRIME as such.  What a world we live in today!  So many criminals I guess since the demonstrations and no place in which to keep so many.  A scary world getting worse all the time.  Lucky to be in Paradise and hope it remains so for those of us who respect the property of others.  Good luck to all!

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

They should have just charged her double the price. No need to bring it back. Win/win.

700 baht for some cream !! I think there was already a significant mark up    Almost as criminal as shoplifting

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

700 baht for some cream !! I think there was already a significant mark up    Almost as criminal as shoplifting

I dont think you have been near a cosmetic counter in the last 30 years. License to steal. 😂

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Not trying to defend her just pointing out   Kleptomania is a recognized mental health disorder. It causes people to feel an irresistible urge to steal things even if they do not need them.  Authority  need to check her records

She could say she smoked some weed and she forgot to pay 

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

Six months in Thai prison then deportation should wake her entitled ass up. 

Agree there,my Welsh greatgreat great grandy was sent to assist the invasion of Aust for stealing a hanky! (pickpocket)

A post breaking forum rules has been removed.

Rule 17. ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, and criticising grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

23 hours ago, Korat Kiwi said:

Of all the things to do on a holiday in a foreign country,  shoplifting would never appear on my list. 

How bloody stupid can one be?  

I hope they make an example out of her.  Big fine and deportation with a red stamp in her passport. Dumb ass. 

Shop lifting would not appear on your to do list because like me you are nota shoplifter,  It is a bit unrealistic to expect a shoplifter to stop their thieving just because they are on holiday

I don't care what happens to her, I doubt she would be unduly worried about a red stamp in her passport, she is an 18 year old girl on holiday, and would probably never return here anyway  she is not a not a middle aged monger who likely  lives here permanently or intends to visit regularly

1 hour ago, Presnock said:

stealing is still stealing and stealing I was taught is a crime except for in at least 22 US states, the amount is USD$1000 to 1500  value when it is not considered a CRIME as such.

I saw an interview and I think they claimed that almost all of those "low value thefts" are committed by the same few hundred people again and again and again. It's crazy that they are not locked up. But then, too many Americans are crazy. 

47 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

My comment was an answer to another comment. Not the case above.

Obviously the prices of cosmetics are scams. But it seems that is what many women want. After all, they invest so much money in their looks. 555 

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

My comment was an answer to another comment. Not the case above.

Obviously the prices of cosmetics are scams. But it seems that is what many women want. After all, they invest so much money in their looks. 555 

And in the case of many Thai women it is not the effectiveness of the cream that is their primary concern, it is the amount of money it costs and the brand name that really matters.   Total Scam

1 minute ago, Taboo2 said:

Those pesky Brits at it again.  

Along with those pesky posters and their predictable and inane comments, by the way ( you forgot to mention "quality tourist")

if you had  tried a bit harder you could have been the first to mention donald trump and even the red bull kid    too late now coz I beat you to it

11 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I saw an interview and I think they claimed that almost all of those "low value thefts" are committed by the same few hundred people again and again and again. It's crazy that they are not locked up. But then, too many Americans are crazy. 

Started during the BLM demonstrations as too many to lock up so then the gangs organized mass thefts at the same time in a big department store.  Police could only catch so many but too many to send to prisons.  Also caused some businesses to close stores due to the losses of merchanidise.  Sad for sure.