King Charles: Australia's Future as a Republic Rests with Its People

Social Media

58 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

I'm not the one suggesting I don't have to lead by example just because I'm not in the public eye. Sounds like double standards.

Just like name calling because of a difference of opinion. 

You're not the one answering my question either. However, that was expected.

Either you have strayed yourself, or you have not. If you have, it makes you a hypocrite to be talking about double standards.

At least I can say I have never bonked a woman married to someone else, unlike Charlie.

I am British. I support the idea of an Australian republic, provided that a clear majority of Australians want it.

In the last referendum Australians rejected the idea of a republic, by a clear majority - but that was 25 years ago. I think it's about time for a new referendum.    

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I doubt the ANZACs who lost their lives due to British incompetence in WW1 would agree with you.

There's a statue of Douglas Hague in Whitehall. Only the British could commemorate a person who was one of the worst butchers in military history.

Tell me why Australians should respect and have affection for a dysfunctional family, harboring serial adulterers and a pedophile.

Boorish? As someone else said, you can't handle the truth.

You speak for yourself not most Australians.

1 hour ago, jayboy said:

You speak for yourself not most Australians.

Your avoidance of answering my question speaks volumes.

I was once at a golf tournament where one of my playing partners was ex-security at Buckingham Palace. He revealed Prince Philip was well-known for forcing himself on maids of honor. The Queen was apparently aware of his activities.

When you used the term boorish, Phil the Greek sprung to mind. An over-privileged lout who thought he could do and say anything he wanted. His genes evidently carried on.

Tug the forelock and grovel all you want before the altar of royalty. I have more self-respect.

27 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your avoidance of answering my question speaks volumes.

I was once at a golf tournament where one of my playing partners was ex-security at Buckingham Palace. He revealed Prince Philip was well-known for forcing himself on maids of honor. The Queen was apparently aware of his activities.

When you used the term boorish, Phil the Greek sprung to mind. An over-privileged lout who thought he could do and say anything he wanted. His genes evidently carried on.

Tug the forelock and grovel all you want before the altar of royalty. I have more self-respect.

Your comments and questions were asinine and reflect poorly on your character, intelligence and education (and gullibility given your absurd golf club anecdote).They don't represent the views of most Australians.The ambition for a Australian republic is entirely understandable and will in my view come to fruition in my lifetime, and will be arranged in friendship and good will.

And for heavens sake learn how to spell Haig's name correctly.

3 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Your comments and questions were asinine and reflect poorly on your character, intelligence and education (and gullibility given your absurd golf club anecdote).They don't represent the views of most Australians.The ambition for a Australian republic is entirely understandable and will in my view come to fruition in my lifetime, and will be arranged in friendship and good will.

And for heavens sake learn how to spell Haig's name correctly.

Personally attacking me is argument ad hominem. It means you have run out of  options for honest argument. I suggest you read "Straight and Crooked Thinking" by R H Thouless, to understand your dishonesty.

While you are about it, read " Monash -the Outsider who Won the War" by Roland Perry. It details how the British establishment , including Haig, never acknowledged Monash's role in ending WW1 - because he was Jewish. You are obviously a snob cut from the same cloth.

Your comment about my intelligence and education is so far off the mark to be laughable. How many scholarships were you awarded on your way through primary, secondary and tertiary education? I had three.

Here's an anecdote from direct experience - the vice-regal Governor of Victoria, Sir Dallas Brooks. An avid golfer, he was described by a fawning local media as a top Victorian golfer. Which was total bullsh!t - he'd be lucky to achieve a single figure handicap, from what I saw as his caddie on a few occasions.

To me, gullibility is people accepting the carefully curated image of royalty, when they eat, sh!t and <deleted> just like anyone else.

Hopefully, when the current occupant of the throne carks it, Australians will grow up and shed an outmoded and superfluous institution.