Window Seat for Sleeping.

NoshowJones

25 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Cattle class for return flight to UK is about £900, how much is business class and what more do you get apart from good leg room?

Biz class of course is going to be more comfortable than coach 99% of the time.  But at what cost?

I flew up front for decades back in the biz expense account days...now i fly in the back as i have to pay for it.

Sure i would rather be up front but not at a cost of several thousand extra dollars. I would prefer to save that money and stay in a nicer hotel for several days rather than blow it to be comfortable for ten or so hours. It's like you arrive and someone hands you a few K and says thank you for putting up with economy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChaiyaTH said:

If you fly first class, you do not need a bar, the seating area is your bar already too.

If you're referring to the in-seat mini bar, that's soft drinks only.  So are the ones in Business Class.  If you're just referring to the comfort/ambience then yes, some would prefer it.

41 minutes ago, pomchop said:

I would prefer to save that money and stay in a nicer hotel for several days rather than blow it to be comfortable for ten or so hours.

Another alternative is to do both.

14 hours ago, Nemises said:

If you’re tall and suffer discomfort from not being able to straighten your legs, then the extra expense can be worth every cent, especially if you can afford it.

Doesn’t have to be business class or anywhere near $200 an hour extra as premium economy works for some, as do exit aisles. 

Can’t take it with you…

Live once…

If you have health or girth issues, sure.  If you have F..U.. money, fine.  When the company was paying, I rode in the front.  (Though I'd have gladly taken the difference in cash and rode in cattle class)

Most of my bad financial decisions in life started with a few drinks and the internal words "you can't take it with you", or my former favorite "you're only young once".  At 67 year of age, I can't recall many decisions I regret to not spend that extra money.  I have a lot of regrets over the times I splurged, for that fleeting feeling that lasted an instant in the scheme of things.  Oh, the things I could do with that money (plus the years of interest) today.

11 hours ago, treetops said:

Which airline is this?  2-2-2 in economy on an A380 seems crazy.  Qatar have economy in the upstairs rear and Emirates upstairs at the front on some variants but both are 2-4-2

I might be remembering it wrong, could have been 2-4-2.  Emirates

3 hours ago, treetops said:

If you're referring to the in-seat mini bar, that's soft drinks only.  So are the ones in Business Class.  If you're just referring to the comfort/ambience then yes, some would prefer it.

Another alternative is to do both.

certainly if money is no object just  fly via private jets or travel via yatch even better...but not all of us were born with a trust fund or hit the lotto....

• Confused 1

IMHO, KLM is one of the worst airlines to fly to Bangkok, they are only popular because of their regional hub links, to save having to fly from London, awful cabin service from surly staff, don't you dare to ask for a 2nd tiny can of Heineken

They need a big overhaul of their food, drinks service and cabin stewards on this route

2 minutes ago, Seppius said:

IMHO, KLM is one of the worst airlines to fly to Bangkok, they are only popular because of their regional hub links, to save having to fly from London, awful cabin service from surly staff, don't you dare to ask for a 2nd tiny can of Heineken

They need a big overhaul of their food, drinks service and cabin stewards on this route

I was working Mexico for a while, flew KLM, Mexico City to BKK. 

Schiphol members lounge offers a shower, nice after long flight, then off to the bar for a few cold Heineken's. 

17 hours ago, CHdiver said:

As soon as "boarding completed" is anounced you can try to change. Either by just moving and then ask them if its ok, or asking first and then move (but then maybe somebody else was faster). Exeptions may be emergency exit rows. 

Before you start looking for another seat just ask a flight attendent nicely if the plane is fully booked or not.

23 hours ago, Seppius said:

Although I do agree with your post, I have never had a problem with any flight attendents, not even with KLM although I will never use them again.

On 10/14/2024 at 3:37 PM, NoshowJones said:

When flying overnight I always get a window seat, but on my recent flight on KLM there was a 6ins gap from the window to my seat which made it impossible to put my pillow near the window, I may just as well have been in the middle or aisle seat.

Amazing - complaining about an extra 6" of elbow space on a plane!

I can just about manage to cat nap a few times when leaning against the window/wall panel on an A380 but on all other planes there is too much NVH - I use the flip-out part of the headrests instead.

• Like 1