Sattahip Women Arrested for Playing Card Game Without Asking for Permission

webfact

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:
2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...for which the government provides insufficient police budget or equipment.   How do you expect officers to police all the roads?

They clearly have the budget to use their resources to arrest 4 women for playing a 240 baht game of cards, so they can certainly ride / walk around town and fine those without helmets, driving dangerously and running red lights.... 

Great suggestion, use the budget required to arrest four women gambling to patrol the roads!   Any other fatuous suggestions?

12 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

Similar to the Gov't run Lottery?

well kind of, but the lottery is legal and the other sorts of betting are  not    however there was a recent update to gambling laws   so you can bet on cock fights and buffalo races during certain times of the day  but still can't have a game of poker or bridge at home with your friends,,, total madness  :w00t:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

...for which the government provides insufficient police budget or equipment.   How do you expect officers to police all the roads?

Yes, indeed, they need more smart BMW vehicles,....and they don't come cheap !

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, ronster said:

Why did these women not get to wear balaclavas and sunglasses like a lot of criminals do in these photo ops

If I got busted for $7 of gambling, I'd be putting my mugshot on my Christmas cards to send to friends and relatives.

What a hoot.  We'd be laughing about it for years.

• Haha 1