High-end Hotels Plan Rate Hike Amid Tourist Surge

webfact

3 hours ago, Dave0206 said:

If you want to travel in high season expect to pay hotel and air transportation @ a higher rate its been pointed out its merely supply and demand. 

Any parents that can only travel @ school holidays will testify to that.

Luckily for most of us oldies who still work we choose our holidays when work colleagues don't want so we can book well in advance at cheaper times

News flash for you. It is no longer a thing to book well in advance to get cheap flights. I did that last year and lost £700 to save a further £400. Ie cancel and rebook the new booking was £1100 cheaper. The cheap time to book now is 3 months before you fly.

14 minutes ago, BritScot said:

News flash for you. It is no longer a thing to book well in advance to get cheap flights. I did that last year and lost £700 to save a further £400. Ie cancel and rebook the new booking was £1100 cheaper. The cheap time to book now is 3 months before you fly.

There is no magic date when price is best but airlines are not stupid certain dates are almost guaranteed to be sold out so prices normally will rise as aircraft fills up.

Your ticket being in excess I assume £2000 up business class .

Other factors are competition ie is your destination covered by many carriers? 

If not airlines act more and more like budget carriers charging for seats exorbitant cancellation or flight change fees.

Myself I book when I am happy with price looking now and again but never see it drop significantly plus I've read conditions so usually 200 to 250 loss if I cancel

3 hours ago, Frankie baby said:

Accommodation wise, Thailand as always been very good value. However, I expect the block-bookings in the upper-class hotels will bring down the inflated walk-in prices.

I should assume most members on here either live in Thailand or regularly visiting so we know where to stay and what we will get for our money. 

Funny thing is I've tried walking in to hotels asking price and being told price x and when I point out agoda is y price they will not budge even though I quickly take my phone and book in front of them now -15% commission for them.

Either no authority to lower price but usually don't give a sh"t its not there loss

3 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Wasn't it just last week that the Hotel Industry were crying to TAT to help them because of low bookings?

Distress came mainly from the lower end of the market. The rise in rates at the top should help steer more guests their way. 

7 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Most of the upper Marriotts are around 8,000 b a night starting next month.

JW is 9,000 and up.

Yes, tourists are willing to pay it.

What I was paying for a one bed condo in Pratamnak a month! Ok, hardly like for like if you want maid and room service, but I got plenty of that off Thai Friendly.

5 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Wasn't it just last week that the Hotel Industry were crying to TAT to help them because of low bookings?

Right on...it's BS. This entire article says exactly that. Bookings down...but some operators expecting a mediocre rise for high season. They're really going out on a limb thereGood luck with the gouging. :cheesy: