5% of CNG Buses Fail Safety Checks After Fatal Fire in Thailand

webfact

6 hours ago, retarius said:

So they've inspected every bus in Thailand in 2 weeks? I don't believe it.

With only a small fraction of the country's CNG bus fleet inspected' Read the article.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, retarius said:

Re-read the article. Sorry Gandtee, you got there first.

Edited by KannikaP

19 minutes ago, kuzmabruk said:

5% inspected.  100% failed. 

You not very good at reading or math at school 

reread the article

The inspections, which have currently covered only 10% of Thailand's approximately 13,400 CNG-powered buses, revealed 68 out of 1,331 buses had serious defects.

5% ??? 100% fail ???

learn how to post

8 hours ago, retarius said:

The inspections, which have currently covered only 10% of Thailand's approximately 13,400 CNG-powered buses.

8 hours ago, retarius said:

Um.. the article only about 10% have been tested... but as we know, the remaining 90% will be quickly updated, so we'll never know the full extent. 

6 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

You need to do some research into CNG fuel systems, CNG fuel systems, Are safe as long as they are correctly Installed and  maintained

I think he is referring to thise in Thailand, where money comes before safety standards

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, twizzian said:

Must be a headline typo, More like only 5% Pass inspection

No typo it reads 5% of buses failed inspection so far 

The inspections, which have currently covered only 10% of Thailand's approximately 13,400 CNG-powered buses, revealed 68 out of 1,331 buses had serious defects.

so 68/1331x 100 = 5.109%  failed  so where is the typo

4 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

do you know the standard for checking CNG fuel is  the check is visual only

and what i have seen they are using gas meters which is MORE than is required you need to read the Standards which are world wide

Stop quoting workdwide standards, because this is Thailand  where standards are ignored in favour of making money.

Just now, Aussie999 said:

Stop quoting workdwide standards, because this is Thailand  where standards are ignored in favour of making money.

World wide codes and standards are widely used in Thailand  And it is NOT all company's ignore the standards  think you have a very dim view of Thailand

• Like 1

Ongoing inspections will hopefully eventually identify those vehicles that do not comply.

The fact that many will be undergoing rapid remedial work to avoid failing such inspections will in effect be achieving the purpose of compliance.

More important will be that attention be given to the regular proper inspection process which seems to have been let slide.

School Directors need also be made responsible in contracting only vehicles that are proven to be compliant and have proper drivers. Or face joint culpability.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Not that remarkable.  The faults are likely to be pretty simple to fix, but people just either cannot be bothered or it doesn't even occur to them to do the work.  There seems to be a pretty pervasive culture of just shrugging and ignoring stuff in Thailand.

Anyone who's ever employed Thai's will tell you that you must watch them like a hawk or corners will be cut. It's not everyone down to the last man but it's a strong majority I would say.