Sick and tired

would be nice if you could have a mailing personalized to your liking

but here they don't even indicate that ads are mixed with the news... how hard could that be to differentiate from a real topic?  right ?

never understood why the 'headline' in the newsletter were once again repeated in the rest of the section either...

• Haha 1

Personally I follow elections in the USA closely. As a Brit born in the early days of WW2 I value a friendly relationship with America. As a result I have been disturbed by Biden's antipathy towards the UK which is why I am following the Harris/Trump with interest.

On 10/19/2024 at 1:44 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

On the first two pages  12 of the threads are about Trump , that is quite a look of scrolling that needs to be done to get past all the Trump threads 

Has your mouse not got a scrolling wheel?

I just strolled past 10 hrs of 'new content', and posted on 4, I think, simply because I'm bored, while making & finished my first cup of coffee.  Took less than 1 hour, and that' while doing things.  

Take vitamins, dog had to go out, and all during my morning routine.  It's a quick read, while talking to daughter on FB.

Edited by KhunLA

On 10/19/2024 at 12:00 PM, SmokeandIce said:

Here are some of the top political issues in New Zealand:

1. Housing Affordability: High property prices and rental costs, leading to housing insecurity.

2. Climate Change: Strategies for reducing carbon emissions and transitioning to renewable energy.

3. Health Care: Access to services, funding, and mental health resources.

4. Indigenous Rights: Treaty of Waitangi issues and Māori representation in government.

5. Immigration Policy: Balancing immigration for economic growth with public sentiment.

6. Economic Recovery: Post-COVID-19 recovery strategies and economic resilience.

7. Education Reform: Quality of education and funding for schools.

8. Social Inequality: Addressing disparities in wealth and opportunity.

9. Crime and Justice: Policing, sentencing reforms, and rehabilitation.

10. Child Poverty: Strategies to reduce poverty rates among children.

11. Environmental Protection: Conservation efforts and biodiversity preservation.

12. Water Rights: Management of freshwater resources and Māori water rights.

13. Infrastructure Development: Investment in transport and communication networks.

14. Welfare and Social Security: Reforming welfare systems to better support vulnerable populations.

15. Drug Policy: Approaches to drug use, decriminalization, and harm reduction.

16. Digital Privacy and Security: Regulation of technology and data protection.

17. Foreign Policy: Relations with China, the U.S., and Pacific neighbors.

18. Labour Rights: Workers’ rights, fair pay, and job security.

19. Public Transport: Improving accessibility and sustainability.

20. Agricultural Policy: Balancing economic interests with environmental sustainability.

These issues often shape political discourse and influence elections in New Zealand.

Wow! I never realized New Zealand have so many problems. I guess I'll not take a vacation there.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Paradise Pete said:

Only two weeks left for that.

And then two weeks + 1 day for the threads about Trump complaining the election was rigged.

MTG and the Georgia nutters are already claiming fraud, in early voting. 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4943671-georgia-voting-fraud-claims-dismissed/amp/

• Like 1

On 10/19/2024 at 2:00 AM, still kicking said:

I am getting sick and tired about all topics about the USA election. Every second topic on AN is about that. Why talk about a country who is bankrupt? Hate Trump hate Harries who cares? not every body lives in the US only 340 million out of 8 billion. Sorry about my American friends but I am getting pinched off. How many posts do we get about the coming Australian election ? None What about New Zealand or Italy India none, 

Who wins the American election effects not only America, but also the rest of the world.

Who wins the Australian or New Zealand election doesn't matter outside of those countries.

Simple as that!  

• Like 1

On 10/20/2024 at 4:56 AM, Lacessit said:

That will be nothing compared to the meltdown from MAGA when/if Trump loses.

The Repubs are already preparing for all kinds of court challenges, although I don't know where they will get the money for the lawyers. Perhaps Musk or Putin will help out.

Alas, poor Lacessit seems to be infested with the woketard virus. Do yourself a favor my friend and be sure to lock up any sharp objects in your home on Nov. 5th, because if you are as delusional as you seem to be, then when you awaken on Nov. 6th you will be in for quite a surprise.  BTW it is the Democrats not the Republicans, who have assembled an army of 1000 lawyers to try and challenge the election results, and to try and put up roadblocks challenging Trumps new Executive orders and his cancellation of all of n Joe Bidens executive orders, this will be fun watching the Marxist Demonrats twist in the wind and wither away like the decrepit wicked witch of the west in the wizard of OZ.