Thai Customs Seize Unlicensed Goods and Obscene Materials Worth ฿40.7M

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Inside, officials found 10 tonnes of dried shark and stingray parts worth ฿40 million, in violation of various customs and wildlife protection laws, reported Siam Rath.

Are these 'parts' considered obscene ? or is that referring to the male sex toys ? 

I'm so glad you guys got those 400 male sex toys off the street ... who knows what could happen if a large size  8" vibrating dildo ends up in the wrong hands    !

do they incl'  batteries  ....  

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I'm so glad you guys got those 400 male sex toys off the street ... who knows what could happen if a large size  8" vibrating dildo ends up in the wrong hands    !

do they incl'  batteries  ....  

At 500 baht each they certainly ought to.  250 baht on Lazada for a perfectly serviceable item, USB chargeable, free delivery.

• Love It 1

6 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

At 500 baht each they certainly ought to.  250 baht on Lazada for a perfectly serviceable item, USB chargeable, free delivery.

If i'm gone from AN for a few hours it'll be because I'm searching Lazada

• Haha 1

Recent seizures include 169,000 LED light bulbs from China worth ฿549,492, which lacked required certification from the Industrial Product Standards Office (TISI). 

-------------------------------------------------

I have seen quite a few LED bulbs with TISI certification stop working in half a month though.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

On 17th October, Nakhon Phanom customs officers seized 400 male sex toys worth ฿200,000, which were smuggled to avoid taxes and legal restrictions.

Avoiding taxes= Avoiding handing over the brown paper bag stuffed with money.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Recent seizures include 169,000 LED light bulbs from China worth ฿549,492, which lacked required certification from the Industrial Product Standards Office (TISI). The confiscation followed a court-authorised warehouse raid.

Later you can find them in the 10 Baht shops.