Foreign 'Mafia' Harass Tourists in Pattaya, Taunt Local Police

webfact

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I sympathise with your coming from such a dreadful country, but other countries, including Thailand, have some of the same problems as your home.

Lou, thanks for your input, here's me thinking this was about Thailand.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So more of a beggar than mafia, good we cleared that up

I read the head line expecting a story about a European or American gang trying to start a protection racket. Instead it was a single Burmese beggar.

Local residents and business owners are urging the authorities to take immediate action to resolve the problem and restore safety in Pattaya,

------------------------------------------------------------------------

If the inept police neglects, they better take matters into own hands fast.

Hiring local goons and beat them up badly.

Toss them into the sea in the dark of the night.

Who cares even if criminal illegal aliens disappear all of sudden?

One great thing about this kingdom, not so many bleeding-heart do-gooders unlike in the west.

Edited by black tabby12345

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:
8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I sympathise with your coming from such a dreadful country, but other countries, including Thailand, have some of the same problems as your home.

Lou, thanks for your input, here's me thinking this was about Thailand.

You're thanking me for responding to someone else?  Since when have you been his spokesman...or the arbiter of what (not addressed to you) is deserving of thanks, come to that?

13 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Someone needs a baseball bat!

I reckon a nice hard wod walking stick would do the job. A tad more covert and with it's smaller diameter would wreak havoc on the extremeties, esescially the lower. And being a hardwood, I reckon a good blow to to noggin would get the message across as you "limp" away with your walking stick perfectly suited for walking street. Cheers.

Maybe the locals could club together and hire some private security guys . Suitably armed with BB bats they would soon discourage these low lifes who plague Patts .

I remember a few years ago at a concert there was a scruffy old Thai guy harassing 2 members of the audience . The security soon dealt with him by ripping his shirt off and giving him a kicking with their large boots .

Instant justice . Shame things like this aren`t allowed in the Liberal West anymore .

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, persimmon said:

Maybe the locals could club together and hire some private security guys . Suitably armed with BB bats they would soon discourage these low lifes who plague Patts .

I remember a few years ago at a concert there was a scruffy old Thai guy harassing 2 members of the audience . The security soon dealt with him by ripping his shirt off and giving him a kicking with their large boots .

Instant justice . Shame things like this aren`t allowed in the Liberal West anymore .

One sick sociology polluting today's 1st world:

Too many inept criminal-friendly do-gooders.

Constantly protecting the human rights of the social vermin,

no concern for the victims and justice.

16 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Someone needs a baseball bat!

As a customer, if  I saw a business owner beat a beggar with a bat they would quickly lose my business.

You can try to use the bat to threaten someone to leave.... but if they will not leave, you prepared to beat them for it? not only that don't be surprised if show up at your business the next day and your windows are shattered or the place is vandalized

9 minutes ago, sikishrory said:

"Mafia"

Give me a break

mafia is kind of a loose term for gang... pattaya has a taxi mafia..  that threatens uber and grab drivers and dont use meters.

There use to be a Russian mafia operating in Pattaya, not sure if they moved on or pay the media and police to stay out of their business operating like yakuza.

10 minutes ago, speckio said:

As a customer, if  I saw a business owner beat a beggar with a bat they would quickly lose my business.

You can try to use the bat to threaten someone to leave.... but if they will not leave, you prepared to beat them for it? not only that don't be surprised if show up at your business the next day and your windows are shattered or the place is vandalized

You might not like it.

But not everyone.

Especially when the beggars started to look like extortionists.

I would rather applause such an operator; brave enough to defend own workplace.

Some deserves sympathy. 

Some doesn't.

If they want any compassion from others, they better behave themselves and look peaceful.

Thugs to be beaten up.

Edited by black tabby12345