• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 0

‘Grab Advance Booking’ knows the flow, travel like a pro: How to deal with Thai transport

2. 58

Taking pics bored farangs

3. 7

Tour Bus Crash in Nakhon Ratchasima Injures 43

4. 12

Tourist Van Accident in Prachuap Khiri Khan: 8 Injured, 1 Dead

5. 37

French Man Arrested for Reckless Riding on Doi Suthep

6. 0

Dental spas in Bangkok - Top 5

7. 4

British Man Drives 500 km to See 'Lamduan,' Sisaket’s Baby Hippo

8. 58

9. 7

Trump kicks off a Pennsylvania rally by talking about Arnold Palmer’s genitalia

10. 58

11. 7

Trump kicks off a Pennsylvania rally by talking about Arnold Palmer’s genitalia

12. 552

A vote for Trump is a vote for Putin / Orban / Kim Jong Un

British Man Drives 500 km to See 'Lamduan,' Sisaket’s Baby Hippo

webfact

Oh please ... I've flown from Philly to Clearwater beach FL for grouper sandwich, spicy fries & Red Stripe beer.     Use to drive from Philly to Rehoboth Beach, DE for breakfast.

Or PKK to Mae Chaem, CM to look at a rice field.   PKK to Kanchanaburi for a bowl of noodle soup with a view.  PKK to Ayutthaya, for Beef Massaman. 

Drive an hour down to Ban Krut for Chicken Curry and Lemon Cake.

Drove from PKK to Trat, just to take a photos of a road, then accidently deleted them :cheesy:

Or Udon Thani to Nakhon Pathom take photo of 'Dragon Temple)

Edited by KhunLA

OMG !
He drove 500kms to see a baby hippo ! :coffee1:

Surely Hollywood must be planning a major motion picture about this exploit ! 

"The man who spent part of a day driving to another province so his wife could see a baby hippo - and lived to tell the tale !"
(Sure to be a bigger hit than Joker: Folie À Deux !) :whistling:

Sheesh, I've ridden (motorcycle) over 600 kms in a day to visit an old bridge (over the Kwai River) in Kanchanburi and Khmer temple (Muang Sing) and then down to Ratchaburi to link up with friends.
Or 500+ kms in a day to visit historical parks in Khamphaeng Phet and Sukothai.

On one trip I rode close to 1800kms in 3 days from "Chon Buri" to Ubon, Yasathon, Roi Et, Surin (and other provinces) and back, stopping to visit old Khmer temples along the way. I visited 23 ancient Khmer sites basically in 3 days. (Many sites were little more than a few old stones sticking out of the ground or a lone Stupha/Chedi in the middle of a field so I didn't spend a lot of time at them.)

Just this year, I rode to Chachoengsao in the morning to renew my driving license. When I finished I looked at my watch, thought about what little I had to do (for the next 20ish years), got on the bike and rode to Buriram so I could wake up at 5am the next day and attend the Sunrise Ceremony at the Phanom Rung temple - and then rode back to Pattaya.

If spending part of a day driving in an air-conditioned car to go see a baby hippo at a zoo is a newsworthy accomplishment - then my "exploits" should be ranked up there with legendary figures like Leonidas and Heracles and Achilles ! :w00t: :w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

Edited by Kerryd
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

A British man visiting his Thai wife in Chonburi recently embarked on an unexpected journey, driving over 500 kilometres to see a baby hippo

Could have driven around the corner to see Moo Deng. 

Khao Kheow Open Zoo in Si Racha, Chonburi, Thailand

Edited by SAFETY FIRST