Best place to eat steam fish in North Jomtien

schweizer

just moved to the northern end of Jomtien beach, I am looking for recommendations for Thai steam fish restaurants on the northern side up to Dongtan, up to 30 minutes walk is fine.

I can find plenty in the south (Nah Jomtien) but not so much in the north

looking for something in walking distance

5 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Starts at Pratumnak and goes a few miles South

jomtien.jpg

I am aware of where it is and do not require Geography lesson, I specifically stated north Jomtien beach, and mentioned Dongtan for those who are geographically limited.

I also mentioned that it would be good to be within 30 minutes walk

why is it not possible to ask a simple and accurate question without someone trying to make you look dumb?

39 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Starts at Pratumnak and goes a few miles South

jomtien.jpg

Jomtien Beach starts nowhere near Phratumnak.

Jomtien starts at the Jomtien Welcome Arch outside Hemmingways so if you walk down to the beach along that road you are at the North end of Jomtien Beach, turn right and you are at the South end of Dongtan Beach. Walk 30 minutes North and you'll reach Phratumnak Beach.

So the OP should try Surf Kitchen on Jomtien Beach not far from that junction.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, schweizer said:

I am aware of where it is and do not require Geography lesson, I specifically stated north Jomtien beach, and mentioned Dongtan for those who are geographically limited.

I also mentioned that it would be good to be within 30 minutes walk

why is it not possible to ask a simple and accurate question without someone trying to make you look dumb?

54 minutes ago, schweizer said:

Out of interest where do you think Jomtien beach (as quoted) starts?

Hey, you asked him where he thought it was and he was replying to you.

You're just making yourself look dumb.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, PattayaParent said:

Jomtien starts at the Jomtien Welcome Arch outside Hemmingways so if you walk down to the beach along that road you are at the North end of Jomtien Beach, turn right and you are at the South end of Dongtan Beach. Walk 30 minutes North and you'll reach Phratumnak Beach.

You are both wrong and correct at the same time. 😊

Pattaya Property Guide by District

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, PattayaParent said:

Even Google Maps indicates that Jomtien starts right next to Phra Tamnak: https://www.google.com/maps/search/jomtien+demarcation+map/@12.8978136,100.8519429,14z

Where you are correct is in the actual name of the beach. But then you wrote "Jomtien starts".... making yourself wrong again 😊

Then you mentioned Phra Tamnak beach....wrong again. It's YinYom beach.

Edited by NowNow

35 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Then you mentioned Phra Tamnak beach....wrong again. It's YinYom beach.

I've lived there 20 years and never heard it called YinYom Beach! Everyone there calls it Phratumnak Beach.

If you look at your map Jomtien First Road starts at that junction I mentioned and runs South, and Jomtien Second Road starts at the traffic lights where the Machanu statue is and runs South also. The road that they intersect is Thappraya which is the access road to Pattaya and which is what I'm basing my demarcation on, plus the Arch welcoming people to Jomtien Beach.

2 hours ago, PattayaParent said:

I've lived there 20 years and never heard it called YinYom Beach! Everyone there calls it Phratumnak Beach.

If you look at your map Jomtien First Road starts at that junction I mentioned and runs South, and Jomtien Second Road starts at the traffic lights where the Machanu statue is and runs South also. The road that they intersect is Thappraya which is the access road to Pattaya and which is what I'm basing my demarcation on, plus the Arch welcoming people to Jomtien Beach.

You should get out more 😊 So if you think that's where Jomtien begins, then what do you call the area in between the Police box and Phra Tamnak Soi 5? Phra Jomtien? Jomtien Noi?

I guess you don't know about Hu Kwang Bay either....

• Sad 1

What a load of off topic nonsense.....arguing about beach names.

If the OP is happy with a fish in a tin, fish shaped pan, over a small burner, it is a standard at any Thai restaurant....no shortage of those. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

My other half is a big fan of the steamed sea bass at Kiss Food and Drink on Second Road, opposite Soi 5. Hers came in a fish shaped tin with a burner, slathered in lime, garlic and chillies. Over 300 Baht a portion, if I recall correctly.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, jippytum said:

i'm a consumer of fish and chips regularly in Pattaya. 

Currently my favourite place is the Golden Ferret. 

Although that is not what the OP asked, nor is it in North Jomtien...do they do a steamed fish?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I like the Surf kitchen on the beach road for Thai food including fish, with a view of the sea looking out to Koh Larn.

I've given that place at least three opportunities due to recommendations from other people. Perhaps each time, they've had an off day or some people just have very low standards. It's one of the few places wherein we rejected a dish as inedible. So salty that we couldn't eat it. Thai friend sent it back. Other visits weren't impressive either.

2 hours ago, champers said:

My other half is a big fan of the steamed sea bass at Kiss Food and Drink on Second Road, opposite Soi 5. Hers came in a fish shaped tin with a burner, slathered in lime, garlic and chillies. Over 300 Baht a portion, if I recall correctly.

But is it the best place? 😊

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What a load of off topic nonsense.....arguing about beach names.

If the OP is happy with a fish in a tin, fish shaped pan, over a small burner, it is a standard at any Thai restaurant....no shortage of those. 

They didn't ask about 'standard', Smarty... 😊 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NowNow said:

I've given that place at least three opportunities due to recommendations from other people. Perhaps each time, they've had an off day or some people just have very low standards. It's one of the few places wherein we rejected a dish as inedible. So salty that we couldn't eat it. Thai friend sent it back. Other visits weren't impressive either.

Which one did you go to?

There's two on Jomtien beach road.

Edited by PattayaParent

16 hours ago, NowNow said:

You should get out more 😊 So if you think that's where Jomtien begins, then what do you call the area in between the Police box and Phra Tamnak Soi 5? Phra Jomtien? Jomtien Noi?

I guess you don't know about Hu Kwang Bay either....

It's amazing what Google can do for you 😁

3 minutes ago, PattayaParent said:

It's amazing what Google can do for you 😁

Did you find it there? 😊 You hadn't heard of it, had you? After twenty years.... A thank you would have sufficed. 😉

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PattayaParent said:

I bet you hadn't heard of it before you googled it!

...and how much are you willing to place on that bet? I'm guessing a big fat nothing. I didn't Google it, you did. It's not on Google Maps, so you would have only been able to find it by searching the name that I gave you. Not all of us are totally ignorant of our surroundings twenty years later.

• Thumbs Up 1