Finding true love caring partner

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I broke my arm in a scooter accident about a year ago, and spent a night in hospital.

My GF slept on the floor next to my bed, to take care of me. She brought me food from outside as the hospital food was inedible.

Yes.

I remember that, clearly.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think the elderly can find love anywhere, nobody wants us, not even our children.

But if you have a bit of money, you can buy a facsimile of love in SEA.

Well, this is only partly true. You have to look for a partner close to your own age, which most farang don't want to do. There are plenty of women in their 50's. and 60's looking for companionship and a stable relationship. Personally, I'm not sure I could live with anyone again though.

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I left his hot room after an hour , sparsely furnished in this decriprit old  Flybird building , no lights in the stairwells, graffiti,looked like something out of the Bronx 

I started to cry thinking of not only this poor old man but the many hundreds of old farangs in Pattaya who are FORCED to come home after a day or night of  drinking to a bare room with no one to care 

The security guard came out of his box ,he said "where you go " ?

He saw me crying and pointed towards the roadway looking sad at me 

I'm taking him to the Philippines if anyone wants to join to find true love and his question to me 

"When I find love in the Philippines can I bring her to Pattaya?

Yes I said 

I left a man who went from sadness to hope 

You really are repeating yourself. First, your post on why people take the bus to Pattaya was just a repeat of a post you had made previously. And now this post as well. I recollect you posted something earlier about alcoholic farangs living in Nirun or Arcadia or wherever. Clearly, you're just looking for attention.

1 hour ago, jaywalker2 said:

You really are repeating yourself. First, your post on why people take the bus to Pattaya was just a repeat of a post you had made previously. And now this post as well. I recollect you posted something earlier about alcoholic farangs living in Nirun or Arcadia or wherever. Clearly, you're just looking for attention.

It's sad you live by yourself but the  Nirun condos,  and there's nothing wrong with the Nirun please don't denigrate if that's the word to use ,don't denigrate those lower class Condos that's all I ask mate ..please 

We must live in harmony and some farangs may be on pensions etc 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I don't think the elderly can find love anywhere, nobody wants us, not even our children.

No I don't have any money (since I lost most in Thailand ) went back to OZ with my Thai wife have been married for over 20 years. We have a good life here.

• Thumbs Up 1

Some elements of the OP sound like a windup, but I’m going to take it all at face value for the moment and raise the following questions:

1 - Why are young/attractive women and/or sex workers in the Philippines going to be any more interested in a lonely 70 year old man that drinks too much any more than all the poor Isarn women already living and working in Pattaya?

2 - Is a Filipino woman going to easily be able to get a long term visa to live with a retired foreigner in Thailand at all unless they are already married? Wouldn’t it be better, easier and more practical to choose from one of the 20+ million single/available Thai women already residing in Thailand?

3 - I have many friends who have parents in their late seventies and eighties and they all care for and worry about their parents to whatever degree that they are capable of. I find it very unusual that his children don’t want to speak with him, unless he was a really poor father to them when they were younger. Perhaps he hasn’t been honest with you about the type of father he was to his children and the type of person he is in general?

4 - Does he really need someone to love him or does he just need some friendship or activities that he enjoys?

5 - There is no reason for a person to be lonely in a foreign country. If one wants to meet people and do fun things there are a myriad of activities people can join in on and to meet other people socially using apps like Meet Up. Why doesn’t he do something like that to meet people who would likely have some mutual interests/hobbies?

6 - If he mostly spends his time drinking then why doesn’t try and fix his drinking problem first rather than just complain about being lonely? Nobody wants an alcoholic for a partner unless they are either desperate or an alcoholic themselves. 

Lastly, would anyone in their right mind compile statistics on how many dental clinics in Pattaya have the word Smile in the name of the clinic in the first place? Surely one doesn’t even need to go to Pattaya to do that. You could stay home and use Google Maps to do that if you’re so obsessed with dental clinics.

Edited by RSD1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, BritManToo said:

+1

As much chance of finding real, genuine love as winning Lotto. Some win Lotto, and some find true love, but not many.

8 hours ago, jaywalker2 said:

There are plenty of women in their 50's. and 60's looking for companionship and a stable relationship.

Perhaps, but they ain't sexually attractive and probably don't want sex.

If one wants a faithful companion that loves one unconditionally get a dog. That is not indicating get a dog for sex BTW.

I'm saying a dog will be as good a companion as a 60+ woman, and without the complaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

That's just your opinion, which is slanted towards idealistic.

Did I say a transactional relationship could not evolve into something else?

I give my GF what she wants, she gives me what I want. Welcome to Thailand.

So you don't consider setting yourself up as some kind of ASEAN moral crusader has an element of narcissism?

No, just a fact. Two kinds of relationships. Transactional and an actual loving, caring relationship based on nurturing because you want to, and not because there's something in it for you. A relationship should always start, and end up, with one doing what they can for the other, with no expectations in return, but your needs will be met if both do their part. If you knew the definition of narcissism, you would understand what I do here.

Just now, fredwiggy said:

No, just a fact. Two kinds of relationships. Transactional and an actual loving, caring relationship based on nurturing because you want to, and not because there's something in it for you. A relationship should always start, and end up, with one doing what they can for the other, with no expectations in return, but your needs will be met if both do their part. If you knew the definition of narcissism, you would understand what I do here.

and what are the chances of finding that one in a million woman that will still be loving unconditionally in 20 years time?

A relationship should always start, and end up, with one doing what they can for the other, with no expectations in return

I give the chances of finding anyone that will do "what they can for the other, with no expectations in return" virtually no chance whatesoever. The vast majority want something in return, despite what they may say. Mother Teresa is the only example of someone like that that I know of.

34 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and what are the chances of finding that one in a million woman that will still be loving unconditionally in 20 years time?

A relationship should always start, and end up, with one doing what they can for the other, with no expectations in return

I give the chances of finding anyone that will do "what they can for the other, with no expectations in return" virtually no chance whatesoever. The vast majority want something in return, despite what they may say. Mother Teresa is the only example of someone like that that I know of.

The chances are slim of course, which is why there are so many divorces. Of course everyone wants something in return but you don't go into the relationship thinking like that. Your needs will be met if you meet theirs. A normal partner wants what's best for the other. If they don't meet your needs, you can leave, but most people who understand their role in a loving relationship know they will get same in return if you're always giving.

I always do more than what I see and hear what other men do for exactly this reason. I know the complaints I've always heard from women, in personal life, other's I know , and by reading continuously on the subject, and I've learned and tried, not to repeat those mistakes so my woman is happy. Granted, some are takers, greedy or damaged from childhood, and they might never be satisfied, and will hold back love because of it. But if you give your all, and more, you should get what you need. From what I've seen and heard, most women will never find a man that really loves them unconditionally, and many expect women to be slaves or mothers to them, and that will never work, or if it does, the woman will not be as happy as she should be.

Edited by fredwiggy

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Narcissism is a complex psychological disorder, with many facets. Such as the need for praise and attention, lack of empathy, a grandiose sense of self, entitlement, envy of others.

I have none of those attributes. Calling me a narcissist, because my current relationship of more than ten years started off as transactional, is as shallow as a mud puddle.

BTW, my previous two relationships were 28 and 16 years. Narcissists shed relationships like deciduous trees.

Give me an estimate, if you know so much about it. What percentage of relationships between Thais and foreigners start out as the loving, caring type you describe, and how many started as transactional?

12 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I left his hot room after an hour , sparsely furnished in this decriprit old  Flybird building , no lights in the stairwells, graffiti,looked like something out of the Bronx 

I started to cry thinking of not only this poor old man but the many hundreds of old farangs in Pattaya who are FORCED to come home after a day or night of  drinking to a bare room with no one to care 

The security guard came out of his box ,he said "where you go " ?

He saw me crying and pointed towards the roadway looking sad at me 

I'm taking him to the Philippines if anyone wants to join to find true love and his question to me 

"When I find love in the Philippines can I bring her to Pattaya?

Yes I said 

I left a man who went from sadness to hope 

You're a true saint George. Just think of all the lives you'd brighten up if you lived here full time. God bless you.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Transactional and an actual loving, caring relationship based on nurturing

it's not always easy to quantify how non-transactional a relationship actually is.

who knows what's really going on in a woman's mind? 

try being extremely frugal for a few months to test her maybe. 

11 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I broke my arm in a scooter accident about a year ago, and spent a night in hospital.

My GF slept on the floor next to my bed, to take care of me. She brought me food from outside as the hospital food was inedible.

I visited a gov hospital once to visit someone.  Not pleasant.

13 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

I asked them if they were lonely all denied it of course, except one who went on to tell me he would love to have a REAL partner

So you found many guys who were not lonely and 1 that was, so you decided all men in Pattaya are lonely and live at Flybird.

You have a vivid imagination GG. :whistling:

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I visited a gov hospital once to visit someone.  Not pleasant.

I was the only foreigner in a COVID quarantine facility for 14 days, in a provincial hospital.

My GF was much sicker than I was, because she had read Facebook, and rejected vaccination when it was available.

Camping out in shearer's quarters in outback New South Wales was good preparation.

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I was the only foreigner in a COVID quarantine facility for 14 days, in a provincial hospital.

My GF was much sicker than I was, because she had read Facebook, and rejected vaccination when it was available.

Camping out in shearer's quarters in outback New South Wales was good preparation.

Well.dont waste that time you have left 

Edited by georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, georgegeorgia said:

It's 0820am ,I need to get up to walk , and lift weights at Tony's gym 

Please don't waste the time you have left Sir that's all I ask of you 

Be careful not to get your Zimmer stuck in those awful sidewalk cracks. Just dreadful.

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Thanks for the advice. How would I be wasting my time?

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Is this the Gym you are going to now?

image.png.cd70990ebda372c364ddfcba4f0dfb0e.png

21 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Narcissism is a complex psychological disorder, with many facets. Such as the need for praise and attention, lack of empathy, a grandiose sense of self, entitlement, envy of others.

I have none of those attributes. Calling me a narcissist, because my current relationship of more than ten years started off as transactional, is as shallow as a mud puddle.

BTW, my previous two relationships were 28 and 16 years. Narcissists shed relationships like deciduous trees.

Give me an estimate, if you know so much about it. What percentage of relationships between Thais and foreigners start out as the loving, caring type you describe, and how many started as transactional?

Who called you a narcissist? You referred to me as one, when I'm the opposite. I know exactly how a narcissist operates, and where they come from, as I've been the victim of a few, especially here with my ex. Narcissists don't always shed relationships. Some stay with their partners because they give them what they need, especially finances, sex and a house to live in. This doesn't stop them from cheating or degrading. The difference between a narcissist and a normal person is the narcissist will always look at their partner as a thing to use, and maybe discard when they find "better". A normal person looks at their partner as exactly that. Not to use but to cherish and do whatever they can for to make them comfortable with them. 

I'm sure most relationships here between foreigners and local women start off with the woman thinking their man will take better care of them than the local men here do, which is partly true but not always. Greed drives the women here, here and in other poor countries, especially ones where the men aren't held accountable for the children they help create. One woman hears what the farang husband does for her friend, and she wants the same, so the fantasy grows. That still doesn't take away from the fact these women are still women, with needs, desires and wants. Attraction can still be there, although the first thing in many minds is still that money they might receive. I think it all depends on how old a woman is, and if she's in her lat 30's or older, she might now be looking for companionship more than financial gain, especially if she has her own money.

Again, yes, I think most relationships here between us and them start out as the financial kind, and then could grow into something more "normal", where the more important things are companionship, care and love. In other countries where women are more independent, they look more for someone to treat them with respect and loyalty, less so financial, but I think most women still want to be taken care of. Mutual respect, love, a sense of comfort, and loyalty are still the most important things a woman needs, and when they want these things, it isn't a transaction if he also does. There are millions of women and men in the world who would love to have someone to grow old with, as partners and not looking for what they can get out of the deal. Going into a relationship looking at it as a transaction is wrong. People aren't object to use or gain from. Some want companionship more than anything else.

Just now, ravip said:

Is this the Gym you are going to now?

image.png.cd70990ebda372c364ddfcba4f0dfb0e.png

Yesterday I went to one called INTERNATIONAL gym and I found it by accident.

I couldn't cross the road over to Tony's gym so kept walking down that Third Road.

As I was walking I noticed a gym in a shophouse, all.old equipment,like a old school.gym

100 baht plus free water at this International gym 

23 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it's not always easy to quantify how non-transactional a relationship actually is.

who knows what's really going on in a woman's mind? 

try being extremely frugal for a few months to test her maybe. 

Taking time to know a person in all aspects is always the best course of action. I fell in love fast a couple of times and it burned me, as attraction overcame the red flags I saw. You don't have to test them but just keep your eyes open, as people will always show their true selves in time. It can take up to a year to see how a person reacts and acts in all situations, and sometimes more. all depending on how much time you spend together.

2 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

You need to learn women only love and nurture their children.