Thai American lawyer advises that it is illegal for non-Thais to give Thai tax advice

8 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

That means that very few of us understand what accountancy and tax infrastructure already exists here, because we've never needed to or bothered to find out

Actually I knew pretty much exactly what the accountancy/tax infrastructure was - as would anybody with decades of Thailand business experience.

I admit to being sceptical about firms that emerge out of nowhere and are mainly focused on retirees.Some may be okay but much care is needed.

10 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

we have come down critically on the "industry" because it contains some farangs who speak to us in our native language....shock and horror that. 🙂

Sorry, don't really understand your point here.

Can't comment on ExpatTax without further knowledge/study but seems on basis of website to be well organized (though not entirely encouraging to see. -  " If you have foreign-sourced income, you must obtain a tax ID number and file an annual tax return" -  prominently displayed.

Just wondering how many better-to-do retirees from the dirty farang countries are leaving over all this mess, confusion and tax collection idea without any counter value? 

What the semi-divines in the finance ministry did completely forget is, that ALL those have moved once already to Thailand and there is little which would prevent getting the household movers back in action again. 10+ closer friends have packed/are packing for Sri Lanka, Bali and the Philippines.

Your call 😉 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

Guy comes across as a stereotypical waffling blowhard yank.

He just spent 12 mins saying nothing of value so if you pay him by the hour be careful.

Fake reassurances, come to Thailand, use my services blah blah blah.

No thanks pal.

True - he'd still be talking under 6 feet of concrete

• Agree 1