Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

From the view, he wasn't in a market or restaurant, he was smoking in the vicinity of a stall perched on the outside of the market as we can see from the traffic.

The market is next to the road and the stall was within the market area

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You can walk along that footpath and smoke as much as you want, it isn't in the market. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, roo860 said:

You can walk along that footpath and smoke as much as you want, it isn't in the market. 

There isn't a footpath , the food stalls are set back a bit from the road and the market extends all the way to the road , the kerb is part of the market as well 

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The Spanish are protesting about the amount of tourists and how so many tourists are having a detrimental effect on their daily lives . 

And kudos to Spain for allowing this.  In Canada if you protest against foreigners laundering millions of dollars into Vancouver real estate - thereby driving up costs of housing into nosebleed territory unaffordable for mostly all but pro hockey players - you are shamed and called a racist by the woke libterds.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

And kudos to Spain for allowing this.  In Canada if you protest against foreigners laundering millions of dollars into Vancouver real estate - thereby driving up costs of housing into nosebleed territory unaffordable for mostly all but pro hockey players - you are shamed and called a racist by the woke libterds.

And who cares? Woke and Uber PC culture is a form of extreme weakness being demonstrated by people without discriminative faculties who are simply following a relatively small herd into cultural oblivion. They must be ignored with every nanogram of our being. 

Hopefully this too shall pass. 

• Haha 1

I think a lot of smokers just don't realize how obnoxious secondhand smoke is, and they seem to feel somewhat entitled to smoke wherever they want. If I walk into a restaurant and people are smoking, I turn around and just walk right back out. I just don't want to deal with it. I feel the same way about bars, if too many people are smoking it's just not worth it..

It is always fascinating when I watch European movies how high a percentage of people are smokers, it's as if they think smoking is still somehow hip or cool, little do they know how lame a habit it is, how filthy a habit it is, and how obnoxious and destructive a habit it is. Not to mention an expensive habit in many countries. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

And who cares? Woke and Uber PC culture is a form of extreme weakness being demonstrated by people without discriminative faculties who are simply following a relatively small herd into cultural oblivion

I, for one, care. If I want to state facts (e.g. laundered foreign money had / has a detrimental effect on real estate prices in Vancouver) I should be permitted to say so without being crucified and slandered as a "bigot" by the woke, uber PC brigade. I don't care if the laundered money came from Mars.

Agree with you on the other point - they are weak indeed - but I'm not convinced they're headed for cultural oblivion.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

There was no wrecked stall. Any wreckage was down to the behavior of the sisters.

Of course it's an exaggeration to justify firstly throwing an object from one of them at him, backed up by the second throwing water which was hardly likely to ' put out a cigarette ' it was intentionally aimed to inflame the situation.

He wasn't smoking over her food at the stall and was a good couple of meters away from her stall. It looks like he is on a public highway, not in the middle of a market.

Gas bottles are used to fuel open burners with naked flames, so the health and safety argument is out the window.

Then of course, we have the AN forum hang them high brigade on here, 

Ban him, send him to jail, revoke his visa, throw him out of the country,...….pathetic responses and over the top!

The guy has smoked a cigarette and that is the top and bottom of it, and whether you like it or not, no law was broken. 

This crime against humanity has subsequently drawn the wrath of the great and the good on Asean Now to warrant a 10 page thread.

Finally, we have the outraged Anti British on here spewing their bile against any person of British extraction.

You guys want to get out of your self important bubbles, off your small laptops and barstools, where you spend your lives blaming everybody else for your own miserable existence and give your heads a good wobble,

Best answer on this subject. Now can Malcolm and Richard please stop bitching at each other.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

is a form of extreme weakness being demonstrated by people

Weak eh? 
But you lose it over a bit of second hand smoke. You must be young. Back in my day people soaked on planes, in pubs, nightclubs, restaurants and we didn’t complain. 
Then you cancel culture mob started bitchin about every little thing and we ended up in this woke/pc/cancel culture mess that you caused.

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

If I walk into a restaurant and people are smoking, I turn around and just walk right back out

8 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

For some of us second hand tobacco smoke is one of the most obnoxious smells in the universe, it's right up there with the chemicals that come out of a chemical plant.

Harden up snowflake 

• Love It 2

9 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

There was probably more obnoxious, dangerous fumes coming from the traffic, and her cooking hob, than from one man's ciggie.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Try not to think about her , you'll only get upset again.

May I suggest, it is you that is upset, probably shunned by the bloke.......😪

11 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The only fantasy here is an Aussie Truck driver , I have no idea why you would fantasise about  having an online affair with an Aussie Truck driver , most strange 

A weak attempt to cover your online antics with the Aussie bloke................😘

45 minutes ago, Lokie said:

He should not have smoked near the stall. However I dont know which video you watched but it clearly Shows the Vendor throw a bucket at the Brit while telling him to <deleted> Off in English, he replies No, you <deleted> off she started it. At this point the Vendors Sister ran from behind the Stall to throw a bucket of water over him. So think your statement is not quite balanced to say the least. 

Your comment is laughable. People saw, and you can also see that he smacks on the table in an aggressive manner, before shouting and walking out. You really think Thai people working selling in market stands attack people without a reason? You must be new here.

• Haha 1