Foreigner Wrecks Chiang Mai Stall After Smoking Ban Warning

webfact

13 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You have failed yet again at the most simplistic point of the debate - I critiqued your absense of balance due to the manner in which you apply an unwavering positive favouritism toward Thais...   

look mate, you can defend the idiot. 

But he was totally out of line

1) smoking and blowing smoke all over her and her food and customers

2) Yelling and swearing at her

3) wrecking the woman’s stall.

I remember reading that you have also had many confrontations and conflicts with Thais in Thailand, similar behavior, yelling and swearing, aggression.

An underlying, seething issue so you take these reports as an opportunity to vent your frustrations. 

All I am saying is I don’t think Thailand is for you, and you are not for Thailand. 
Do yourself a favor, and the Thais a favor and move along and find happiness.

Life is too short to be unhappy.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

But he was totally out of line

1) smoking and blowing smoke all over her and her food and customers

2) Yelling and swearing at her

3) wrecking the woman’s stall.

1. A bit if not a lot of exaggeration to the point of over egging the pudding in your first argument. How much smoke is billowing from those gas cookers and naked flames, not to mention all the fumes and petrol, as well as diesel from the cars and trucks passing the roadside stall?

2. Yelling and swearing seems to have been going both ways from the video I saw. Throwing objects, followed by buckets of water certainly didn't help diffuse the situation.

3. No evidence whatsoever of this occurring, and I don't believe it did and where is your video evidence to back this up?

You can make a point, but you really shouldn't resort to the overkill and blatant disregard of what actually occurred, everybody can easily watch the video to know, many of your statements are clearly untrue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

They all say you were the most hopeful out of her suitors until you were shunned when it got a bit nasty.

just sayin what everyone was sayin.

Really Rob, what bar was that in...............:drunk:

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

1. A bit if not a lot of exaggeration to the point of over egging the pudding in your first argument. How much smoke is billowing from those gas cookers and naked flames, not to mention all the fumes and petrol, as well as diesel from the cars and trucks passing the roadside stall?

2. Yelling and swearing seems to have been going both ways from the video I saw. Throwing objects, followed by buckets of water certainly didn't help diffuse the situation.

3. No evidence whatsoever of this occurring, and I don't believe it did and where is your video evidence to back this up?

You can make a point, but you really shouldn't resort to the overkill and blatant disregard of what actually occurred, everybody can easily watch the video to know, many of your statements are clearly untrue.

It is called manners.

You friend was lacking them. 

Funny you apologizing for him when his friend at the scene was apologizing for him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nick... I agree with you regarding 'what the protests are about'.... 

... But I also suspect there is a trigger point and that may well have been the level of disregard shown to the the locals and local area by tourists visiting that area..

It wasn't , it was Air BnB and the changing of tourism .

Tourists previously  stayed in hotels by the beach, all confined to one area .

Then AirBnB came along and tourists began staying in AirBnBs all over town .

Local landlords converted their long term  rental properties into short term BnBs .

That caused a shortage in local Condos available for locals for long term renting and that caused a price rise , pricing locals out the market and locals cannot afford to live there anymore , hence the protests against tourists .

Nothing to do with Drunken Brits fighting in bars 

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

It is called manners.

You friend was lacking them. 

Funny you apologizing for him when his friend at the scene was apologizing for him. 

Not my friend, I have no idea who the guy is.

I am not apologizing for anybody.

Here you go again changing facts and the story, do you have difficulty reading?

Maybe his friend just thought it would be more sensible to walk away from a storm in a teacup and was diffusing the situation?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Yes, it is illegal in Thailand to smoke in markets and restaurants . 

Was this a market?
Looks like a road to me.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

No,

I am not having that, that would mean pedestrians have no right of way to walk next to a road.

Markets don't own the kerbs, though they often encroach on them, hence various means and methods to get markets moved.

How often previously was it we have to move into the road to negotiate our way around food trolleys and carts occupying the pavements in Bangkok.

These are attempts to commandeer public spaces and rights of way by stallholders.

It is no better than those who place bollards and obstacles outside their shops so they can reserve parking for themselves in public streets and rights of way.

Are you one of those guys that goes into a bar, a no smoking bar and stands in the bar doorway with his legs in the bar and his head and right hand outside the bar leant over and sparks up a cigarette and says "What , I'm smoking outside" as all the exhaled smoke wafts into the bar ?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The foreigner, feeling threatened, responded by overturning trays of bualoy, damaging tables, and throwing his lit cigarette at her.

You are defending an out of control goombah. Lock him up. 

Sounds like a very fragile ego to me 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

What I love about AN TV is that so many of you lot have your opinion, and won't admit to there being another point of view.

Facts and laws are objective.

Opinions and ideas are subjective.

And then you all start the 'how long have you been here?' thing with 'I know better than you.'

I'm pretty sure none of us were at the 'market' at the time and probably none of us would want a beer with the farang smoker or a date with the market lady, or her sister.

Can we all just move on?

• Like 1

The other silly aspect of this is his complete lack of regard for the gas hazard. One wonders if he smokes while filling his car with gas. He is simply a weak snowflake, who could not handle being asked to put on his cigarette. And no self discipline either. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After watching the video again it appears the smokers wife Karen was also quite rude, and the younger man was perhaps their son. 

Which brings back memories of a similar family in Hua Hin a few years back.

Luckily for this family they didn’t end up the same.

8 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

After watching the video again it appears the smokers wife Karen was also quite rude, and the younger man was perhaps their son. 

Which brings back memories of a similar family in Hua Hin a few years back.

Luckily for this family they didn’t end up the same.

Soi Bintabaht, outside the Romantic bar, Hua Hin.

All the assailants were jailed for 4yrs, served 2yrs for pleading guilty 

Edited by roo860

13 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Chang Phuak Night Market

image.jpeg.4b93fd43b5071bd57e295206e73a70d1.jpeg

Same place , notice the red tiles on the kerb

Similar but not the same shop. The one in your photo is an Issan food to order stall.

The sisters were selling….

Bua Loyyyyyyyyyy

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Chang Phuak Night Market

image.jpeg.4b93fd43b5071bd57e295206e73a70d1.jpeg

Same place , notice the red tiles on the kerb

What defines a 'market' and therefore a place where smoking is forbidden?

• Like 1

On 10/24/2024 at 8:20 AM, webfact said:

However, the request infuriated the man, who argued that he had the right to smoke wherever he pleased, claiming it was a personal freedom. When his partner arrived, the situation escalated as the man exaggerated the story, making it appear as though he had been unfairly targeted.

Claiming personal freedom!

His right! to smoke wherever he pleases!

Exagerrater!

Then plays the victim!!! 

Sound likes an anti masker anti vaxxer type.

Plonker

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MalcolmB said:

Similar but not the same shop. The one in your photo is an Issan food to order stall.

The sisters were selling….

Bua Loyyyyyyyyyy

I posted the photo to show that the location  was a market and not just a stall by the side of the road , the stall in question would have been a neighbours to the stall  in my photo 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Soi Bintabaht, outside the Romantic bar, Hua Hin.

All the assailants were jailed for 4yrs, served 2yrs for pleading guilty 

And freed as soon as the family were loaded on to the plane home.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, 2long said:

What defines a 'market' and therefore a place where smoking is forbidden?

Brains, basic decency, common sense, courtesy to others.....  All the usual factors that would prevent a decent human being from lighting up a cigarette because he knows the smoke would blow towards those others in a public area.... 

With regards to the actual law - I don't think this area (an open air market) can be classified as a non-smoking area.... But the guy was still a pr!ck for lighting up in that area.