More Immigration shenanigans 90 report

20 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

He should have just done the 90 day report online

Many have reported being rejected online.
4 of my previous 6 online reports have been rejected. Same details entered each time.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I wouldn't be pissing off Immigration over a 100 Baht.

And if we all pay 100 BHT, how long before they charge 200, 300 BHT, such is their greed.

You can't stop the rot once it's started.
Prevention is always better than cure.

It is the principle of the matter.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

And if we all pay 100 BHT, how long before they charge 200, 300 BHT, such is their greed.

I agree, 'if your not part of the solution then your part of the problem' as the saying goes.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Like I said, each to their own.

I can do without the grief.

Especially for a 100 Baht.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well the Rot has set in now on Kho Chang, with the office now fully staffed, instead of just the one older guy doing the 90 days, ( the same guy who does my home visit) I just went to do my 90 day report, and they wanted 100baht 'service fee', I said OK give me a Receipt, had 3 different officers repeat it, so I just repeated no not unless you give me a receipt, this is not about the money but the principle, I walked out with my passport new 90 day in my passport, to be followed out by the older guy, saying he will take care, off he goes and comes out, everything is now ok and I can go, out comes 2 more officers, trying to explain that now they are busy they need to charge, I just repeated the no receipt rhetoric...:crazy:...and now we can do yearly extensions there, I told the lady I still need to go to Trat, Laem Ngop as my bank is only in Trat now, "Oh I can take care of that" she says. Oh yeh I bet she can.......$$$$$. I know I can do it on line but it is so easy for me to pop in while out shopping.

I rang 1178 just now and they want all my details, before one can make a report, something I fear  would have bad repercussions for me. No wonder they get away with so much corruption.

Robbing Thieving Barstards 

So you take a stand and are repeatedly vocal at the Imm Office to make a point. Then you are still so annoyed you call to complain but then bail when you have to actually give the information for a report to be filed and possibly some action taken. Those big balls seem to have shrunk.  

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Photography in an immigration office is not allowed, and I would presume that includes making a vid. 

He meant send it by mail, recorded delivery with a self-addressed prepaid return envelope.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Will27 said:

Like I said, each to their own.

I can do without the grief.

Especially for a 100 Baht.

So where do you draw the line before you complain, or do you just support and condone the scam and corruption.

May IO's already charging for a COR, now 90 day in person reports, what next 1,000 BHT service fee for an extension?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

So where do you draw the line before you complain, or do you just support and condone the scam and corruption.

May IO's already charging for a COR, now 90 day in person reports, what next 1,000 BHT service fee for an extension?

I've already told you.

I'm not going to war over a 100 Baht.

I really don't need the grief.

If you and others want to die in a ditch over a 100 baht, good for you.

I don't.

I'm not answering your hypotheticals either.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Yes we know about the charges for Letters Of Residence that some IO charge, but this 90 day reporting charge is over the top, how often do you need a LOR/COR ?  In all the years I have been here, I have never heard of Anybody being charged for a 90day report, in fact the fine for not doing the 90day report is 2K but Cheaper without a receipt, normally 1K so I have heard.  

18 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Well the Rot has set in now on Kho Chang, with the office now fully staffed, instead of just the one older guy doing the 90 days, ( the same guy who does my home visit) I just went to do my 90 day report, and they wanted 100baht 'service fee', I said OK give me a Receipt, had 3 different officers repeat it, so I just repeated no not unless you give me a receipt, this is not about the money but the principle, I walked out with my passport new 90 day in my passport, to be followed out by the older guy, saying he will take care, off he goes and comes out, everything is now ok and I can go, out comes 2 more officers, trying to explain that now they are busy they need to charge, I just repeated the no receipt rhetoric...:crazy:...and now we can do yearly extensions there, I told the lady I still need to go to Trat, Laem Ngop as my bank is only in Trat now, "Oh I can take care of that" she says. Oh yeh I bet she can.......$$$$$. I know I can do it on line but it is so easy for me to pop in while out shopping.

I rang 1178 just now and they want all my details, before one can make a report, something I fear  would have bad repercussions for me. No wonder they get away with so much corruption.

For 100 Bhat I wouldn't complain 

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

in fact the fine for not doing the 90day report is 2K but Cheaper without a receipt, normally 1K so I have heard.  

I believe Phuket has that "arrangement" 

why have the stress - just pay them .... i use an agent to do my ret extension - they charge 100b to do the 90 day report - i cough up no problem ..

• Sad 1

this is not about the money but the principle,

If you think by not paying 100 baht, you are going to change anything, you are crazy.  

Your principles have no impact on anything except your own stress level.

• Like 1