Held at Customs.

NoshowJones

13 hours ago, nightfox said:

Why would Amazon refund you the money since it was delivered to you. You just have to go to the customs warehouse and pay the import duty tax on the item, that's all. Since it only cost £25, the duty shouldn't be more then a couple of hundred bhat. 

Amazon "A to Z guarantee" refunds anything to everything,. At least in Europe.

Not sure what consumer protection you may have in your coutry...

Edited by Sigmund

35 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

I had something sent to me by ups many years ago. Total value was about $75. Ups notified me that they wanted 1500 THB to do the customs clearance which p*ssed me off so I went to their offices and took the paperwork. Went the the holding warehouse at don mueang. Had to pay 30% customs which came to be about $130... As they add the shipping costs and insurance to the price and then vat. But once paid I took it with me.

That's different to Amazon using to ship a product to Thailand as Amazon has already paid the import duty but UPS still will not release the product from Thai customs into Thailand until you declare to Thai customs in person via the UPS office near the airport with pp that you are the legal importer.

There can be lots of reasons, one common one is that the item does not have NTBC approval and has been shipped using a Radio Communications Device HS code.

In other words the manufacturer/importer has not put it on the approved list and as a result requires a document/import licence saying the device has passed regulatory approval in Thailand. Much in the same way you may not be able to import something without a CE mark or UKCA mark into Europe/UK.

You are very unlucky really, in reality this sort of thing just slips through but one wrong HS code on the import is enough to flag this..

On 10/24/2024 at 4:35 PM, NoshowJones said:

I bought an item from Amazon and used my UK debit card. I tracked my item and have had a notice for the last two weeks saying it is delayed at customs. I have heard nothing more. It is in the warehouse at Samat Prakarn. I am asked by Amazon if I want to buy it again. It is a computer watch and only cost £25.

Are Amazon going to refund it or not? Has it been confiscated?

ive had a few bike parts dissappear there as well, somebody there cant help themselves

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, NoshowJones said:

Thanks, all I can really do now is not order again from Amazon although I appreciate that it is not their fault and advise other posters to be careful, and as for the defamation rule. :crazy:

ive had bike parts from Ebay dissapear, samut prakon, i tracked it there stuff from China, ive lived here 29 years used to be no problem, just last 2 years

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

Thailand proposed to change the lower limit on taxation of imports earlier this year to 1500 baht. Im not sure where it stands now but thats a pretty low limit. 

All that happened was VAT was introduced on items valued at less than B1500 that previously were exempt.   No limits were changed.

3 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

There can be lots of reasons, one common one is that the item does not have NTBC approval and has been shipped using a Radio Communications Device HS code.

In other words the manufacturer/importer has not put it on the approved list and as a result requires a document/import licence saying the device has passed regulatory approval in Thailand. Much in the same way you may not be able to import something without a CE mark or UKCA mark into Europe/UK.

You are very unlucky really, in reality this sort of thing just slips through but one wrong HS code on the import is enough to flag this..

Some gps products do have a problem with customs, so express sending have worked well for me