This is my America sadly

ifmu

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

I actually agree with you that everyone who votes should be required to identify themselves. The problem with IDs is that not everyone has one. I don't think that just because someone does not have a particular type of ID, they should not be allowed to vote. For example, perhaps they could be accompanied by someone else who could vouch for their identity.

However, voting requirements are left up to each state. Some, as you indicate above, require no ID, and some, unfortunately, will only accept a short list of photo IDs that not everyone has. 

The bottom line for me is that not having an ID should not be a big problem. Your vote could be taken but put on hold somehow, and only counted if its necessary to determine the outcome of the election. Then, your vote could be scrutinized more closely.

How many people that are qualified to vote do you think have no government ID of any kind? What is wrong with requiring a driver license or state/federal ID? 

Bring someone along to vouch for them? Maybe try it at bars first. A friend can just vouch for you that you are 21. Or how about getting on planes? Oh, he's with me, he forgot his passport, 

Voter requirements are not left up to the states, when states are sued to keep illegal aliens on voter rolls, and state bureaucrats are allowed to circumvent state constitutions to change voting regulations. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, paddypower said:

yes indeed. and women over 50 shouldn't really have a say in the issue of abortion legislation (someone forgot to mention to ('remind me to take my foot out of my mouth') Vance that a 50+ year old woman could have a daughter????

Your claim is false, 

Prior to the overturn of roe, not a woman in the United States had any say in abortion legislation. 

Now, every woman in the United States has a say in abortion, and they outnumber men. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

You didn't answer the question so that's telling in itself and makes me wonder which dump you're from (admittedly there are many in the US but far more in LOS imho)

If the locals "lead lives full of fulfilment" large swathes of them wouldn't have to rent their bodies and/or themselves to foreigners to get by.

Exhibit B:  https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=Thailand

"Thailand Quality of Life Index:104.77  Low"

What celebrities do may mean nothing to you but where the rich choose to spend their time is an indicator of the best places in the world to be (ie NOT Thailand).

I'm NOT a yank but too many on here (many delusionally smug boomers admittedly) unfairly denigrate their home countries imho which are the real paradises compared to LOS - though their pockets can';t stretch to enjoying the good life (or good or bad wimmin) there.

Bit of honesty sometimes surely wouldn't hurt would it?

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”

Delusion is NOT a river in Egypt.

Oh well. At least I tried.  

wow, you must be real fun at parties.  alto few, ALL our friends from the States who have moved to Thailand say they would never move back. 50% are maga's, independently wealthy and none of them are on social security, btw.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Virtuously no one on this thread will  understand your very simple truthful post....even the 70 something people here have " emotions" so strong  💪🏻 they don't get it. 

I understand it all except for the last part, where he claims the US "needs" Trump. That, I deny with all my heart. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdmiralKrag said:

A male must be gay or totally simp to vote for weak af, Manchurian candidate Kamala Harris

You're a laff. You excuse and explain away the point you came at me with - that the FBI was directly involved in manufacturing public lies which you have blithely dismissed the potential impact on the tightest election in US history.

Then you come back to take another swipe at Trump. Critical thinking much?

Do you have a certificate confirming membership of MAGA? Certainly come across as a dedicated follower of BS

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, G_Money said:

95% of the liberal posters on this forum have that same disease.

The stupidity of their replies offsets these self proclaimed scientists, accountants, global warming experts , rocket scientists, journalists, psychologists and experts in all fields know to man.

Hardest part is getting a direct answer from a direct question from these so called highly intelligent types .

When they can’t answer honestly or better yet have no answers, they divert and change the subject.

They have learned from the best, their messiah.  Kamala Harris.  

Monkey see Monkey do.

Do not call them liberals, they are not. They are leftists.

• Haha 1

Just now, Yellowtail said:

Do not call them liberals, they are not. They are leftists.

They can call themselves what they like, in the bigger picture, your opinion means absolutely nothing.....😬

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

They can call themselves what they like, in the bigger picture, your opinion means absolutely nothing.....😬

I agree with him. Nothing you can do about that.  Is there?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralKrag said:

<If you are to inept to run a competent search just go to Judicial Watch. They are nailing the feds almost on a daily basis>

Snipped for brevity. As suspected from MAGA world - Judicial Watch - a maelstrom of misinformation...

https://www.democracydocket.com/analysis/judicial-watchs-dangerous-influence-behind-their-assault-on-voting-rights-and-election-integrity/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

If the locals "lead lives full of fulfilment" large swathes of them wouldn't have to rent their bodies and/or themselves to foreigners to get by.

Exhibit B:  https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/country_result.jsp?country=Thailand

"Thailand Quality of Life Index:104.77  Low"

And if the USA was that great a place to live everyone wouldn't be taking drugs.

Let's face it, the poor in any country don't have that great a life.

But it's too wet and cold in the UK for me to go cycling every day, so I'm here, and it's great.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

"I will be a dictator on day one."

Who said that?

What you meant to say was:

Who said: "No, I won't be a dictator" and then laughingly continued: "Well, maybe I will be a dictator on day one, for one day I'll be a dictator" and everyone laughs, 

So the left cuts out  "...I will dictator..." and runs with it saying Trump promises to be a dictator" 

And you're here regurgitation the lie. 

There is an "enemy within", for example Nancy Pelosi and Adam Schiff

Do you not believe there are people in the government that are working against the best interest of the citizenry?

Adam Schiff and Nancy Pelosi were enemies to the Trump Administration. 

“I think it should be very easily handled by, if necessary, by National Guard, or if really necessary, by the military".

Who said that?

When he was asked how he would respond to a violent protest. 

Trump declared himself to be a Fascist and an existential threat to democracy.

Really.

Can you post a link to Trump declaring that or are you (as it typical of the left) just regurgitating the lies propagated by the left? 

• Haha 1

If USA wasn't so great, why are millions, trying to get in, legally & illegally every year.  Many from very far away, when EU is so much closer.

A lot more people trying to get into the USA, than leaving.   

Since I've lived in both USA & TH, for about the same amount of time as an adult, I can state both are great.

Both have their pros & cons.  TBH, if I had unlimited funds, I don't know which one I would live in.  Probably neither, permanently.  I'd visit the USA, play nomadic tourist for about a year, but probably leave.  Also probably wouldn't come back to TH, to permanently live.

Probably have a condo in each (Philly / USA & BKK / TH), for short visits, since having family in each.   

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Mel Gibson’s well-documented struggles with drug and mental health issues don’t exactly make him the poster boy for sound judgment on anyone else’s intellect or track record.

It’s sad how Trump uses lies and misinformation to rally support from the IQ-challenged, as clearly shown in the OP video, and from those struggling with mental issues.

This mirrors a dark historical pattern: Hitler initially exploited marginalized groups to gain support, only to later betray them, sending many of the vulnerable to concentration camps like Auschwitz.

Authoritarian leaders frequently employ similar tactics, using and then discarding those they consider expendable.

The "divide and conquer" strategy is pure Obama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AdmiralKrag said:

Yes, but in I think it's 13 + DC you do not. So, roughly one third

Besides .. so what? One is too many. Every vote is only as strong as the weakest link in the chain.

An amazing situation supported by those so so concerned about upholding democracy. You need ID to buy booze or to hire a car, why not for the most important link in the chain? No ID no vote, what's so hard about that.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, G_Money said:

95% of the liberal posters on this forum have that same disease.

The stupidity of their replies offsets these self proclaimed scientists, accountants, global warming experts , rocket scientists, journalists, psychologists and experts in all fields know to man.

Hardest part is getting a direct answer from a direct question from these so called highly intelligent types .

When they can’t answer honestly or better yet have no answers, they divert and change the subject.

They have learned from the best, their messiah.  Kamala Harris.  

Monkey see Monkey do.

Just a thought , trying to make sense of 

It, they , them is like trying to  change broken , trying to fix the same thing over and over again while expecting different results!

High majority of Snowflakes !Why would you even attempt at rationalizing with the likes of people who are intolerant towards opposing opinions?People who scream & howl

when they lose ! 
IMG_2771.jpeg.19643e033d9edc2b5df4bbef115af2c4.jpeg

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2024 at 11:22 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

I know there are high and low IQ people on both sides.

But Trump and MAGA supporters are obviously mentally challenged. Why else would they vote for a moron? 

I guess I must be one of the millions of mentally challenged voters. MAGA 2024

love trump.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

They did not accept defeat in 2016, so they challenged it in the courts, not the streets. And, as you know, they lost. Then, they reluctantly accepted it. 

… after spending millions $ of taxpayers money and waste of time for two unsuccessful procedures of impeachment. What about the George Floyd incident? Dems did not care about drug addict G.F’s death but they use it as a pretext to burn and loot many cities. Where were they for the murder of Laken Riley, Jocelyn Nungaray, Gloria Cassio, Ruby Garcia, Christopher Gadd, Travis Wolfe, Alex Wise Jr., Lisbeth Medina, Jeremy Poou-Caceres, Melissa and Riordan Powell, Aiden Clark, Rachel Morin, etc…Nowhere to be seen and they couldn’t even pronounce their name for the State of the Union speech.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, riclag said:

Make America Great Again!

Bring back the past, Tradition's!

Pledge of Allegiance 

to the flag , to the Founders , to the Republic for which it use to stand!

one nation under god with liberty and justice for all!

Screw the people that want to change 

The Constitution, electoral college and requirements of Id’s to vote.

If only it were that simple.........

contrast.png

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, riclag said:

Just the facts , Im fighting for Traditional America , legal migration , non woke values.The real threat isnt Trump , he hugs flags.Its the extreme left that burn them, rip them down!

What country you from?

he also feels up women and flogs cheap Trump bibles, made by child labor in China.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LosLobo said:

Mel Gibson’s well-documented struggles with drug and mental health issues don’t exactly make him the poster boy for sound judgment on anyone else’s intellect or track record.

Now a poster boy for rehabilitation, you see, and hence the achievement of sound judgement on at least one issue. Seems quite a few in the USA have made such laudable progress after being misled by the fake news for so long. It's much more than can be said for any leftist on the forum. It's all that credentialed education, high intelligence, and moral superiority, I suppose.

It’s sad how Trump uses lies and misinformation to rally support from the IQ-challenged, as clearly shown in the OP video, and from those struggling with mental issues.

Revel in the spread of hate, man:

Watch the lies:

This mirrors a dark historical pattern: Hitler initially exploited marginalized groups to gain support, only to later betray them, sending many of the vulnerable to concentration camps like Auschwitz.

Dems calling their opposition Hitler is an old tradition going back 60 years or so; anyone knowledgeable can only laugh, but it may hurt the gullible, such as yourself. It's like kids calling their dads fascists for withholding their allowance.

Kamala's (or rather, her DNC reptilian overlords') sad and dangerous attempts to leverage lies, fear, and hate, abandoning the "joy," "unity," and "turn the page" (WOT???), simply reflect her desperation as she's fallen in the polls. Lacking policies, promising more of failed Biden, unable to answer questions, and losing trust, fear and hate are all she has left. It seems they're losing potency as well. 

Edited by BigStar
  • Haha 1