Former GOP Adviser Predicts Harris Will 'Win Comfortably' Against Trump in Chaotic Race

Social Media

image.png

In a recent interview, GOP strategist and former Mitt Romney adviser Stuart Stevens shared a bold prediction regarding Vice President Kamala Harris’s chances in the upcoming election. Speaking with *Vanity Fair’s* Joe Hagan, Stevens praised the Harris campaign’s strategy, describing it as "the best presidential campaign ever." He expressed confidence in her potential for a decisive victory, stating, “Harris is going to win fairly comfortably. I think Harris is gonna win by a larger margin than 2020. [Republicans are] gonna say this election was rigged, and the Republican Party is going to fail again. And it’s going to be very, very ugly.”

Stevens highlighted the strategic balance Harris has maintained, navigating traditional campaign topics like the economy and border policies while also addressing what he considers the unusual nature of this race. “The Harris campaign has done a balance of dealing with these issues you would deal with in a normal race — economy, border — while reminding people that this isn’t remotely a normal race,” he said.

Contrasting Harris’s approach, Stevens offered a critical view of former President Trump’s campaign strategy, which he characterized as unfocused and disruptive. According to Stevens, Trump’s campaign lacks a clear vision beyond instilling fear among voters. “There is no plan except voter intimidation,” Stevens stated, adding, “It’s a very chaotic campaign that has no focus.” 

The Republican strategist also criticized Chris LaCivita, a senior adviser to Trump and a figure known for his 2004 campaign tactics against former Secretary of State John Kerry. Stevens suggested that LaCivita’s campaign approach, especially policies targeting transgender individuals, reveals the Trump camp’s lack of substantive direction. Referring to LaCivita’s previous attacks on LGBTQ issues, Stevens said, “Well, the closest would be the trans policy attacks. But that’s a policy that was put in place when Trump was president by his own Bureau of Prisons,” referencing a 2018 Justice Department policy change that limited protections for transgender inmates in federal facilities.

Stevens speculated on the motivation behind these tactics, stating, “There’s two ways to look at it: One, you can say, well, they’re doing it because it’s working; two, they’re doing it because they don’t know what else to do. I think it’s more the latter than the former.”

With Election Day less than two weeks away, polling data indicates a tight race. According to *The Hill/Decision Desk HQ’s* polling index, Harris leads Trump by a narrow margin, holding 48.7 percent of voter support compared to Trump’s 47.7 percent. As both campaigns press forward, Stevens’s comments add fuel to an already intense election cycle that continues to shape up as a high-stakes and deeply polarized contest.

Based on a report from the Hill 2024-10-26

news-logo-btm.jpg

news-footer-4.png

image.png

I believe she'll be Biden in terms of the popular vote, and likely win the popular vote by 8 to 10 million. The question is will that be enough to win the electoral college? I'm pretty confident it will be but we'll know very soon. 

• Agree 2

Deep down inside his limited gray matter, Trump knows he's lost it (the election, that is). But he'll carry on his bad-mouthing charade for as long as he has Fox and the like to carry his lies. And unfortunately, that will be long after November 5. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, neeray said:

Deep down inside his limited gray matter, Trump knows he's lost it (the election, that is). But he'll carry on his bad-mouthing charade for as long as he has Fox and the like to carry his lies. And unfortunately, that will be long after November 5. 

I agree I hope when he starts bleating and whining the DOJ slaps a gag order on him as the cases go through the courts,if he continues to yap lock him up!

• Thumbs Up 1