The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

Not a good result for the Dale the other night. Lost 3-1 at home to Bradford :)

Still favourites for automatic promotion though,mr bj.Steve McCall had just resigned as the Bradford manager and it seems to have had a positive response ! :D

Not a good result for the Dale the other night. Lost 3-1 at home to Bradford :)

Still favourites for automatic promotion though,mr bj.Steve McCall had just resigned as the Bradford manager and it seems to have had a positive response ! :D

Yeah it looks that way Mac. Hopefully jusi a hic up at The Dale

Bristol Rovers 3 Col 2

Just one of those days. Bit worried by those creeping up behind us - but there's still a fair way to go. The lottery of the play-offs seems more likely than ever for the U's though.

Great result for us. 

Shame we couldn't capitilise though.

Leyton Orient 0 - 0 Swindon 

Bristol Rovers 3 Col 2

Just one of those days. Bit worried by those creeping up behind us - but there's still a fair way to go. The lottery of the play-offs seems more likely than ever for the U's though.

Great result for us.

When do Swindon play MK Dons or is it Wimbledon AFC ?

Bristol Rovers 3 Col 2

Great result for us.

When do Swindon play MK Dons or is it Wimbledon AFC ?

Very funny.

Errrrm, soonish. Not sure.

Big game tonight Mr BJ. Adam LeFondre is out by all accounts.

Yeah, very big Thai. A win for you could possibly take you into automatic spot, with a game still in hand. We also need to capitalise on our games in hand. I wish we got league 2 games here in Saudi. In my office, no one had ever heard of Rochdale before but now, the ones who are in to football all know how Rochdale did at the weekend :)

Yeah, very big Thai. A win for you could possibly take you into automatic spot, with a game still in hand. We also need to capitalise on our games in hand. I wish we got league 2 games here in Saudi. In my office, no one had ever heard of Rochdale before but now, the ones who are in to football all know how Rochdale did at the weekend :D

I went to watch Chiang Mai Fc on sunday and I wore my rotherham shirt a few Thai's came and asked who's shirt it was and what division etc, then one guy saw me at half time and said oh Rotherham United, there in the sh1t league in England :):D What could I say, I was just more happy that someone in Thailand had heard of Rotherham...

Yeah, very big Thai. A win for you could possibly take you into automatic spot, with a game still in hand. We also need to capitalise on our games in hand. I wish we got league 2 games here in Saudi. In my office, no one had ever heard of Rochdale before but now, the ones who are in to football all know how Rochdale did at the weekend :D

I went to watch Chiang Mai Fc on sunday and I wore my rotherham shirt a few Thai's came and asked who's shirt it was and what division etc, then one guy saw me at half time and said oh Rotherham United, there in the sh1t league in England :):D What could I say, I was just more happy that someone in Thailand had heard of Rotherham...

:D:D

I know what you mean

Notts County 1-0 Macclesfield Town

This is the first time the Silkmen have ever lost at Meadow Lane. :)

Rochdale looking awesome.

Incidentally, Notts still owe the taxman 600K. Have negotiated to pay it off over 12 months.

The payment of 370K last week was to avoid administration.

Much optimism now among the fans, though they know they'll lose some top players at the end of the season.

RIP Keith Alexander and sympathy to his family and all at Macclesfield Town Football Club.

MACCLESFIELD boss Keith Alexander has died at the age of 53.

Alexander, who recently took time off due to illness, passed away after arriving home last night from the club's League Two match at Notts County.

A statement from the Silkmen read: "It is our sad duty to report that Keith Alexander passed away today after arriving home from Macclesfield Town's game at Notts County last night.

"Keith was a splendid man. He will be sorely missed at the Moss Rose and by everyone involved in football.

"Our thoughts and sympathies are with his family at this very difficult time."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...l#ixzz0h7KefXtp

Yes,very sad news about Keith Alexander.Apparently he collapsed and died after returning home from the match at Notts County.

He suffered a brain hemmorage in 2003 but I dont know if this was related to him passing away yesterday.

He was a true gentlemen who always gave 100% commitment to our small club and will be sadly missed.

Our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

R.I.P. Keith

On the Macc Town website www.mtfc.co.uk there is an online Book of Condolence for Keith.

There are over 60 pages of messages from fans all over England plus Cliftonville in Northern Ireland where Keith once played and made a great impact.

Even messages of condolence from as far away as Australia,USA and Asia....very touching....he was universally liked.

I think it will be a very emotional occasion at Hereford this afternoon.

Keiths funeral is at Lincoln Cathedral on March 15th at 2pm.

Last minute Charlies , but what a fantastic 1 - 0 result for Forest against Swansea. Most of the other results went in their favour as well.

14 points clear of the 7th placed team - that should secure a play-off place :)

Hereford 0 Macclesfield Town 2

Great win for the Silkmen in what has been a very emotional week......a well deserved victory.

With Grimsby beating Shrewsbury,Macc needed the win.....still 8 points clear of the relegation places with a game in hand.

Accrington Stanley 0 - 3 Notts County

County looking good with 9 - 0 from three games under Cotterill. However, their squad is getting down on numbers, so need to keep everyone fit.

They've been unable to sign players as the transfer window has been closed to them because under Munto they grossly exceeded the salary cap.

Their top player, Kaspar Schmeichel, will definitely go at the end of the season unless he agrees to a whopping salary cut, and why should he? League 1 looks a definite chance for next year, but they won't get promoted again in one year. Lee Hughes might stay.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...Mill___March_8/

"Notts County striker Lee Hughes could be on his way to Rochdale in the summer."

Seems far-fetched, but .... ? Notts chairman Ray Trew has said that Hughes will stay (and we've learned to believe everything that football administrators tell us). :)

PS Hughes has kicked 24 goals this season and been suspended for three games.

ColU 0 Brighton 0

Not very good. The first half was summed up by Aidy Boothroyd in the post match interview when he said that he had wished he was at home watching Eastenders during the first half.

Second half the U's did look better, but no doubt the neutrals watching on Sky would have changed channel long before that.

But fair do's to Brighton, they look a good side under manager Gus Poyet, and next season I wouldn't bet against them and Southampton being there , or thereabouts for the promotion places.