The Lower League Thread

mrbojangles

I see Rochdale is attracting a bad element just lately .

Gordon Brown was spotted opening his mouth and putting a size 10 in it.......... :)

I wonder if he stopped for a pie & Bovril.

I was amazed the famous Lancashire martial arts (ekky thump) didn't surface from the unfortunate lady !!

Well done to Notts county for bring the champions of division 2, the millers are definatley in the play offs so my fingers are crossed, but today for 1 day only I'm the biggest Crystal Palace fan in the world, I would love nothing more than seeing Wednesday relegated today. :)

Well done to Notts county for bring the champions of division 2, the millers are definatley in the play offs so my fingers are crossed, but today for 1 day only I'm the biggest Crystal Palace fan in the world, I would love nothing more than seeing Wednesday relegated today. :)

Millers must have a good chance. Morecambe looking dangerous though.

Rochdle lost.....again. Don't think they have won since being promoted. :D

Conserving their energy for League One :)

Maybe. But ending the season on a losing streak doesn't bode well, when your supposed to be stepping up a gear though

Rochdle lost.....again. Don't think they have won since being promoted. :D

Conserving their energy for League One :)

Maybe. But ending the season on a losing streak doesn't bode well, when your supposed to be stepping up a gear though

Well, it's a shame Torquay didn't get a few more points early on, as we have finished really strong towards the end. Another good win yesterday at Bury. :D

I have a feeling Torquay will beat Notts in today's game. The Gulls are playing well and they'll be at home. There's no real pressure on County and Cotterill has said he'll play a couple of his marginal players. Not sure what the effect of the Bristol City goalkeeper will be for Torquay, but he's certainly an experienced player. At the other end, Kasper Schmeichel has said his good byes to everyone already.

I have a feeling Torquay will beat Notts in today's game. The Gulls are playing well and they'll be at home. There's no real pressure on County and Cotterill has said he'll play a couple of his marginal players. Not sure what the effect of the Bristol City goalkeeper will be for Torquay, but he's certainly an experienced player. At the other end, Kasper Schmeichel has said his good byes to everyone already.

Very tight at the bottom in D1 today. I was delighted to see Exeter City stay up with a Ryan Harley wonder goal 8 minutes from time. The poor old Gills dropped into L2. Unusually 50 points wasn't enough to survive. So there will be a Devon derby next season with both the Grecians and Argyle in D1.

Staying up staying up stayyyyyyying uup, staying up stayyyyyyyying uuuuuuuuuuup, staying uUp staying up, STAYING UP. oh and did I mention were STAYING UP. unbelievable end to an exciting first season in this division, with a little bit of tweaking from paul tisdale A little bit more pace and a little width we will have a team that will compete in the top half of this division next season and who knows maybe just maybe!!. As I said weve got the foundation of a V Vgood team. congrats mr bo, c u next season.

Torquay 0 - 0 Notts County

Not a bad way to end the season for both clubs. A full house at Plainmoor. Both goalies made some cracking saves, and neither will be there next season.

Morecambe looking good for the play-offs.

Tranmere live to play another year in League 1 after beating Stockport County 3 - 0. :D

Phew, (wipes brow, gives thanks to the football gods and hopes for a better season next time ) :D

Best Wishes to all the other lower league-ers........ :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well 2 good results against Aldershot have got the Millers to the playoff final, its looking like it will be against Dagenham after their 6-0 win in the first leg. Ive just got to convince the Mrs that a weekend run to the UK to watch a football game makes perfect sense. :)

Manager Steve Cotterill has left Notts County. New contract negotiations broke down today. "Hardest decision of my life to leave Notts", etc. etc. Fans are cheesed off and talking like jilted lovers, though he has done everything asked of him.

Chairman Ray Trew has a "top seven" budget for next season in League One, so hopefully will get a good replacement. SC will be a hard act to follow though. Sounds like Portsmouth are very interested in him.

Still GUTTED!!!!

Commiserations, Thaimiller. Apparently it was a cracker of a game, but that's not much consolation. :)

It was a great game, pity we were on the wrong end of the result. Both teams played well and no complaints about the result as its all about putting the ball in the net.

• 1 month later...

Thursday 8 July 2010

Notts pay back £600,000.

Notts County have today confirmed that they have received the all clear from HMRC over a £600,000 tax bill that originally saw the club hit with a winding up petition.

smile.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Well todays the day it starts again unless of course your a Norwich and Watford fan then it was yesterday :D Good luck to everyone apart from Sheffield Wednesday fans. Mr Bj and Xangsamhua enjoy the dizzy heights of division one and I hope we get to join you next year. Let the season commence........ :header::bow:

Edited by thaimiller

Yes,good luck to all our teams !cool.gif

I was reading in the Guardian online that Rotherham are the pre-season favourites to win Division 2.They have managed to hold on to Adam Le Fondre,valued at 3m by Ronnie Moore,which is a big bonus !

Quite a difficult league to get out of and expect teams like Bradford,Gillingham,Aldershot,Crewe and Oxford to be in the mix.

I'd be happy for Macc Town to have a top half finish.....

All the best to Notts County and Rochdale who were promoted last year.I remember going to watch Rochdale at Spotland with my elder brother last time they were promoted.....but they lost 3-0......I remember Rochdale had a blonde centre forward called Tony Buck but thats about it (I was only a small lad then).....I've a feeling Rochdale survived and did reasonably well that season,though.

All the best to Notts County and Rochdale who were promoted last year.I remember going to watch Rochdale at Spotland with my elder brother last time they were promoted.....but they lost 3-0......I remember Rochdale had a blonde centre forward called Tony Buck but thats about it (I was only a small lad then).....I've a feeling Rochdale survived and did reasonably well that season,though.

Cheers Macc. I am just hoping for survival this year.

Good luck to all the other teams.

ClubLogo.gifNotts County 0 Huddersfield 3ClubLogo.gif

07/08/2553
Meadow Lane
Attendance: 10,342
Referee: T Kettle

Thanks Mr BJ, TM and Macclad for your good wishes, and all the best to the Dale, Millers and Silkmen.

Unfortunately the Terriers didn't share your goodwill and gave the Magpies a drubbing at Meadow Lane in front of a good crowd.

League One looks a tough proposition, so perhaps it's best to start off with a good dose of reality. Not that much of a dose though!

annoyed.gif