How To Make A Paypal Account In Thailand ?

hello every one

i will travel to bangkok at 21 of august

i want to make a paypal account

i have some question about it and i will be very happy if some of you can help me in this case.

i`ve searched the forum and i found some Topics ralated in making Paypal accounts

but it was too complicated and when i read more i undrestand less :o

so here is my main question :

Part 1) can i open a Thai Bank Account and get a Credit Card from that bank ? with Iranian Passport ? if yes

is it possible to connect them to a paypal account ? will paypal accept them and then i can recive money and withdraw them to my Thai bank account.

part 2)can i Open a US Bank account and get a Credit card in Thailand with Iranian passport

will the paypal accept it ? and what is its deference with a Thai bank account ?

what is its advantage and disadvantage

Part 3) is it possible to creat Primier paypal Account in thailand ? and if my account become limited can i resolve it becasue i am a forigner but my brother lives in bangkok

thanks

Cant answer all your questions but:

- Thai paypal accounts cannot fund from bank accounts

- You have problems if the credit card used to fund it is not owned by a Thai person

- You can call paypal from any country and ask them these questions without them getting suspicious or asking for your details etc.

I recently closed my U.S. PayPal account and opened a new Thailand PayPal account. It was easy to do just following the steps on their site.

I got my address verified by entering my American Express card and waiting a couple of days for the four-digit PayPal code to show up on my online statement. This can be used to fund the account. I was also able to add my Bangkok Bank Be1st debit card (use the small four-digit number on the lower front of the card as the CV number) without any problems. I believe this may also be used to fund the account from my bank but I haven't tried this yet.

Finally, adding my Thai bank account was easy -- enter the account name and number on one page and select the name of the bank from the drop-down box: these are in Thai only but on the next page it will ask you to confirm the name in English (you can hit the back button on your browser if you choose wrong). Luckily, Bangkok Bank was the first selection so I didn't have to do a lot of trial-and-error. While you can't fund the account from this bank (you can only fund from a U.S. bank account), you can withdraw funds from PayPal into it and then use the debit card to receive the cash at any ATM (USD $1 per transaction).

I then created a new Thai-based eBay account using the same methods and linked to the PayPal account.

Edited by mjochim

Couple of other things that business readers may be interested in

1. You cannot open a Paypal Pro account in Thailand, which means that many of your customers will be forced to open a paypal account to do business with you.

2. You can only link a Baht account to a "Thai" paypal account. This means that unless your customers pay in Baht, you will get stung by the exchange conversion. Example, If you were holding Euros in Paypal, you cannot draw these down into a Euro Account in Thailand. This sucks for any E-commerce operation needing to remit funds to Thailand, as you get smacked by the fees AND the conversion.

Overall however, Paypal is the best of a bad bunch