Police

rafval

there some truth in that, but I if we follow that argument thru we could say that rape victims should handing themselves in for aiding and abetting too

On the risk of being slaughtered here, and this is not a generalization - considering circumstances - some rape victims could have avoided that messy experience by switching on the brain. Which doesn't exonerate the rapist, to be clear.

yeah, thats right, but Im sure you wouldnt take him as a bum, the guy presents himself very well, you think it easy to get a job as a teacher with no passport or qualifications?

In my years here i have know more than a few bums and conmen, and yes, some are well dressed, and it is not too difficult to get a job as a teacher here without qualifications (or Khaosarn Road qualifications) and passport. There are more than a few dubious schools around who take almost anyone for little pay as long as there is a shirt and a tie.

For a scam you need two - the one who does it, and the one who allows himself to be scammed. You get conned - lesson learned, move on.

there some truth in that, but I if we follow that argument thru we could say that rape victims should handing themselves in for aiding and abetting too

To rape people, people use violence and force. Were you raped?

On the risk of being slaughtered here, and this is not a generalization - considering circumstances - some rape victims could have avoided that messy experience by switching on the brain. Which doesn't exonerate the rapist, to be clear.

by the same token it doesnt exonerate the thief either

by the same token it doesnt exonerate the thief either

No, it doesn't. But as he hasn't taken advantage of your sexuality (for all i know :o ), i would suggest to just move on. You lost a camera, ain't the end of the world, and learned the lesson not to be too trusting the next time around.

yeah, thats right, but Im sure you wouldnt take him as a bum, the guy presents himself very well, you think it easy to get a job as a teacher with no passport or qualifications?

In my years here i have know more than a few bums and conmen, and yes, some are well dressed, and it is not too difficult to get a job as a teacher here without qualifications (or Khaosarn Road qualifications) and passport. There are more than a few dubious schools around who take almost anyone for little pay as long as there is a shirt and a tie.

For a scam you need two - the one who does it, and the one who allows himself to be scammed. You get conned - lesson learned, move on.

To rape people, people use violence and force. Were you raped?

so theft is fine by you, as long as violence and force isnt used, perhaps thats how you make your living but I dont and I dont like people that think its ok to do so

hel_l and damnation, rafval. What exactly is it you want us to do?

You got shafted. Big deal. Get over it. It sounds like a long time ago, and you're not going to get your money back. We can't influence the police or immigration to do anything about him so, short of establishing the Thaivisa Vigilante Group and having us a good ole lynching (not a bad idea, actually), there's little that can be done.

Move on.

so theft is fine by you, as long as violence and force isnt used, perhaps thats how you make your living but I dont and I dont like people that think its ok to do so

No need to turn cranky here.

I understand that you are a bit sore that you lost your camera. But you brought a stranger into your home in the first place, and not even just out of compassion for his dire financial situation, but because you wanted to make a profit as well. Would you do that back home, or did you just do that because you are in Thailand, and he is a fellow westerner?

Don't give the guy a break he's a criminal. Warn the people in the area about him. At least ask the local businesses and home owners if he has caused them any problems. You don't have to leave him alone he will cause problems again. Thailand really should round up all these homeless farangs. I can't understand why some people say leave him alone. It's too bad that the compassionate people don't help the guy out and get him out of your area. Thailand is loaded with deadbeats or former deadbeats who ruined someone's life along the way. Crack down of these people. Kick them out of Thailand.