Animal Quarantine Office

stefaniaf

i am going to amsterdam and i need to know how to take my cat with me.

what are the papers that i need? how can i contact the animal quarantine office in bangkok? what are the costs involved?

thanks!

The airline is the first point of call. They will give you all the necessary instruction

Good luck

• 1 month later...

I'm officer of animal quarantine at suvarnabhumi airport: Maybe the information below is best for you

1.Paper to use = Health certificate and Export licence from Suvarnabhumi airport animal quarantine station

2.Document to apply =Your passport , Vaccination Certificate of your dog, Lab result for Rabies titer test or Pet passport( Regulation By EU )

3.Bring your dog to contact before your flight 3day at cargo terminal ( Or Free Zone Area)

More information +662-134-0731,+662-1340732

Or contact me directly

Or Visit this Blog ,And find topic about " How to Export dog and cat fromthailand "

http://thaipet.blogspot.com

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
I'm officer of animal quarantine at suvarnabhumi airport: Maybe the information below is best for you

1.Paper to use = Health certificate and Export licence from Suvarnabhumi airport animal quarantine station

2.Document to apply =Your passport , Vaccination Certificate of your dog, Lab result for Rabies titer test or Pet passport( Regulation By EU )

3.Bring your dog to contact before your flight 3day at cargo terminal ( Or Free Zone Area)

Or contact me directly

Or Visit this Blog ,And find topic about " How to Export dog and cat fromthailand "

Hello

I’m Luca from Italy.

I will be in Thailand for work for 2 years (in Amata City)

I would bring with me my pet : it is a ferret (small domestic animal).

Which is the law immigration for this animal?

Can I take my ferret with me?

Which documents are necessary (entry permit)?

Thanks for the answers

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Animal Quarantine Office,

I need to return to the USA in the next 3 weeks to start a new job and want to bring my cat, which I imported from the States 1.5 years ago. I plan to get him his rabies shot tomorrow, but I read that he needs his rabies shot at least 30 days prior to leaving Thailand. Is this an absolute requirement? My cat would not meet this requirement. I would hate to have to choose between losing my cat and losing my new job. Is there anything I can do? I also read that USA does not even reqire the rabies vaccination for cats being imported.

Please respond. I am a bit desparate at this point.

Thanks.

Or contact me directly

I am also bring my cats back to America and I just spoke to the Quarantine Office at Suvarnabhumi. Apparently the rabies vaccination requirement is because they think it is needed to enter America. But I spoke to a CDC representative last week and rabies vaccinations are not required (since rabies is ubiquitous in America). So the very nice woman at the Quarantine Office here in BKK said that if I am sure I don't need the rabies vaccination, then she would issue the Health Certificate and Export License without it.

But I would really prefer to not have to bring my cats to the airport 2 days before I fly, so I am going to call tomorrow to ask if I can bring a health certificate from another vet along with all the other necessary documents and get the export license without bringing my cats to the airport. I'll see what they say, but I am not hopeful about that.

If they say its ok, I'll post again. If anyone has any more info on this matter, please let me know.

Thanks

• 3 years later...

I would like to send a dog I found in Thailand home to my parents in America.

Do I need to be on the flight with him or can I send him on the flight without me? (My volunteer contract is not up for another two months and I would like to send him home now).

If I am not on the flight, how do I send him on the flight without me? (How do I purchase a ticket for him?)

Also, would you confirm that this is everything I need to do in order to send him on the airplane?

1- Get him a rabies vaccination and wait 30 days

2- Take him to the Animal Quarantine Office in Savarnabhumi Airport and receive his Health certificate and Export License

3- While at the airport, apply for his export with my passport , Vaccination Certificate of your dog, Lab result for Rabies titer test or Pet passport

- How do I get him a passport?

4- Take him to the cargo terminal at the airport 3 days before the flight.

- Will he stay there for the 3 days leading up to his flight?

Does this mean I will need to take him to the airport twice? Once for him to receive him health certificate and export license and again 3 days before he flies out?

If someone could clarify this information I would greatly appreciate it!

Or contact me directly

Nattachai59

I really hope you whwere not involved at the Animal quarantine department when we brought our dog in last March 2011, if you where I would really like to know why our dog was sent to the Freight Terminal where it was put into a bare concrete cell with the light left on and no water after a 12 hour flight even though we had done all the correct paperwork and been issued an import permit from your department

My dog was left in this cell while we haggled a price down with some maggot who was working from the freight depot buldings, We managed to get the price down from 35000baht to 14000 and the bandit responsible even came and got papers from your office where my wife spoke to the woman in the office. She basically said that we were lying and they had never issued the papers (I still have an email from your department confirming everything before we left the UK)

The whole system stinks and I would be ashamed to be a part of it, my wife even had to go back airside with the thief and that was easily done by the guard being bribed in plain sight of all his colleagues, all this was done while I stood there with my 18 month old daughter who was tired and crying by this stage

We got the dog home and she is doing really well but I travel a lot and I would really like to bump into the thieving scumbags responsible. To anyone out there planning to do this and bring your pet in it can be done but be prepared because the system has a lot of really big flaws and these people know that a foreigner after a long flight and all that entails can be a bit of a soft touch, by the way that has been the only experience of anything like that in over ten years

• 1 month later...

Anyone know where in the airport the Animal Quarantine Station, Free Zone Area Suvarnabbumi Airport is? Is it part of the passenger arrivals hall, a friend has to pick his pet up there next week, not sure where it is. Thanks

Edited by daveb1