Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

ASEAN NOW

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Americans: Why are Americans becoming crazier, by the year?

Featured Replies

38 minutes ago, temuFarang said:

It must be difficult to cope with yourself.

No problem at all, I simply put them on ignore. Thanks for saving me time. Bye now.

  • Replies 364
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • PhilipHabib
    PhilipHabib

    Well if you're American then you know it's actually very few states you can open carry like in that photo, particularly the blob in the yellow shirt with what looks like a Bullpup rifle. Concealed ca

  • fredwiggy
    fredwiggy

    You haven't been there for decades so know almost nothing about Americans living there besides a few videos. The only way you can judge a population is by living amongst them for years, and actually i

  • GammaGlobulin
    GammaGlobulin

    Naturally, Folks, absolute and increasing CRAZINESS is just what we would expect to see from.... A people led by a CABAL of Law-School-trained nitwits. You see, Folks, in America.... The American P

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

Give it a rest, my god you're damaged. No place is perfect but the US is the still the best considering we have 349 million souls vs Australia at what 27 mil. In 4 yrs with Biden alone over 10 mil crossed our southern border. Considering all that Australia is doing poorly.

Ah, ad hominem argument. The last resort of someone who hasn't got any facts left.

4 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Our debt to GDP ratio is 35%. The USA is 125%

We don't need to train our kids to hide under school desks.

We have sane gun laws.

Our murder rate is one-fifth that of America's.

You have more psychiatrists per capita than we do.

You have higher rates of obesity.

Most of our prescriptions cost $7.50

Student debt is on a contingency basis. Earn less than $69,000 pa, none of it has to be repaid. Maximum debt is about $50,000.

Please tell me what Australians have to envy about Americans.

How many carriers does your claimed superior country have? Equally as important. How many pilots qualified to launch and recover from one?

Enough Navy bias.

Which Australian Air Force fighter pilot can match the late, great triple ACE Robin Olds record? Infamous in Ubon throughout 1967.

You can never compete with Americans.

IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

Edited by HolmesEquivelant

3 minutes ago, HolmesEquivelant said:

How many carriers does your claimed superior country have? Equally as important. How many pilots qualified to launch and recover from one?

Enough Navy bias.

Which Australian Air Force fighter pilot can match the late, great triple ACE Robin Olds record? Infamous in Ubon throughout 1967.

You can never compete with Americans.

IMG_3118.jpeg

IMG_3117.jpeg

I guess you will never understand there is more to the quality of life in a country than how big its military is.

AFAIK the only successful military operation the USA can claim is the extraction of Maduro from Venezuala, which cost the odd billion or two. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran are failed wars.

OTOH, ask the Indonesians how successful they think Australian ground were in preventing the occupation of East Timor.

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess you will never understand there is more to the quality of life in a country than how big its military is.

AFAIK the only successful military operation the USA can claim is the extraction of Maduro from Venezuala, which cost the odd billion or two. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran are failed wars.

OTOH, ask the Indonesians how successful they think Australian ground were in preventing the occupation of East Timor.

So, that was your way of saying you can never compete against the Americans.

Not a very strong justification.

You never did answer how many carriers Australia has or how many submarines have been built in your country’s shipyards

A man of your claimed intelligence and education should be able to rattle those facts off in record time.

Why no reply???

20 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I guess you will never understand there is more to the quality of life in a country than how big its military is.

AFAIK the only successful military operation the USA can claim is the extraction of Maduro from Venezuala, which cost the odd billion or two. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran are failed wars.

OTOH, ask the Indonesians how successful they think Australian ground were in preventing the occupation of East Timor.

Can you post the Australian Carriers equivalent videos?

8 hours ago, Wingate said:

Be careful using "We". That reeks of small man complex. You are a shorty, right? It's kind of rude to valor steal.

Trump was not a successful businessman. He lived off his dad's money his whole life, and failed repeatedly. He was always considered a joke in Manhattan. His dad not only gave him a massive allowance, he co-signed all Donny's loans. Donald even just about missed a loan payment to a Manhattan bank that was collateralized with his Trump Tower apartment. His dad had to walk into one of Donny's NJ casinos and buy $3.2 million in chips, which Donald then used to make the payment in NY.

After his 6 bankruptcies, even his dad's signature wasn't enough to get Donald a loan. He ended up getting money from Russian oligarchs, who worked with Deutsche Bank setting up SIVs (Special Investment Vehicles), which are off balance sheet. Don, Jr even noted that in an interview, saying, "We get all the money we need from Russia".

The very first time Trump became a success is when Mark Burnett guesstimated the intellect of American TV viewers (low) and created the fantasy called The Apprentice.

Despite Trump making money there, plus inheriting $412,000,000 when Fred finally passed, Trump still had a negative net worth. He doesn't need to file statements re P&L on US businesses, but he does on many international ones. His Scottish and Irish golf courses all lose money.

Remember Trump could not even pay the fines assessed against him for his civil and felony convictions.

Only when he retook office and started his massive grifting, has he made money. For example, he made $635 million on his meme coin, while his "investors" lost $3.81 billion, as the coin went from $75 to $1.65. His World Liberty Financial got $500 million from the UAE, and in a quid pro quo the UAE was allowed to buy NVIDIA chip racks, which they subsequently shipped to China. Biden had embargoed those chips from going outside, fearing China would reverse engineer them.

Trump sells pardons, and he sells early access to his market-moving Tweets for $100K a month. Oh, and he got a B747 from Qatar, which he gets to keep once he's out of office. Ostensibly it's for his "library". If you believe that, go ahead and spend your $5000 check Trump is going to give you if Repubs keep the House and Senate.

Listen and weep.

The greatest comeback in American history.

The best part is all you can do is weep. And keep regurgitating your same three posts.

The syndrome does that.

6 hours ago, Lacessit said:

No problem at all, I simply put them on ignore. Thanks for saving me time. Bye now.

You can throw insults, but you struggle to accept them in return.

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

By your own admission, you have never been to China, other than to set foot in a Chinese airport.

Airport food is garbage all over the world.

So, you have never eaten Chinese food in China, yet you insist on expressing your erroneous opinion on the subject.

Not that anyone minds, of course.

Okay. I'll try to explain this so even you might understand, as you act much like another here who thinks they're smarter and know more than others here when they don't.

Many people have a large interest in other countries cultures, so they set about to read, listen and watch books, teachers and movies and documentaries about that country, to learn as much as they can about it. Especially now with the internet, you can learn almost all there is to know about any place on earth before ever setting foot there. The only difference is actually living it, smelling the scents, and seeing the flora and fauna in person. I did this for Thailand also, and when I moved here, everything I read or heard about was true. The only difference was those smells, and seeing the things in person.

This is how I learned so much about fishing and hunting. From those books, videos and other people, so when I went fishing and hunting I would excel at it. I always liked all Asian culture, women and food. I was born in New Jersey, and my parents and brother in Brooklyn. I have relatives all over the NYC area, and I worked and visited there hundreds of times.

That metro area has thousands of Asian restaurants, all of which have Asian natives owning and working there. On an average, I ate Chinese food at least 2 times a month, probably more. Subtracting the times I went as a child with my parents, in 14 years that comes to 336 times.

I would go with friends or a girlfriend to various places and talk to the owners and waiters, who were born in China, especially in a favorite restaurant, The Peking House in New Jersey, who had a 50's waiter named Tony. We would go early many times, and Tony would sit with us and talk all about the things and food in China. I asked them if the food was the same and all of them said yes, we make it exactly the same here as back home, so what we ate was authentic Chinese food.

I did the same thing living in Texas 32 years, which makes eating at those places approximately 768 more times, along with talking to those owners and waiters and waitresses. Some people have passions, and this makes them knowledgeable on those passions. So you see, your thinking doesn't match that of actual Chinese natives, and I think I actually know more Chinese people personally than you do.

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

You talk about making assumptions.

How do you know you know more subjects than I do?

Here's a quick test of how smart you are. What operating system is on your desktop. laptop, or notebook?

I obviously know more about the ones we talked about here, besides those political issues . The others are a guess, seeing you haven't mentioned any of them in all these years, so likely aren't passionate about them. I have Windows 10, version 22H2, whatever you mean by that simple question. I guess you don't realize any question asked can be found immediately online, which is what some do here trying to act like they know about certain things, while there are others who are passionate about those things, and have studied them for years and have knowledge stored, like I do with those subjects I named. It isn't hard to see what a person knows over time, because being passionate about it is different than trying to prove someone wrong by googling. And watch out for those hoop snakes.

Edited by fredwiggy

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

19 and not 14.

I wanted to see the world before university.

Totally logical decision.

Not traumatic in the least.

So you bypassed University to avoid student debt?

You studied in China?

And this is during the Mao era?

Was it a real "skool" or a "re-education camp"?

10 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Guilty as charged. Call it payback for us spending $360 billion on secondhand nuclear submarines.

I keep bashing posters who claim America is the greatest, when facts and evidence say it is not.

Why bash anyone for what they believe in? Americans love America, and think it's great, which it is. It has everything anyone could want in one place, which is why those thousands move there yearly and why the millions stay. It doesn't mean it's a perfect place, as there isn't any of those on earth.

Sweden has almost no hard crimes, although some are increasing a little, but it's freezing there for more than half the year. Still the Swedes love it.

I love Canada, and would visit there every year if I could, but I would never live there, even though it has some of the best fishing and hunting on earth, because it's too cold too long, and black flies are terrible. I like things about Thailand, but it has many terrible things, and will never be home, so we're moving back to America where my daughter will have a better life and I'll be able to enjoy my hobbies again, as they don't exist here besides fishing on private lakes and some rivers.

Australia has a number of problems, and I listed some of them, but Aussies love it there. It's not better than the US or worse but different, and you live where you're comfortable, and ranting about the things that are wrong about America is beating a dead horse, as no Americans are going to do anything but defend it.

You are enjoying things America invented, so why bash it? If you hate Trump, join the club. Do you think Australia's government is perfect? Hardly, as political things have been and always will be screwed up, because power and greed corrupts everywhere.

8 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I guess you will never understand there is more to the quality of life in a country than how big its military is.

AFAIK the only successful military operation the USA can claim is the extraction of Maduro from Venezuala, which cost the odd billion or two. Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and now Iran are failed wars.

OTOH, ask the Indonesians how successful they think Australian ground were in preventing the occupation of East Timor.

You mean Besides World Wars 1 & 2, The Revolutionary War, Mexican-American, Civil War, Korean (as far as South Korea is concerned), Spanish-American and Gulf War right?The others were a military success, but weren't completely successful as we left.

14 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes.

And, Americans are crazy enough to be more likely to believe in Heaven.

Maybe, but some others waste their time believing in nothing, or praying to a man.

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

19 and not 14.

I wanted to see the world before university.

Totally logical decision.

Not traumatic in the least.

I've asked this before. How did you leave at 19? What funding? You said it was wives, so how many and what happened to them? Alone now, so where did you go to school and work after those women paid your way, if they did?

You said you've been gone for decades so that would mean you're 39+ at the least. but mentioned you're old now, so it might be more decades. 49, 59 or more?

If you love China and don't have a Thai woman, why are you here? Did the Chinese not want you there?

You go from wanting to go back to China, to staying here, to New England, and back again, saying you dislike America even though you haven't traveled extensively there and don't know how living there is now. At 19 you didn't know America well either, especially just living in one state in New England, so what you knew then and what you don't know since means you know very little about the country, so why join the bashers?

39 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I obviously know more about the ones we talked about here, besides those political issues . The others are a guess, seeing you haven't mentioned any of them in all these years, so likely aren't passionate about them. I have Windows 10, version 22H2, whatever you mean by that simple question. I guess you don't realize any question asked can be found immediately online, which is what some do here trying to act like they know about certain things, while there are others who are passionate about those things, and have studied them for years and have knowledge stored, like I do with those subjects I named. It isn't hard to see what a person knows over time, because being passionate about it is different than trying to prove someone wrong by googling. And watch out for those hoop snakes.

My last use of Windows was Vista, a bug-ridden abortion of an operating system. I acquired a virus on my desktop so virulent, computer technicians recommended I use the unit as a boat anchor.

Windows is under constant attack by hackers. It is slow to boot up, and requires constant patches.

My Linux Mint OS takes less than 30 seconds to boot up. Hackers don't bother writing malicious code for it, Microsoft and Apple are much juicier targets. I have had various Linux systems on my laptops for 17 years, and have never had to worry about a virus.

Linux is free. It is easy to manage, via the terminal emulator. People have to pay for Windows.

Did you know all that when you bought Windows 10?

27 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

You mean Besides World Wars 1 & 2, The Revolutionary War, Mexican-American, Civil War, Korean (as far as South Korea is concerned), Spanish-American and Gulf War right?The others were a military success, but weren't completely successful as we left.

IMO the US should have stopped after WWII. The evidence is rigid Communist states fail through incompetence. Sclerotic. China's success is due to a hybrid system.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

My last use of Windows was Vista, a bug-ridden abortion of an operating system. I acquired a virus on my desktop so virulent, computer technicians recommended I use the unit as a boat anchor.

Windows is under constant attack by hackers. It is slow to boot up, and requires constant patches.

My Linux Mint OS takes less than 30 seconds to boot up. Hackers don't bother writing malicious code for it, Microsoft and Apple are much juicier targets. I have had various Linux systems on my laptops for 17 years, and have never had to worry about a virus.

Linux is free. It is easy to manage, via the terminal emulator. People have to pay for Windows.

Did you know all that when you bought Windows 10?

I've had Windows since 3.1. I have no need for anything else, and have only had a few viruses, some of which I removed myself. I have a PC and laptop, both Windows 10. I know about Linux but have no need for it as Windows is fine and will stay until I change to 11 when I get a new computer, as this one is over 12 years old.

5 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've had Windows since 3.1. I have no need for anything else, and have only had a few viruses, some of which I removed myself. I have a PC and laptop, both Windows 10. I know about Linux but have no need for it as Windows is fine and will stay until I change to 11 when I get a new computer, as this one is over 12 years old.

He acts as though he's a genius just because he runs Linux. It’s a classic case of misplaced confidence.

  • Author
1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Okay. I'll try to explain this so even you might understand, as you act much like another here who thinks they're smarter and know more than others here when they don't.

What's wrong with that?

The only thing, I guess, that might be "wrong" with that is that ...

Being me, as I am....

IT'S LONELY AT THE TOP.....for sure....

Everybody knows my name.

But this is just a CRAZY game....

9 minutes ago, temuFarang said:

He acts as though he's a genius just because he runs Linux. It’s a classic case of misplaced confidence.

I know Linux is safer but as long as you have Windows firewall and Defender and stay away from certain sites you're not going to have much trouble. I know there's some security issues with Windows and with 10 I'll only have updates until this update ends but changing to 11 isn't something I need now. I also have Adblocker for Firefox which eliminates millions of annoying not needed ads. When I get another computer when we move back to Texas I'll get it with 11 installed and still have this PC for my daughter to use, along with my laptop as an extra.

  • Author
59 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

So you bypassed University to avoid student debt?

I didn't think The University of Pennsylvania and McGill University were in China.

And, I learned I was correct when I arrived there.

I incurred some debt while there, but not too much.

Mao is a big faker.

People who are big fakers spend all their time building statues of themselves.

He also used a spittoon; a very low class individual.

When Mao died, the Chinese people wept and rent their clothes in the streets.

They were completely fooled by the fool.

We are still in the Commy Era, however.

China is still great, nevertheless.

And, by comparison, Americans are still crazy, and becoming crazier.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

  • Author
16 minutes ago, temuFarang said:

He acts as though he's a genius just because he runs Linux. It’s a classic case of misplaced confidence.

Yes, but I am a very happy genius, unlike some increasingly frustrated geniuses running Windows and MacOS, even though even Apple is running its devices on their own WARPED verysion of Liniux/Unix/Etc

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I know Linux is safer but as long as you have Windows firewall and Defender and stay away from certain sites you're not going to have much trouble. I know there's some security issues with Windows and with 10 I'll only have updates until this update ends but changing to 11 isn't something I need now. I also have Adblocker for Firefox which eliminates millions of annoying not needed ads. When I get another computer when we move back to Texas I'll get it with 11 installed and still have this PC for my daughter to use, along with my laptop as an extra.

You should be runnin’ Linux and strivin’ to become a 1337 h4x0r like the OP. 😎💻

  • Author
4 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I know Linux is safer but as long as you have Windows firewall and Defender and stay away from certain sites you're not going to have much trouble.

FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

Windows, these days, is nothing but trouble, and in so many ways.

You continue to see through the glass darkly, and your interpretations of reality have become warped, as a result.

Some people love to fool themselves.

But, things will certainly change for you when you get to Heaven and find out the truth.

You are living in the Land of Oz, figuratively of course.

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Yes, but I am a very happy genius, unlike some increasingly frustrated geniuses running Windows and MacOS, even though even Apple is running its devices on their own WARPED verysion of Liniux/Unix/Etc

HOW DARE U?! macOS has BSD roots, n00b — NOT Linux. Get ur facts straight. >:P

  • Author
4 minutes ago, temuFarang said:

You should be runnin’ Linux and strivin’ to become a 1337 h4x0r like the OP. 😎💻

I dream in hexadecimal, and this is true.

3 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

FALSE

FALSE

FALSE

Windows, these days, is nothing but trouble, and in so many ways.

You continue to see through the glass darkly, and your interpretations of reality have become warped, as a result.

Some people love to fool themselves.

But, things will certainly change for you when you get to Heaven and find out the truth.

You are living in the Land of Oz, figuratively of course.

TRUE TRUE TRUE Millions use Windows with little problems, and Linux isn't working for gaming. You continue to assume how others think, which is not the behavior of a genius but a clueless nomad. You are the one who's been living in La La Land, while others like myself have actual relationships, have raised children, accomplished many things, and actually have stored knowledge from decades of research, along with interpersonal relationships with other like minds.

21 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I've had Windows since 3.1. I have no need for anything else, and have only had a few viruses, some of which I removed myself. I have a PC and laptop, both Windows 10. I know about Linux but have no need for it as Windows is fine and will stay until I change to 11 when I get a new computer, as this one is over 12 years old.

You have had viruses. I have not.

You pay for Windows. I don't pay for Linux.

Windows harvests all kind of data about you. It spies on you. Linux does not.

You claim you are smarter than me. Quod non erat demonstrandum.

28 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

People who are big fakers spend all their time building statues of themselves.

Sounds like someone we know.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.