Nationwide BS Again

I know that there have been a lot of posts in the past. This is just an update on the exchange rate.

I looked at Bangkok Bank TT rate yesterday..it was last quoted at 69.35. Though ok I will get 10000 baht today from ATM and did. Looking at what my bank account (on internet) showed, they set aside £144.23, which comes to an exchange rate of 69.33.

This mornings BB TT rate shows 69.09. Looks like Nationwide gives yesterdays rates. Maybe some of you were aware of that but I wasn't.

Does anyone know daily card limit. Is it £200/£250/£500?

Depending on what time you go to the ATM dictates what rate you get. Remember that we have a 6 hour time difference here in Thailand. Dont know exactly when they adjust rate but presume after work begins at 9.00 am GMT which equates to 3.00 pm here. Personally the differenc of 50 pence would not trouble me. I also have a limit of 300 pounds a day limit. Also remember that Nationwide DONT charge for taking money out so I would presume they would try to recoup some of that by giving a decreased exchange rate. Dont forget, Banks are there to make money! YOUR MONEY! :o

I believe 300 pounds is the standard Atm limit,unless otherwise prearranged

I asked for a higher daily withdrawal limit a while back and was told that it was not possible. I mentioned my other bank allowed £500 per day but was told it's not possible to uplift this amount with nationwide.

Stop worrying about peanuts !

Naka.

It's all money naka, maybe your parents left you a pile and you're slowly drinking and whoring your way through it but anyway your attitude is both politically and morally incorrect and leads to many ex-pats having to 'go back home' and start again - piersbeckett

I suspect the Rate from nationwide is the best you could ever get . Don't knock it. There's absolutely no Charge. Saves me a fortune when compared to using my other Bank Card.

As for the Limit, We have a joint account, 2 cards which allows us the equivalent of £300 each .

Another way around the Limit for single folks is to try and set up another account when your Back in UK.

Is this an observation about the rate they use or a complaint? Seems like yesterday's rate was the better rate. If they used 69.09 it would have cost £144.74 instead of 144.23. At 69.35 it would have been £144.20.

It was an observation...for anyone who was interested. It appears that Nationwide work on the previous days rate until they open in the UK. Its the cheapest way to get money to Thailand. Its just that I brought Baht 4 million+ here in Feb at 69.25 so when I need money if above that rate I will take it from NW.

Naka.

It's all money naka, maybe your parents left you a pile and you're slowly drinking and whoring your way through it but anyway your attitude is both politically and morally incorrect and leads to many ex-pats having to 'go back home' and start again - piersbeckett

If someone has to go home because they're broke then it was

not because they got an exchange rate of 69.09 instead of 69.35 :o

Did not get left a brass razoo, made my own, and now slowly drinking and whoring your way through it :D

Naka.

• 5 weeks later...

Naka.

If someone has to go home because they're broke then it was

not because they got an exchange rate of 69.09 instead of 69.35 :o

Did not get left a brass razoo, made my own, and now slowly drinking and whoring your way through it :D

Naka.

Are you guys saying that your getting a 68-69 exchange rate when withdrawing using your nationwide card in thailand?. I thought it would be quite a bit lower than this, i was suspecting around 64.

Please enlighten me as I have two flexaccounts here in the UK

Nationwide appear to use a live rate that changes from minute to minute. I've withdrawn 10,000bt and 5000bt amounts within seconds of each other from a CNX ATM and the rate was slightly different for each withdrawal.

thanks for the info. Very useful to know.

I believe 300 pounds is the standard Atm limit,unless otherwise prearranged

I asked for a higher daily withdrawal limit a while back and was told that it was not possible. I mentioned my other bank allowed £500 per day but was told it's not possible to uplift this amount with nationwide.

If you made such an arrangement it would be a 'one off' open more accounts I have 4.

I am changing the topic title from "Nationwide BS Again" to the new title "Nationwide ATM withdrawal".

The OP got a better exchange rate from Nationwide than he had expected and it is not only irresponsible to call this BS, which I take to mean bullshit, but also defamatory and therefore against forum rules.

--

Maestro

Thank you, Endure. Learnt something new. Guess I have seen too often BS to mean bullshit on ThaiVisa (except when a poster makes an effort to be “politically correct” and writes “bovine excrements” :D )

My apologies to the OP for my misunderstanding :o

--

Maestro

The Nationwide card is a great product for UK travellers and Expats drawing cash. It's good to see independent confirmation that it gets the on-shore rate in Thailand.

One thing I would say is that the account itself has some funnies on interest, which I don't like, so I personally tend to transfer in cash a week or so before I travel.

Shame on the last part otherwise it would be a good all round product (and I could reduce the number of accounts I have!)