Portable Elcb In Thailand?

Black and Decker PowerBreaker or something similar?

Never seen them in Thailand (and I doubt the locals would have the remotest idea what it was for), probably best to bring one with you and use suitable adaptors to plug it in :o

Yes that sounds like it, but unfortunately i am here already and living in a rural area for work.

After reading your very informative wiring page I had a quick look on the web for ELCB (my house electrical 'board' consists of a large lever switch and ceramic mushroom type arrangement) and saw that plug-in devices are recommended in health and safety manuals for aquaria setups and portable devices in industry etc so I just wondered if they were available here.

My landlord is as tight as the proverbial and if i can find a way to make my house safe without adding any more value to his property (I already spent a fair bit making it secure, leak free and generally liveable) I will give it a try. moving isn't really an option at the moment as everything here is the same. So portable ELCBs sounded good to me as they go with me when i leave.

I have seen Volex plugs and adaptors in an online brochure which look like they would do the job and I have contacted their subsidiary in Bangkok but no reply yet.

I have seen Volex plugs and adaptors in an online brochure which look like they would do the job and I have contacted their subsidiary in Bangkok but no reply yet.

Actually, the PowerBreaker is a badge-engineered Volex :o

You may score with the Malaysian branches of the companies. I've got a couple of mates down there, I'll see if the devices are available. Obviously they'll have UK style plugs but adaptors are readliy available in Thailand.

Let me know if your mates can supply or recommend a dealer for the devices, it would be greatly appreciated.

Had a look at the Schneider electric website but couldnt find plug-in devices. They do have a lot of other good stuff; the tackle for remote control of your home electrics was particularly appealing... maybe one day!