Ip Address Help

Boater

Hi

I have signed up to watch ITV ( UK ) channel 4 ( UK ) and i have user name for the new i Beeb service ( All the bbc channels LIVE and also backdated for 7 days )

Now the problem is that it states my IP address is outside the UK and i cannot watch

I had the same promeblem before for BBC Radio 1, but some way it works now

Can any advise please?

Thanks

Hi

I have signed up to watch ITV ( UK ) channel 4 ( UK ) and i have user name for the new i Beeb service ( All the bbc channels LIVE and also backdated for 7 days )

Now the problem is that it states my IP address is outside the UK and i cannot watch

Can any advise please?

Thanks

After spending 2 seconds looking on google, I came up with this;

"We do not hold international rights to all of our programming so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in Britain may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider uses servers outside the UK."

Below is a link to the site.

http://www.itv.com/Help/itvplayervideohelp/videofaqs/#13

Hi

Can any advise please?

Thanks

"We do not hold international rights to all of our programming so video content is supplied only to users with IP addresses in the UK. Some users in Britain may be affected by such geographic blocking if their internet service provider uses servers outside the UK."

thanks, i had seen the same thing, but is there away for the server to think your IP address is coming from the UK? when in fact you are in thailand?

Hi

Can any advise please?

Thanks

thanks, i had seen the same thing, but is there away for the server to think your IP address is coming from the UK? when in fact you are in thailand?

the beeb will block you if you try to cover your location even if you were in the UK they would block you if you dont have a real IP

I've been trying for some time to listen to football on Radio 5 live - you used to be able to use a proxy server but for the last two years I have been unable to find any way to convince the Beeb that I am in the UK.

For TV there used to be a HK service that streamed certain TV stations. Chargeable but at a very reasonable rate. However I've not found it recently nor am I interested as I only want the radio.

This is not the P2P services that I find do not work.

Hi

Can any advise please?

Thanks

Streamed TV would have a pretty poor picture anyway, particularly on the bandwidths available in Thailand.

Have a look at UK Nova (don't have the address as I am not on my regular computer). You can download very recent UK TV from there, though it's not always easy to get access as they restrict the number of members. Their site will also let you know what you need for the downloads, i.e. torrent software.