What Do I Do Now?

I had a three-month 'O' visa from KL in May. Due to produce the 400k baht for the one-year extension about now. Unfortunately my wife spent the money on a house in Chaiyaphum, so I was in dead shtuck.

As I travel fairly frequently on business, I got a one-year multi-entry 'O' visa in Singapore last month. Apart from problems in Immigration coming back (I should have used the old, still-valid, visa - not my brand new shiny one-year thingy) I see no problems for a year.

But do I have to report every 90 days with this visa? Or is that only with the one-year extensions that I shall apply for next July? I will be going out of Kingdom in most months this year, for a few days, same next year. I may not be in-kingdom therefore at the 90-day point. Is this a problem?

With this visa you will only be allowed to stay for a period of 90 days so you will never have to file address report TM.47. When you get the money saved to extend and exceed 90 days in-country you will have to report - but if you travel every month or two you may never have to bother with them as time outside Thailand does not count so the 90 days starts again each time you submit TM.6 arrival card.

As you have the multi-entry visa you should have no problems going in and out of the country.

Each time you enter you will get 90 days.

Just make sure you leave on or before the end of the 90 days.

A simple out and in across a land border will be sufficient.

No reporting will be necessary as you will leave before the 90 day limit.

When you have accumulated the money in the bank again you can apply for the one year extension. As you multi-entry visa is valid for one year, you have until then to organise the money.

Edited by astral

Then she will need to buy a truck and then some furnishing's for the new house

and then....... Good luck to you , im in the same boat

Me too - nice boat, though. My g/f has just bought a rai adjacent to her family's home in Nong Bua Daeng, near Chaiyaphum. Next will be the house, then the truck, then.... :o

Only one RDN ? Rai are like potato chips you cant have just one . Soon you will need that truck to look over all ..AHEM..Your rai.

I must say it is so good to come to this forum and find that im not rowing alone .

well , maybe alone but good to see that there are alot of other boats that look just like mine on the water.

Only one RDN ? Rai are like potato chips you cant have just one . Soon you will need that truck to look over all ..AHEM..Your rai.

I must say it is so good to come to this forum and find that im not rowing alone .

well , maybe alone but good to see that there are alot of other boats that look just like mine on the water.

:D:D:wub: There is a little background story to this land: it was half of the plot of land originally owned by the family, and was sold by her grandfather when money became tight. Now she has the chance of buying it back because the woman who bought it has money problems of her own. Anyway, that's what I was told :o

If only we farangs could own land.... I'd certainly have 4 penneth. (I wonder what non-Brits make of that :D:D )

Edited by RDN

I have a non immigrant O, with a multiple entery permit. When I Iextended my non immigrant O, and paid for multiple entery permit, Thai Immigration said I would have to report every ninty days unless I left the country. If I don't leave within the 90 days, just have to go to Immigration and file form. Once I leave Thailand the 90 days period starts again.