How Do You Feel When You Leave Thailand?

Juzrelax

I was just wondering the general feeling people have when they leave Thailand. I just arrived back in Aus today and I miss Thailand already, the wise choice is not always the one that makes you feel good!

I did have a chat to a fellow at the airport and he felt worse than I did.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back just over a week ago to the UK. So many miserable looking people. Went food shopping - nearly fell over at the cost. Discover beer now £2.70 a pint minimum. Gas leak at the house so chaos for 3 days with the men digging holes on my path and in the road outside.

Hardly a smile in sight :D

Gimme some happy pills PLEASE Doc !!

Thank **** I am going back to Thailand in a little over 4 weeks.

That answer the question? :o

untill retirement - there is not much choice for the majority. Work anywhere else, wherever work is - and come to thailand for, longer or shorter, holidays.

internet sweetens being away from thailand - voip phonecalls including life pictures, emails, discussion forums.

if only airfare was cheaper I would go just for week visits much more often than I do - each time bringing with me lovely thai foods

Edited by londonthai

I usually feel pretty good when I leave. When waking up first there's the good bye fvk with

Mrs Meom who always gives it her best effort. Once that's finished it's beer time until we go to the airport. After check in we have a couple of beers more, than a good bye wave and I'm on my way to passport control. Once that's finished it's time to have a few more beers until the plane departs.

In the air I normally switch to whisky until it's time to land. All in all it's ok.

The next day back at work I usually don't feel to good though and need about 2-3 weeks to recover after which the countdown to the next leave starts.

I usually feel pretty good when I leave. When waking up first there's the good bye fvk with

Mrs Meom who always gives it her best effort. Once that's finished it's beer time until we go to the airport. After check in we have a couple of beers more, than a good bye wave and I'm on my way to passport control. Once that's finished it's time to have a few more beers until the plane departs.

In the air I normally switch to whisky until it's time to land. All in all it's ok.

The next day back at work I usually don't feel to good though and need about 2-3 weeks to recover after which the countdown to the next leave starts.

this is pretty much spot on for me too.........

........except the goodbye <deleted> with mrs meom. :o

I also try to stick to a strict alcohol & sex regiment before leaving.

Do you pay excess for your liver?

My liver is ok. When at work i don't drink (alcohol) for about 2 months so the liquid holidays I have are actually good for the liver.

I'm always surprised how quick the body adapts. When I go on holiday I can drink about 3-4 pints and when I get back 12-15 no problem :o

..same same... :D

but without mrs meom.... :D

Despite the 2 hour flight (yea I know :o), I still end up in tears that begin the night before I've got to leave and doesn't really stop until after the 2nd week I'm home. Right now, besides wallowing in misery, self-pity and bottles of whiskey, I'm pretty much inert. So yea, definitely it's the prospect of returning again that stops the madness from completely overwhelming me. =x

I always regret having to leave Thailand. It's easier now that my wife and I are both back in Sydney (previously I was working in Sydney or the UK with extended stays in Thailand in between). If I could find a way to stay there full time and earn a living I would but as that is not realistic for my profession we can only dream of the time when we can retire in Isaan in 10-15 years.

We are currently preparing to apply for a permanent resident visa for my wife which means she cannot leave Australia while it is processed (approx. 2 years). It's going to be hard not being able to head back to Thailand in that time but its all for a good cause.

I used to come to Thailand every 3-4 months for two weeks at a time, for business. I felt gutted every time I had to return to the UK

I remember most though the warm excited feeling of just arriving in Thailand and the taxi ride from Don Meuang to Sukhumvit.

I now live near Don Meuang, and I still get the same feeling when I pass the old airport.

Im happy to see that Im not the only one that feels shithouse to leave. At least I know that there are many others in the same boat.

Work permitting Im thinking about heading back in March. It will be good to start the new job soon though.

From there I can pull out the calendar and begin the countdown all over again. At least it gives you something to look forward too.

I go home (Canada) for 6 to 10 weeks annually with my wife, I have great family and there are lots of things I enjoy in Canada so I feel fine after the jet lag wears off.

I also feel good when it is time to come back. I travel a lot; I seem to have many homes and I am always on my way back to one of them.

I am flying back to Canada in four days, a little later than usual - my wife will get her first experience with snow, should be fun. Maybe we will try my brothers nitro-boosted snowmobile, that ought to make an impression eh?

Edited by canuckamuck