Golf In Chiang Mai

svenivan

Hi guys,

We are 4 guys from CR that will come for 4 days to play golf. Done it before and played many good courses.

We have Highlands, Mae Jo and Royal Chiang Mai on the agenda but we want one more.

Green Valley or what do you suggest. We are 9-15 hcp´rs.

(I have tried to search the forum but not easy. Search for "golf" and you got 200 topics and noone about golf. Try "golf in Chiang Mai" and then you got an error. )

Thanks in advance!

:o:D:D

Hi guys,

We are 4 guys from CR that will come for 4 days to play golf. Done it before and played many good courses.

We have Highlands, Mae Jo and Royal Chiang Mai on the agenda but we want one more.

(I have tried to search the forum but not easy. Search for "golf" and you got 200 topics and noone about golf. Try "golf in Chiang Mai" and then you got an error. )

Thanks in advance!

chiang mai/lamphun golf club...it is near the highlands twords san kampaeng and is probably as good as the others yyou have mentioned

Go a little further to Gassan Khutan....best course I have ever seen in Thailand...Championship quality and because its another 3/4 hour drive its always empty....last time I played (3 weeks ago) my Son and I were the ONLY people playing...played 2 months before and still..only people playing......must be 100 staff...how they keep going is a mystery...but a real challenging course, wonderful scenery and super greens.

Go a little further to Gassan Khutan....best course I have ever seen in Thailand...Championship quality and because its another 3/4 hour drive its always empty....last time I played (3 weeks ago) my Son and I were the ONLY people playing...played 2 months before and still..only people playing......must be 100 staff...how they keep going is a mystery...but a real challenging course, wonderful scenery and super greens.

How much was the green fee ... i have heard it is quite expensive at baht 2500 or so

Thanks

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

Try ''www.thaigolfer.com''

All thai courses are listed there with recent comments from players so you know what to expect (even if some comments might seem a little biased ... if you see what i mean !)

Thanks for your input.

Yes, I have been to Thaigolfer.com and read what people have said about the courses. But most posts there are quite old.

Here are some of them.

Gassan Lake City : This is the worst Golf Course I have ever seen in Thailand. Design & Maintanace are all terrible.

Chiang Mai-Lamphun: Due to arrival of many new golf courses in Chiangmai (not always a guarantee of quality, though), this one needs desperately to shape up or it will close soon ... no improvement has been made in the last 10 years and the fairways are either hard or soogy (no sand at all)... the greens seem to be in constant 'topsoil' stage. Worst of all is the continuous noise (any day you play) made by either bikes, lawn movers, trucks, etc... (all without exhaust pipe, so it seems) and the 'sanuck' side of playing this course is totally lost. To add salt to the injury, the management of the restaurant is taken over by the hotel so i am afraid we will have to cope with standard food at high price and miss all the delicatessen cooked by khun 'pan' and his team. If you are not a member there the cost of playing is way above reason ... if you are a member you never stop wondering at what this course could be with a proper management & superintendent. The property and environment is wonderful and too bad the golf is not enjoyable.

Green Valley:

a) Couldn't fault it really. Superb fairways (at the moment anyway) ball sits up asking to be hit! Nice greens with fair speed. Pleasant layout & very competent caddy. Be back soon!

:o be careful when you look at the rating. The course is not in such a good condition. I wonder who is influence the rating.

c) we were a little disappointed. lots of slow play (5 balls) overrated!

Gassan Khuntan seem to be interesting. 15 holes with waterand with 3 islandgreens!!! How many golfballs did you lose TP?

I have played Chiang Mai-Lampun 3-4 years ago and it was very good then. Maybe not so good today.

We played Royal, Mae Jo and Highlands in July and we found them all to be in top. So maybe we choose to play one of them two times. In July we played Mae Mo in Lampang on our way to Chiang Mai. And that is also a very good golfcourse.

I will check here later for more input if someone has any.

Thanks!

:D:D:D

I lost LOADS of Golf Balls at Gassan Khutan...but I did hit one in the water that must have hit a fish as it bounced right out and landed on the green!!!. Or was it "The Lady of the Lake" feeling sorry for me?

Green fees are not that expnsive if you know the right people, I have a mate who owns a golf travel company and he gets me a good rate, a lot less than quoted o this thread and included caddie and buggy hire.

Now my mate would only do this for his mates, but if you really want to play there pm me with the date and I will see what the best rate he can do for you would be.

TP

I lost LOADS of Golf Balls at Gassan Khutan...but I did hit one in the water that must have hit a fish as it bounced right out and landed on the green!!!. Or was it "The Lady of the Lake" feeling sorry for me?

Green fees are not that expnsive if you know the right people, I have a mate who owns a golf travel company and he gets me a good rate, a lot less than quoted o this thread and included caddie and buggy hire.

Now my mate would only do this for his mates, but if you really want to play there pm me with the date and I will see what the best rate he can do for you would be.

TP

I AM INTERESTED TO PLAY ON MONDAY 29 OCTOBER IN THE AFTERNOON (about 1 pm) ... can you get me in for a good rate ... I'll be on my way to lampang ....

Cheers

Edited by Seneque