Broadest Range Of Printer Papers

Dustoff

Specifically seeking parchment for things like diplomas but also looking for other styles including pre-perforated biz card stock.

Where to look?

Ground floor in Pantip Plaza (CM). Forget the name of it, it's on your far right hand side when entering from the front (Changklan Rd) Right next to a set of escalators...Very good range.. Might be office depot or something like that.

Specifically seeking parchment for things like diplomas but also looking for other styles including pre-perforated biz card stock.

Where to look?

IT City in KSK has a HUGE assortment of printer paper. These days thats about ALL they have... Most of the shelves are almost bare. I remember when it first opened and I did a shoot and interview for 'Welcome Chiangmai and Chiangrai' and was so pleased that finally we had a one-stop computer store with EVERYTHING! Not no mo... :o

One the other hand, it was the ONLY shop in the city that carries telephone sim card readers... Nice to be able to edit a sim card without trying to find the right buttons. But back to paper.... They have it all, although I don't remember seeing parchment. You might have to buy that from the stationary shop in Central or the stationary/bookshop near the Irish Pub and cut it down to size. I have some Strathmore 8 1/2x11 but nothing in A4 size.

Where to look?

IT City in KSK has a HUGE assortment of printer paper. These days thats about ALL they have... Most of the shelves are almost bare. I remember when it first opened and I did a shoot and interview for 'Welcome Chiangmai and Chiangrai' and was so pleased that finally we had a one-stop computer store with EVERYTHING! Not no mo... :o

One the other hand, it was the ONLY shop in the city that carries telephone sim card readers... Nice to be able to edit a sim card without trying to find the right buttons. But back to paper.... They have it all, although I don't remember seeing parchment. You might have to buy that from the stationary shop in Central or the stationary/bookshop near the Irish Pub and cut it down to size. I have some Strathmore 8 1/2x11 but nothing in A4 size.

FolkGuitar... Do you mind if I ask where you got the Strathmore? HML367

Edited by hml367

Where to look?

FolkGuitar... Do you mind if I ask where you got the Strathmore? HML367

No, I don't mind at all!

Oh, wait... you want me to TELL you.... Well, truth be told, I've been lugging this stuff, along with a few matching envelopes around with me for the past 17 years. When I first left the US I thought I might need to make a new CV or send off some important letter so I brought a package with me. Having done post grad studies in HRM, I 'knew' the value of the letter 'looking impressive.' More the fool, me....

At the time I was completely ignorant of the concept of A4-B5 etc., sizes, and was surprised a few years latter to find that my 8 1/2 x 11 paper wouldn't fit into local Asian envelopes! In Japan I was also surprised to learn that the quality of the paper was completely ignored in formal letters. Surprised me, especially as Japan is so well known for its 'washi,' (paper!) When I went to begin Ph.D studies I needed letters of recommendation, so I asked several of the Deans of the University where I was teaching. They all wrote beautiful letters, praising me until I blushed reading them, and wrote them on some of the crappiest paper ever made. It went the gamut from toilet paper to wax paper. :D

I still have about 50 sheets of the Strathmore left. If either of you want some, just pm me and we'll figure out a way for you to pick it up.

Where to look?

B2S in Central often has an excellent range - sometimes a bit low around student exam time. DK Books on the moat also good, only they don't stock up often enough - if you are lucky and come after a buying spree, great.... otherwise not. Downstairs from Suriwong they have a good stationary shop on the basement/carpark level that carries a reasonable range. Also a great, quirky Thai shop on the moat (LH side) close to the Sri Phum corner and before the Chiang Phuak gate if you are driving up towards Doi Suthep (sorry but 4 years in Chiang Mai and the N,S,E,W thing still eludes me!) Macro also stockes a very good range.

Where to look?

B2S in Central often has an excellent range - sometimes a bit low around student exam time. DK Books on the moat also good, only they don't stock up often enough - if you are lucky and come after a buying spree, great.... otherwise not. Downstairs from Suriwong they have a good stationary shop on the basement/carpark level that carries a reasonable range. Also a great, quirky Thai shop on the moat (LH side) close to the Sri Phum corner and before the Chiang Phuak gate if you are driving up towards Doi Suthep (sorry but 4 years in Chiang Mai and the N,S,E,W thing still eludes me!) Macro also stockes a very good range.

Um.... Suriwong's basement shop has closed a few months ago.... Now everything is upstairs, and not a lot of it any more.