How To Copy Vcd To Computer?

ChiangMaiThai

How do I copy a VCD to my hard drive? If I just copy and paste I end up with 6 folders or something, none of which play the movie. If I use Clone CD, there's 3 folders, none of which play the movie. I can use Clone CD to copy to another disk, but I want to copy to hard drive. Any ideas?

in one of the folders mpegav or segment there is a file with a .dat extension( there can be more than one...the largest will be the movie).

that dat file can be played with your media player. I think it is really just an mpeg file , you could try renaming the extension.

all the other folders are for the vcd player.

:o

Not sure what the problem is here, but ...

If you just want to copy from the CD or DVD drive

to the hard drive, jsut go to Windows Explorer.

You should see the CD/DVD drive letter as well

as the hard drive (likely dirve C:\).

Select the CD drive and drag part or all of the

contents to the C drive.

Playing might be a harder problem.

I had to download a Divx plugin for Windows Media

Player to see my DVDs.

in one of the folders mpegav or segment there is a file with a .dat extension( there can be more than one...the largest will be the movie).

Once you have located this .dat extension you can simply copy it to a folder of your choice on your hard drive..........when you come to play it you may get a window saying unable to open.......click on "open with" and in the next window click on "select program from a list" select your chosen player from this list ..................... (windows xp)

Playing might be a harder problem.

I had to download a Divx plugin for Windows Media

Player to see my DVDs.

An aside..........if you ever have a downloaded movie you cant play, you can download a program (freeware) called GSpot that/ll tell you what audio/video codecs are needed to play the file.........you can then simply download the relevant codec to play the file.