Learning Thai- Thai Learning English

idahospud

This question I am sure has been posted before.

I am looking at going to a school to speak Thai I have set aside about 1 month to get this started.

I have a Thai girl friend That would like to learn to speak english.

She speaks some english I speak little thai. We are trying to teach each other but I would like to go to a place that she can be instructed by someone other than my self and same for me. Can someone give me a little advice or point me to the forem We are very flexible as far as time and less money would be great.

Regularly :o

I am looking at going to a school to speak Thai I have set aside about 1 month to get this started.

A whole month? Ahh just to get started that's better.

She speaks some english I speak little thai. We are trying to teach each other but I would like to go to a place that she can be instructed by someone other than my self and same for me. Can someone give me a little advice or point me to the forem We are very flexible as far as time and less money would be great.

For her to get English lessons there are literally dozens of schools in CM that will do that. Depending on where she goes and the quality of the instruction she will pay from nothing (several Royal projects) to 1,000 Baht per term.

For you to learn Thai it is more restrictive and expensive. There are several schools that have regular classes and use qualified teachers ie University graduates and good English skills. They are priced at the Farung end of the market so expect 2,000 - 6,000 baht per term which can be as short as 5 weeks. Aside from that there are the "guest house schools" that offer "home style" Thai - some are good and others almost useless. I would suggest that they are much better use when you have some half way decent language skills and want to learn Thai as it is spoken in the market, street, and home. However you will benefit most by taking formal lessons to create a structure. The other thing that will help is for you to only speak Thai at home. Most westerners are lazier that their Thai partner when it comes to learning a language. I have seen this regularly - both decide to learn and then within weeks he gives up and she learns English.

Good luck and you may want to wander over to the Thai Language forum and say Sawad dee krap there

CB

Regularly :o

A whole month? Ahh just to get started that's better.

For her to get English lessons there are literally dozens of schools in CM that will do that. Depending on where she goes and the quality of the instruction she will pay from nothing (several Royal projects) to 1,000 Baht per term.

For you to learn Thai it is more restrictive and expensive. There are several schools that have regular classes and use qualified teachers ie University graduates and good English skills. They are priced at the Farung end of the market so expect 2,000 - 6,000 baht per term which can be as short as 5 weeks. Aside from that there are the "guest house schools" that offer "home style" Thai - some are good and others almost useless. I would suggest that they are much better use when you have some half way decent language skills and want to learn Thai as it is spoken in the market, street, and home. However you will benefit most by taking formal lessons to create a structure. The other thing that will help is for you to only speak Thai at home. Most westerners are lazier that their Thai partner when it comes to learning a language. I have seen this regularly - both decide to learn and then within weeks he gives up and she learns English.

Good luck and you may want to wander over to the Thai Language forum and say Sawad dee krap there

CB