800k Letter?

I want to extend non imm O visa on retirement basis and have everything right except the bank letter. I cannot show the 800k was sent from abroad as I did not have an acount here before I came so transfered it to wifes account first then into mine when I opened one. So the bank book does not show the money came from abroad and the bank can only give a letter confirming balance. Am I wasting my time applying for 1 year extension or will I have to go home and transfer another 800k?

Never had to show a letter stating that the funds came from outside (they did).

Only had to show a letter stating that the money was there plus the photocopy of bank book and I doubt the

Immigration folks know the codes for all the Thai banks ... could be wrong though !

Naka.

I want to extend non imm O visa on retirement basis and have everything right except the bank letter. I cannot show the 800k was sent from abroad as I did not have an acount here before I came so transfered it to wifes account first then into mine when I opened one. So the bank book does not show the money came from abroad and the bank can only give a letter confirming balance. Am I wasting my time applying for 1 year extension or will I have to go home and transfer another 800k?

When I asked what the requirements were at the Jomtien Office two months ago, they told me that they only wanted to see at least 800K Baht sitting in a (low or zero interest rate) savings account for 3 months before the application. No mention was made of proving that the money had come from overseas.

Nonetheless, based on the experiences and advice I have picked up here, I went to my bank (SCB) and asked them for proof of the funds coming from overseas, which they provided on-the-spot and free-of-charge. Whilst chatting with the senior Thai lady I was dealing with (the usual girl on the desk perhaps didn't have enough English to understand what I wanted), she told me that I wouldn't need these print-outs as my account has been open (and used a lot) for a year already. She said that Immigration only want proof of where your funds came from if your account is new.

I don't know whether that is correct or not, but for the record (and I hope it makes you feel a little better), that is what I was told at SCB.

I will apply for my extension around 12th December, so I will post my experiences then, if they are still of interest by that time.

Regards.

I was recently told at Jomtien that the money does NOT need to be there for 3 months when using the 800K baht and after the FIRST extension. Was told emphatically FIRST TIME ONLY! Please, others, please ask and reconfirm this information.

Jingthing,

Just to clarify, this will be the first retirement extension on my 1 year Non-O.

Cheers