Arabic Software

Halthepal

This is my first post on this forum, I have been following it for some time and I have found a lot of answers to questions concerning comp., internet service providers etc.

I have recently moved to Bangkok with my wife. We have tried to find some "cheap" Arabic software since my wife is Arabic, preferably Windows XP Home in an Arabic edition. We have been to Pantip Plaza, but no luck. I have noticed that there is quite a large Arabic community in Bangkok, but my wife is very reluctant to approach this community. The less she has to with this community, the better she feels.

Is there anyone out there who knows where we should go to find Arabic XP, and not to a full price?

Hi all,

Hey, why not just get the english edition of XP and install the Arabic language pack? I think the language pack is a free download for the MS web site

Is it work? I'm a graphic designer. i have to deal with language prob. many years.

Japanese, chinese, korean, cambodia is fine but i really have prob. with arabic. When i asked Arab interpleter to type wording for me to put in posters it's seem like no prob. with that but when i convert file to PDF and open it by Illustrator it always show like this "?????" so i have to hire someone in Soi 3 Arub to type it on Illustrator and create outline for me :o

Anyway, I'm using window XP too,

International Lang. Graphic Designer

as kabal1234 said, you can always install the Arabic Language pack but then you should get the characters (letters) layout on the normal uk/us keyboard or whatever keyboard you are using.

I've 3 languages installed on my xp, including thai.

For illustrator or other software using non-standard fonts, you should install them in the windows(or adobe) fonts folder.

hope this helps.

You need to download and install the language pack from Microsoft for Arabic but make sure to download both the fonts that allow you to see Al Jazeera on the Internet (for example) but also the input message editor (IME) for Arabic if you want to type in Arabic on the keyboard. You will need a template to lay over the keys to tell you which key is aleph for example or you can get an Arabic keyboard if you can find one.

Once you have done the above, you should see three items added to the list in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. For example, Japanese language pack will add the following three items to the list.

Japanese Language Support

Japanese Menus and Dialogs for Internet Explorer 6

Microsoft Global IME for Japanese

HTH