Disruptive Early Morning Flights From Cm Airport

Thaihog

Well we have the Oriental out on the way to Sankamphaeng. We have Le Meridien, Shangri-La etc etc.

They are building opposite the Amata Lanna, which apparently is another hotel. Then a friend of a friend who stays longterm at a guesthouse near Night bazaar was told maybe next year "all gone" as it might be sold and knocked down to build .....

yes, you guessed it, another hotel. :o

Yep, I was referring to the new downtown 5 star hotels.

I'll be most interested to see the CNX flight schedules this time next year.

MD-82, 1-2-go is the loudest. and they have just started a shuttle. CNX is projected to double to almost 50,000 commercial flights a year in the next 7-10 years. I currently live near the flight path, but will be moving at some point. Or until all the 1-2 go dinosaurs fall out of the sky, they are ridiculously loud.

Edit....also means that we have the chance of visiting Seol without having to fly to BKK as well

Aah Seoul. Sounds wonderful.

Nothing better to do as usual when you get here BB? :D

I used my spellchecker on THIS one :o

Not there Poorly. Back in Sow-fukken-dee. Fancy joining me for a beer at the end of the month? I'm thinking about having my own private TV piss-up with all my mates. Might be just you and me.

Edit....also means that we have the chance of visiting Seol without having to fly to BKK as well

Aah Seoul. Sounds wonderful.

Nothing better to do as usual when you get here BB? :D

I used my spellchecker on THIS one :o

Not there Poorly. Back in Sow-fukken-dee. Fancy joining me for a beer at the end of the month? I'm thinking about having my own private TV piss-up with all my mates. Might be just you and me.

Let me know when...I will see if I can russle up a few mates for you Bikini :D

On the flight path note.

I noticed a late morning flight takes a different departure route than the rest of the flights. Seemed to be everyday about the same time... but only that one flight. Anyone know why?

How many different published departures do they have. And for the late night flight, isn't there an alternate departure path that affects less people?

On the flight path note.

I noticed a late morning flight takes a different departure route than the rest of the flights. Seemed to be everyday about the same time... but only that one flight. Anyone know why?

Perhaps it is going to a different destination than the rest of the flights.

And for the late night flight, isn't there an alternate departure path that affects less people?

That's a little difficult seeing as the runway at Chiang Mai only goes 180 or 360 degrees. You might suggest the airport authorities change the runway heading to 090/270 then takeoffs will be directly over town or directly into the hills to the west of the airfield.

On the flight path note.

How many different published departures do they have. And for the late night flight, isn't there an alternate departure path that affects less people?

All landings are on runway 36.

Departures can be on either 18 or 36, if there is no in-bound aircraft AND the flight is going South they are allowed to use Runway 18 since it saves on fuel and time.

I sometimes wonder if they do share the noise with those in the north and those in the south - I see some flights use 36 even when going to Bangkok, eg this morning between 10 and 11am - unless there were some Air Force jets coming in.

For MisterMe the flight I think her referred to is the China air to Taipei.

I'm usually home and fast asleep by midnight or so, but last night I got home about 2:10 and there was a very loud takeoff, indeed, louder than anything I usually hear. But on some mornings, the Air Force fighter jets take off in flocks and make lots of noise.

" Some mornings " !!!

Every morning they take off and land and take off and hopefully land again and scare the living be-jasus out of the family. They are no more than 50 meter above the roof of the condos and so close in fact you can see the pilot using his cellfone while also picking his teeth.

Hope the new investors in the Punna were previous rock star drummers or else thay are in for a big shock. I would hate to have Dalan Dang next to me.

Hi gang,

Is the north end of nimmanhemin road in the flight path? I am thinking about renting a condo in that area.

Yep :o

Also, has anyone stayed at the pt-apartments?

Thanks.

Nope :D

Edited by jackr

• 1 month later...

I live in Sansai and we usually don't get many planes flying over our home. However; last night the Korean flight flew overhead. Wow! I can understand why you guys have been complaining. That plane is loud! It woke my entire family up.

All I can say is hopefully this was a one-time thing for us here in Sansai. You guys in Hang Dong can keep your planes. :o