Sp2

Bizz

After adding sp2 to my computer, it boots very slowly and the HDD serems to go into a repetitive routine for a couple of minutes, slowing everything down.... any ideas?

Also, go to Start -> Run

Type msconfig and click OK

In the General tab, click on Selective Startup. Below that, turn off everything except Load System Services and click OK.

Try rebooting a few times in this mode. You may have to start your anti-virus, persomal firewall, etc manually or you can go into the Startup tab of msconfig and put a check mark on those things you want to come up when you boot.

I hope this makes sense.

• 2 weeks later...

hi

I downloaded the IT SP2 (full .. 267mb) and installed on a test-machine, everything has gone very alright ...

no software conflict :o

so, did a full backup of a working machine, and I'm going to make this update ...

symantec says there should not have no problem ...

I'll tell you soon :D

I also have a software called "PrevX" ... a program that block all attacks, without needing any update of signature ...

you can find it @ : PrevX total protection

it might give some alert on the Sp2 install, as it has every registry change under control,

but, you may accept the changes, clicking on accept the changes from this sofware :D

I'll give you comments soon ...

cheers

francois

hi'

alright :o

everything is running ok :D

some features changed, not that much, exept the firewall and the antivirus options,

some control panel menus more ...

well, this is not a real major change, but for single user, the firewall seems to be a bit

develloped, it might be a good thing ...

I hesitated for a log time before to do it ... but last time I went to ms update ...

the only update available was SP2 ...

so, downloaded the full IT one and now, it's on and working well :D

check well which software that could be a problem, update them if necessary, get the latest virus definition and go on after a good defrag, there won't be any problem.

don't forget to empty all .tmp and .temp files ... might be useful ...

I'll make a post about PrevX ... Great tool !

cheers

francois

Downloaded the SP2 this week, took only 12.5 hours with a 56 K modem plus - 1 hour to install.

Realized however, one thing the firewall blocks any attachments with .mpeg, mpg, wmv etc. claiming they are too dangerous for me. :o

That's fine and I am going to change the setting. What I really did not like, however, all the same files I downloaded over the lastr few year anbd left in OE-folders are gone as well, thats about 300 video clips.

Have to look for a way to retrieve, but what the fcuck was going on. I, that's me, decides what risk I take, not Billy boy Gates.

Guess, I throw out OE and install Eudora.

Btw. Yohan, you helped a lot, but I am still waiting for response to my PMs.

Do you still read TV or on holiday???

I told you before, some of your posts are toooooo long, but than, not to post at all is a sin.