Mouse Traps

hill16

Hi folks,

Last night I was watching a movie when I felt an eerie presence in the same room. No, not the missus (this time). It was a mouse going about it's nocturnal business. At least I hope it was a mouse and not a rat...

Anyway, I need some help from any of you who might know where to buy proper mouse traps. I've been to Big C and they only seem to stock the glue based ones. I had in mind a trap that operates like a little coffin. Inside is some chemical bait which first attracts the mouse and then the spring mechanism kicks in to trap the mouse without killing it (to the best of my knowledge). Just like a coffin lid closing down on top of it. I know they are on sale in EUrope and I think they are German-made. Can anybody help please?

On another note, if it's a rat how do I tell and will the same trap be of any use?

Yours rodently,

Hill16

On another note, if it's a rat how do I tell and will the same trap be of any use?

Mice are generally small and cute. Rats are much larger, have longer, thicker tails and are not cute. If its body length is about 12 cm or less (that's about 5 inches for the metrically challenged :o ) it'll be a mouse. If anything over 15 cm loks like you have rats.....

keep a cat ... nienke can help you in this department. i believe she has a summer training course coming up "efficient rat killing for cat dummies"

Have four excellent rat-killer machines, but owner wants them back. :D

Very nice and sweet cats, though! :o