Up Market

Lucifer

Assuming you want GOOD places, not just expensive places, let me try:

D2 hotel near the Night Bazar? It's good but also good value.

Oriental Dhara Dhevi, perhaps not to stay as it's out of town, but to visit some of the restaurants, particularly the Chinese one.

The House is an excellent restaurant.

Then for good Thai food, spending big doesn't help. :o So for that I can refer to all the topics on 'eating in Chiang Mai'. :D

Spas... I don't know.. Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks for the replies so far.

I've suggested a visit to Pai, for the adventure.

Are there any other places that are a 'must see' in CM?

ta

If they are going to Pai may I recommend staying at "The Quarter"

Very upmarket, the best Pai has to offer, its only been open a couple of months, but I reckon they have got it just right, great Spa and Pool

Assuming you want GOOD places, not just expensive places, let me try:

D2 hotel near the Night Bazar? It's good but also good value.

Oriental Dhara Dhevi, perhaps not to stay as it's out of town, but to visit some of the restaurants, particularly the Chinese one.

The House is an excellent restaurant.

Then for good Thai food, spending big doesn't help. :o So for that I can refer to all the topics on 'eating in Chiang Mai'. :D

Spas... I don't know.. Anyone any thoughts?

The Thai restaurant ( Grand Lanna) in the Dhara Dhevi is very good too, followed by drinks at the horn bar near the hotel reception. They have dancing and music ( traditional ) at the restaurant in the early evening. Another favourite Thai restaurant is Dalaba opposite the British consulate. Might be classed as Thai fusion but really good spot and great food in my opinion..

I think there's an upmarket elephant camp isn't there. something a little more "up close and personal" while their higher fees go to supporting conservation efforts. The name escapes me at present. Can one still fly to Mae Hong son? They might like a quick trip there, if their schedule is tight.

Not me. My sister and her friend.

Loaded and want to visit CM in a week or so.

What are all the best and or most expensive places to go in CM?

Ta

Dhara Devi - Mandarin Oriental Group - click here:

If a fellow wanted to go hang out at the Dhara Devi and try the croissants with a late breakfast and maybe the Chinese place for Dim Sum later, how would one go by public transportation from around Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai? :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Ta

Dhara Devi - Mandarin Oriental Group - click here:

If a fellow wanted to go hang out at the Dhara Devi and try the croissants with a late breakfast and maybe the Chinese place for Dim Sum later, how would one go by public transportation from around Thapae Gate in Chiang Mai? :D

The Chinese food might be good at the Dhara Dhevi. I don't know, I haven't tried it. It's Thai restaurant however, is not as tasty as the Thai food seved at JJ's. Which is to say, not at all. :o

Ta

Lucifer,

As much as I'd like to answer your question and help your sister and her friend, I can't !

Theres a darned ANT or COCKROACH running around on my monitor screen and I can't get rid of it !!!!!!!

I've tried spray and it's still alive !

Cheers.

For fine food, send them to Yawt Aroy. Going south on Chaingklan Night Bazar road past Pantip Plaza through the light, past Bake and Bite, past Fatty's, just before the under construction Shangorrila Hotel, on the left, open front with the kitchen in the front on the left. Do not recall a sign in English but menu is.

A couple of years ago it was possible to hire a four seater light aircraft and pilot from the Chiang Mai Flying Club for private trips. If they are really really loaded and like flying then a quick hop to Pai followed by a trip Mae Hong Song and, perhaps, back via Chiang Rai might fit the bill.

A couple of years ago it was possible to hire a four seater light aircraft and pilot from the Chiang Mai Flying Club for private trips. If they are really really loaded and like flying then a quick hop to Pai followed by a trip Mae Hong Song and, perhaps, back via Chiang Rai might fit the bill.

The beloved SGA Airlines (completely safe flying record, save for that time when we hit a big bird during the ascent) has a special charter-only incentive as well. Three flights daily to/from Pai too, on the weekends anyway; should be BKK-PAI flights once the runway is extended another 200m.

Are the balloon trips still running this year?

That might be an option.

They used to fly from somewhere around Doi Saket.

Chiang Dao Elephant Camp - normally not as crowded as the others but need to book ahead for rides.

One of the 5 star hotels with spa options etc should keep them happy for a few days.