Big Mike's In Phuket Closed?

Ulysses G.

The Phuket forum says that Big Mike's (original owner of Mike's original Burgers) is closed with for sale sign out front and one poster says that it was doing quite well.

Anyone know what Mike is up to now? :o

Don't know about Mike, but friends tell me trade in Pattaya is down on last year maybe Phuket is feeling the pinch? Is Chiang mai up or down on this time last year?

Not a surprise……. maybe he should have stuck around on Hang Dong Road for more then 60 days and let it work……as it would have, given the fact that nearest proper burger/sandwich joint to Hang Dong and Mae Hia, is miles away.

But there is a roomer that Dukes is on the way to the south side of town, :o and if true, he will get my business.

Edited by PlaShadow

If he wants to, Mike can put out some darn good food. I would guess that Miguel's has the best Mexican food in Southeast Asia and that was one of his inventions.

Personally, I hope he comes back here and opens a pizza and hero sandwich shop as he was planning before he changed his mind and went to Phuket. :o

seriously though UG, who cares?

Apparently UG cares as the resident CM gourmand

San Francico has some of the best restaurants in the world. When I lived there, I loved to eat and I worked as a concierge for luxury hotels. As I changed jobs over the years a lot of customers would follow me from hotel to hotel asking for restaurant recommendations. I don't consider myself a gourmet, but I do feel that I know enough about good food to give an opinion. :o

If he wants to, Mike can put out some darn good food. I would guess that Miguel's has the best Mexican food in Southeast Asia and that was one of his inventions.

Personally, I hope he comes back here and opens a pizza and hero sandwich shop as he was planning before he changed his mind and went to Phuket. :o

I would have to disagree. Salsa Kitchen on Hippy alley has the Best mexican food around.

I would have to disagree. Salsa Kitchen on Hippy alley has the Best mexican food around.

I am a big fan of John the owner of the Salsa Kitchen and his smoked ribs and I even think that the Mexican food tastes pretty good even though it is in no way authentic, but I am pretty sure that you have never wrapped your lips around a San Francisco Mission Street Super-Burrito, so are really not qualified to give an opinion! :D

I am a big fan of John the owner of the Salsa Kitchen and his smoked ribs and I even think that the Mexican food tastes pretty good even though it is in no way authentic, but I am pretty sure that you have never wrapped your lips around a San Francisco Mission Street Super-Burrito, so are really not qualified to give an opinion! :D

As someone who has only eaten 'Mexican' food in Chiang Mai and London I can make no claims on who makes the most authentic Mexican food but I prefer the salsa kitchen to Miguels and in my opinion they still do the best ribs in Chiang Mai for the price. maybe I just chose the wrong things off the menu at Miguels I will have to give it another try.

As someone who has only eaten 'Mexican' food in Chiang Mai and London I can make no claims on who makes the most authentic Mexican food but I prefer the salsa kitchen to Miguels and in my opinion they still do the best ribs in Chiang Mai for the price. maybe I just chose the wrong things off the menu at Miguels I will have to give it another try.

Have you tried huevos rancheros, enchiladas, beans, rice or guacamole? They work for me.