Suing A Thai Lady

Eric1949

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Wow!, what a story.

How has the bit^h reacted to the result.

Thai women can be very vindictive when something like this happens.

Do you have some kind of paperwork to say you own half?

Naturally, you'll be allowed to live in it until sold??

I knew a guy who fought several years in the courts. He got the same 50/50 settlement. Since the house was in her name, she had to sell it for him to get his money. Four years later he had not received the first baht. Good luck, I doubt that it's over.

When i first visited Thailand friends told me:

"NEVER buy a house in thailand and NEVER fall in love with a thai lady."

are bg's homo sapien, or homo sapien bar girl. what gives with the bg definition as if they are a seperate species. they same me and u bro.

Wow!, what a story.

How has the bit^h reacted to the result.

Thai women can be very vindictive when something like this happens.

Do you have some kind of paperwork to say you own half?

Naturally, you'll be allowed to live in it until sold??

Unfortunately, still not received paperwork from the court. As you know, there have been so many government holidays lately, so it could be a while yet.

Its been time and time a foreigner never learnt anything not to say only you Eric but lots of them . We have heard lots of this kind of stories over and over again. Why the hel_l this people never learn .

Yes i know its all about love in the first place but dont you ever learn or have plan B what will happen if the love never work out ?

You know why they never learn? Because suddenly here they are called "hansum maaan" and "I love you long timeee" etc, and that never happened to these men before. So they "melt" and they think that they finally found "true love" and because they are also quite naive they are willing to put everything in their "loved one's" name and eventualy end up like this. I also agree that the Thai lady thinks it's a gift to her and her family, and probably quite angry that suddenly the farang wants it back :)

These farangs that buy lands, cars, houses etc. and put it in their Thai spouse name actually do a good deeds for local people. They tremendously increase their life styles and financial situation. So I think, why not, if supports and helps local people. :)

These farangs that buy lands, cars, houses etc. and put it in their Thai spouse name actually do a good deeds for local people. They tremendously increase their life styles and financial situation. So I think, why not, if supports and helps local people. :)

<snip>, no one from any country has the right to con money out of anyone.

Edited by soundman
Removed flame.

Not trying to rain on your parade Eric. Is there any chance the delay could be caused by an appeal being lodged by the other party? Some rulings have a 30 day period to lodge an appeal.

Its been time and time a foreigner never learnt anything not to say only you Eric but lots of them . We have heard lots of this kind of stories over and over again. Why the hel_l this people never learn .

Yes i know its all about love in the first place but dont you ever learn or have plan B what will happen if the love never work out ?

You know why they never learn? Because suddenly here they are called "hansum maaan" and "I love you long timeee" etc, and that never happened to these men before. So they "melt" and they think that they finally found "true love" and because they are also quite naive they are willing to put everything in their "loved one's" name and eventualy end up like this. I also agree that the Thai lady thinks it's a gift to her and her family, and probably quite angry that suddenly the farang wants it back :)

If you have read the full story, you will realise that this 'woman' is a confidence trickster, and a professional at that. Greed will be her downfall, and I hope that she will lose the lot. Under Buddism, what goes around, comes around. Your comments Marmelad, are as pathetic as you are.

If you have read the full story, you will realise that this 'woman' is a confidence trickster, and a professional at that. Greed will be her downfall, and I hope that she will lose the lot. Under Buddism, what goes around, comes around. Your comments Marmelad, are as pathetic as you are.

Aren't they all?

Not trying to rain on your parade Eric. Is there any chance the delay could be caused by an appeal being lodged by the other party? Some rulings have a 30 day period to lodge an appeal.

Your probably correct Farma, the ruling was almost 7 weeks ago, but still no paperwork available from the court. Until I get to see the written ruling and get it translated, I wont fully understand the position.

I hear though, that she does intend to appeal, though where she would get multi millon baht/securities needed to appeal, I don't know. And also, I cannot imagine the legal basis for appeal.

Maybe I'll get to hear something later this week. There have been so many public holidays over the pas few weeks..........!!!

I wish you all the best and hope the delay is due to the holidays.

If she does appeal, keep your chin up as you could be in for a long ride. Some of the excuses used for appeal can appear trivial and used more as a delaying tactic in the hope you’ll cave in under pressure.

A general guide on the process can be found under “Appeals” here http://bia.serverbox.net/030.html

• 3 months later...

Hi folks.

Just an update. Deadline for the ex to appeal passed on the 10th. She already made 3 attempts to delay the proceedings, but now cannot do so anymore. So the 50/50 award from the courts, stands.

I am now living back in my 50% of the house, and have a lot of work ahead to repair the damage caused by more than 2 years of neglect. She is living 'off island' at the moment. I can now advertise the house, and as long as she agrees the price, can get rid of it.

Ok, call me stubborn, but it has paid off. :)

You would never dream of putting a house in your girlfriend's/wife's name back in your home country, so why do it here? :) I just don't get it. :D

Coz the laws here do not allow individual foreigner to own land and building.

So what? You mean they have nowhere else to live otherwise?

Just bumped into this thread. In my thinking, it's too bad it's only 50/50. 50/50 of the earnings since marriage is fair. I think pre nupts are a wonderful thing although I don't know how that works in Thailand.

Love, money and marriage is an interesting topic.

I think that the best thing to do in Thailand is to protect yourself from the start. If that means not owning, then don't own.

Hi folks.

Just an update. Deadline for the ex to appeal passed on the 10th. She already made 3 attempts to delay the proceedings, but now cannot do so anymore. So the 50/50 award from the courts, stands.

I am now living back in my 50% of the house, and have a lot of work ahead to repair the damage caused by more than 2 years of neglect. She is living 'off island' at the moment. I can now advertise the house, and as long as she agrees the price, can get rid of it.

Great, Eric.

I am sure that all Thai women are not like her, really she deserves nothing!!

Hi folks.

No, not stubborn Eric, just fighting for your rights.

As said, she really deserves nothing.

Hi folks.

Just been reading from 07 to now, wow well done, its great to see you had the health and clear mind to hang in there, many would be now lonely alcohos only complaining about what happened, at least you had the power to continue, i would like a feather from your cap.

court aside are you happy with life?? and have you found a "good bad girl"

Hi folks.

Just been reading from 07 to now, wow well done, its great to see you had the health and clear mind to hang in there, many would be now lonely alcohos only complaining about what happened, at least you had the power to continue, i would like a feather from your cap.

court aside are you happy with life?? and have you found a "good bad girl"

Very happy with life now thanks cnxman, and yes :D