Norwegian Beaten Into Coma In Pattaya

Pattaya_Fox

as you are a newbie and i am not, i do not need you to tell me any of that. i stand by my ''comment''

Common sense has nothing to do with the length of time one has been a member or posts on a forum, I ask your again were you there?, if so then I would suggest that you were not watching what happened.

Irrespective of if a guy deserves a whack or not, the fact that the guy is in coma, suggests that it was far more than just a slight tap.

There are 2 separate incidents being discussed here and I cannot say what happened in both, however the above is not necessarily true, A single punch if it is in the wrong place can kill or maim, there are many such recorded incidences.

I can state that the Soi Diana incident was provoked, this guy punched a Thai Girl in the face in a bar, when 2 more Thai girls intervened he assaulted them also. He was then given a good beating by the Thai Staff and friends.

As for the Norwegian I do not know of the circumstances so will not comment.

Where I was brought up there is NO excuse what so ever for a guy hitting a girl, that I am sure most will agree with.

Yes, I thought that someone might point that out(should have explained in my earlier post), it is possible with a single punch, but probably on the basis of normal goings on, it's normally a few punches and kicks from a number of people.

As regards the Soi Diana incident, sounds like the guy got what he deserved - there is no excuse for hitting a girl, regardless of provocation etc. What a complete tool.

My impression is, that 2007 was better than 2006. In 2006 there were more crime stories, but I might be wrong.

I don't feel much unsafe...just behave, be friendly and give a smile. If you are however a drunken bastard, just looking for trouble it might be easy to find it. But that's true all over the world, isn't it?

My impression is, that 2007 was better than 2006. In 2006 there were more crime stories, but I might be wrong.

I don't feel much unsafe...just behave, be friendly and give a smile. If you are however a drunken bastard, just looking for trouble it might be easy to find it. But that's true all over the world, isn't it?

Yes i agree, but the results can be different here, i bet theres more than one that regrets being a tw@t over here ! :o

as you are a newbie and i am not, i do not need you to tell me any of that. i stand by my ''comment''

Common sense has nothing to do with the length of time one has been a member or posts on a forum, I ask your again were you there?, if so then I would suggest that you were not watching what happened.

Irrespective of if a guy deserves a whack or not, the fact that the guy is in coma, suggests that it was far more than just a slight tap.

There are 2 separate incidents being discussed here and I cannot say what happened in both, however the above is not necessarily true, A single punch if it is in the wrong place can kill or maim, there are many such recorded incidences.

I can state that the Soi Diana incident was provoked, this guy punched a Thai Girl in the face in a bar, when 2 more Thai girls intervened he assaulted them also. He was then given a good beating by the Thai Staff and friends.

Where I was brought up there is NO excuse what so ever for a guy hitting a girl, that I am sure most will agree with.

despite accusing me that ''I would suggest that you were not watching what happened'' it appears you do not read so well or see too well yourself, the Soi in question where the incident occured and was clearly written in my message was Soi Diamond NOT an incident in Soi Diana you seem to be referring to. as to hitting a girl, clearly you have not been there to know. i intervened between a man and wife in UK, he was beating the sh*t out of her. i was stabbed by her for my trouble. did i hit her? yes. is that excuse enough for you? or anyone here?

''There are 2 separate incidents being discussed here'' open your eyes Chanman there are x3 incidents being discussed here

No 2 seperate and I apologise for my typo I was refering to Soi Diamond rather than Soi Diana.

If your life is in danger I sugest hitting anyone I was however refeing to non life threatening situations and again would apologise for the non clarity.

No 2 seperate and I apologise for my typo I was refering to Soi Diamond rather than Soi Diana.

If your life is in danger I sugest hitting anyone I was however refeing to non life threatening situations and again would apologise for the non clarity.

for one who seeks accuracy and admonishes others for not being so, you are not doing so good yourself are you? also one wonders about your 360 degree opinion rotations. first you say'' Where I was brought up there is NO excuse what so ever for a guy hitting a girl, that I am sure most will agree with.'' now you say ''If your life is in danger I sugest hitting anyone I was however refeing to non life threatening situations'' so which is it? exactly when is it acceptable to hit a girl from your lofty view of the world? i thought there was ''NO excuse what so ever''

Please could we calm down in this thread!

Why not just close it. It's boring. But there could usefully be a thread about attacks in Pattaya where people who witness incidents which may not get reported in the local press could post about them so that we have a better idea of what is really going on in the mean streets of Pattaya. Just a thought.

Why not just close it. It's boring. But there could usefully be a thread about attacks in Pattaya where people who witness incidents which may not get reported in the local press could post about them so that we have a better idea of what is really going on in the mean streets of Pattaya. Just a thought.

It never ceases to amaze why someone would bother to request closing a thread because it is boring.

Provided a thread follows the rules it should be allowed to continue for as long as there are people out there who are interested in contributing to it.

If you closed down every thread I found boring, about 90% would be closed immediately. :D

If you find this thread boring, don't read it and don't contribute to it.

And if you think you have a good idea for a more informative and interesting thread, why don't you start one? :D

P.S. I got up on the wrong side of the bed :o

Irrespective of if a guy deserves a whack or not, the fact that the guy is in coma, suggests that it was far more than just a slight tap. The sad thing is that, more often than not, a dispute between two people escalates into a situation where the "one" farang is set upon by 3 or 4 Thais with normally a pretty brutal ending.

I'm not taking sides on any of this, as often tourists bring trouble upon themeslves by acting like a pillock, but no one deserves to be knocked into a coma.

I disagree. Some people deserve it.

Yes, I thought that someone might point that out(should have explained in my earlier post), it is possible with a single punch, but probably on the basis of normal goings on, it's normally a few punches and kicks from a number of people.

As regards the Soi Diana incident, sounds like the guy got what he deserved - there is no excuse for hitting a girl, regardless of provocation etc. What a complete tool.

These old "politically correct" clichés become tiring.

Self defence would be one very good reason.

In this update from the pattayapeople newspaper, they're claiming robbery was the motive

and actually what transpired (link below). Irregardless, if you're going to run businesses

selling alcohol, you need to develop non-violent ways of dealing with your customers. These

incidents happen 2-3 times every month (that are reported). I personally find it difficult to

believe that there is any justification for 4-5 Thai men beating a foreigner into a near

comatose state with wooden clubs. They should all be in the lock-up. But they're not.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=9188

Wonderful bar complex is about 50m south of kiss restaurant on the east side of second road.

Really seems busy for a newish opening place. maybe 3 bars across and 4-5 deep. with i guess

a wooded area to the rear as we've heard. yeah, you really have to be careful flashing your

holiday wad of bills. people are watching and if you're having a few beers your senses aren't

what they should be. people get lulled into a false sense of security and they forget. you can't. :o

In this update from the pattayapeople newspaper, they're claiming robbery was the motive

and actually what transpired (link below). Irregardless, if you're going to run businesses

selling alcohol, you need to develop non-violent ways of dealing with your customers. These

incidents happen 2-3 times every month (that are reported). I personally find it difficult to

believe that there is any justification for 4-5 Thai men beating a foreigner into a near

comatose state with wooden clubs. They should all be in the lock-up. But they're not.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/default.asp?F...;IdArticle=9188

Well I happen to agree with you, but when I also echoed such sentiments, I was jumped on by all and sundry who believe that the level of violence in Pattaya is acceptable, that we don't need the police to do their jobs properly as it will ruin the 'free wheeling' ambience of the resort, and that in most cases the farangs who get beaten to the point of death have generally done something to deserve it.

I think these opinions tell you as much about the posters as it does about the Thai thugs who gang up, mob handed on tourists in an increasingly regular fashion.

I know there are a lot of low life farang yobbos in Pattaya, who enjoy drinking and fighting and sometimes hitting women etc, and I deplore this reprehensible behaviour as well. I would criticise the police as much in dealing with these farang thugs as I do the Thai thugs. Most of the time, the farangs are simply locked up over night, and let go the next day upon payment of some tea money. If some of them were put away in a Thai jail for 6 months, it might stop much of this disgusting behaviour overnight.

But TIT, and things will get a lot worse before any serious action is taken.

It never ceases to amaze why someone would bother to request closing a thread because it is boring.

Provided a thread follows the rules it should be allowed to continue for as long as there are people out there who are interested in contributing to it.

If you closed down every thread I found boring, about 90% would be closed immediately. :D

If you find this thread boring, don't read it and don't contribute to it.

And if you think you have a good idea for a more informative and interesting thread, why don't you start one? :D

P.S. I got up on the wrong side of the bed :o

Please suspend your amazement. I too got up on that side of bed, then read the bickering posts. But I will take you up on your challenge and my own suggestion in my earlier reply, namely - set up a "Beatings Thread"!

regards,

Alan.

And of course the guy lay for countless hours in the bushes and no one came to his aid, thats what really angers me in these situations. I'm sure at least one of the bar staff saw what happened, I assume he must of paid his bill because they probably would of summoned the police quickly if otherwise.