Australian Aged Pension

38 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

What is most likely to change in the future is the government is going to make it easier for themselves to collect the tax that you, and I, and others, should have been paying for decades. 

For everyone's benefit, could you publish a record of how many times you have posted this sentence, or minor variations to it?

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Getting it wrong yet again. I had a different one about 6 years ago, then changed to my current one. I don't have multiple ID's.

Look up "sequential" in the dictionary, unless words of three syllables are too much for you.

What's with the ( not reported ) ? Are you expecting a gold star for your forehead?

Your halo has slipped to your ankles, the post I am responding to is (a) off topic (b) trolling.

Just for the record scorecard is scorecard and never any other name.

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I had a different one about 6 years ago, then changed to my current one.

21,900 / 6 = 3,650 posts a year, which is 304 posts a month, many of which are rubbish posts trolling me, and you want to bang on about my post amount.  :smile:

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

What's with the ( not reported )

No doubt YOU and some others have reported me to Mods in the past. I've never reported anyone, for anything. 

• Love It 2

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Just for the record scorecard is scorecard and never any other name.

You don't even know what pension you are on.   How would you even know your username on AN? 

Only just recently you still thought non resident tax brackets had a tax free threshold, despite it being discussed on this thread at length.  :cheesy:

• Love It 1

9 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

21,900 / 6 = 3,650 posts a year, which is 304 posts a month, many of which are rubbish posts trolling me, and you want to bang on about my post amount.  :smile:

No doubt YOU and some others have reported me to Mods in the past. I've never reported anyone, for anything. 

Again, you can't count. I don't even score on this thread in terms of post numbers, whereas you lead the field. I am posting on multiple threads, it is very rare to see a post from you on any other threads.

Correct, I have reported  you for multiple posting of the same content, and will do so again. Suck it up, Miss Goody Two Shoes.

• Thumbs Up 1

I post information everytime someone thinks there's nothing in the proposed changes for them.  Simple. 

Deflection. Or maybe you are lost when you get past your fingers and thumbs.

You don't even know what pension you are on.   How would you even know your username on AN? 

Only just recently you still thought non resident tax brackets had a tax free threshold, despite it being discussed on this thread at length.  :cheesy:

Troll post.

7 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't even score on this thread in terms of post numbers,

You are joking.  You are the leading troll in this thread, by a long margin. 

Correct, I have reported  you for multiple posting of the same content, and will do so again.

I've never reported anyone, for any post, ever.  Each to their own. 

Deflection.

No deflection. 

Just a few days ago scorecard didn't even know the non resident tax brackets do not have a tax free threshold, despite it being discussed at length, and proven with links.  Do you tell him to scroll back, or just post the link again for him? 

Troll post.

No.  It's not a troll post. 

In one post scorecard is on a veteran's pension, stating he qualified for portability by staying in accommodation for veterans, and then in another post he is an aged pensioner ring the night people at Centerlink.  He can't be on both pensions. 

15 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

You are joking.  You are the leading troll in this thread, by a long margin. 

I've never reported anyone, for any post, ever.  Each to their own. 

Could you explain why the so-called troll posts I make, calling you out over your latest bullsh!t, always have positive responses from other posters, whereas you get either none, or sad emoticons?

9 minutes ago, Olmate said:

You might note the final 2 paragraphs of the opening summary 

Screenshot_20231215-153755.jpg

I have never said the proposed changes are now law. 

All I did was give the heads up to members on this thread, and their possible impact on all Aussie expats, and because many members didn't like what they were reading, they decided to shoot the messenger, in the hope the message would go away. 

Will the proposed changes go away, I doubt it.  Will they be amended to take into account expat pensioners, possibly, but at this stage there is nothing in the proposed changes indicating this. 

I have posted a link showing the Labor government is aware of the changes, and considering increasing the length of the 45 days, but they didn't throw the proposed changes in the bin, so what does that tell you?   

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Could you explain why the so-called troll posts I make, calling you out over your latest bullsh!t, always have positive responses from other posters, whereas you get either none, or sad emoticons?

You are not a Mod.  If you think a post of mine breaches forum rules, report it.

This post of yours is just another example of an off topic, personal attack, and troll post from you.  It's worthless. 

I have addressed the negativity around the information I post to members in a recent post.  (see above)  No one likes to be told they may have to pay tax and / or lose some pension entitlement. 

Why don't you just PM me with your rubbish.  I'll gladly engage you there.  Why the need to seek positive emojis, and group acceptance, like a teenager on Facebook? 

I haven't posted any BS.  I have backed everything up with links.  You, on the other hand, are sprouting the proposed changes are just a myth.  :cheesy:

• Love It 1

3 hours ago, KhunHeineken said:

You are not a Mod.  If you think a post of mine breaches forum rules, report it.

This post of yours is just another example of an off topic, personal attack, and troll post from you.  It's worthless. 

I have addressed the negativity around the information I post to members in a recent post.  (see above)  No one likes to be told they may have to pay tax and / or lose some pension entitlement. 

Why don't you just PM me with your rubbish.  I'll gladly engage you there.  Why the need to seek positive emojis, and group acceptance, like a teenager on Facebook? 

I haven't posted any BS.  I have backed everything up with links.  You, on the other hand, are sprouting the proposed changes are just a myth.  :cheesy:

It's BS because you are posting opinions on something which may never happen. I have never said the proposed changes are a myth, another one of your lies.

You keep calling me a troll. Why don't we take a poll of the other posters on this thread, and find out who others think the troll really is?

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It's BS because you are posting opinions on something which may never happen.

No.  I am posing links to proposed changes in legislation. Links to non resident tax brackets.  Links showing pensions are a taxable income. Links to the current 90 year old legislation. Links to the current Labor government acknowledging the proposed changes and not binning them.  Then, some of my opinion about how it all may unfold, and also debunking some of the ideas members have about how they can remain a resident of Australia for tax purposes, all the while whilst living in Thailand, perpetually. 

Most of my posts, accept the the ones continually addressing your personal attacks, contain links for the benefit of members.  The non resident tax brackets to scorecard a few days agao being the most recent, for example. 

I have never said the proposed changes are a myth

"Proposed changes are a myth until they are passed in legislation."  These are your exact words from the post in question.   

See the words:  "Proposed changes are a myth"

You keep calling me a troll. Why don't we take a poll of the other posters on this thread, and find out who others think the troll really is?

Your last 20 to 30 posts have been nothing but personally attacking me.  No links, stats, screenshots etc.  Just personal attacks.  When's the last time you have posted any content worthy of being called information on this thread? 

You say you post on other threads, as I do I, but you only come on this thread to get emojis for you AN reputation by personally attacking, as if I give sh*t.  Yeah, you are a troll.  You're the biggest troll on this thread.  

18 hours ago, scorecard said:

Let's go with the poll:

My vote is easy; Lacessit is not a troll

I found you out. 

One post you are on a veteran's pension, another post your are on the aged pension.  Credibility ZERO. 

I'll do my own poll on you. 

My vote is easy. scorecard is for of sh*t. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, KhunHeineken said:

I found you out. 

One post you are on a veteran's pension, another post your are on the aged pension.  Credibility ZERO. 

I'll do my own poll on you. 

My vote is easy. scorecard is for of sh*t. 

I thought he was on the Disability pension.

4 hours ago, LosLobo said:

The poll has already be taken.

A posters' 'reputation' is a good indicator of the degree of one's community's acceptance, and I would suggest in this case, also imply KH's 'troll' index.

KH's reputation of 827 for 2,249 posts has a score ratio of 0.37 per post which is remarkably low, and I would suggest is due to his 'trolling'.

Whereas Lacessit, has a reputation of 36,800 for 21,920 posts, which is a score of 1.7 per post, and being a 'good' reputation does not suggest any 'trolling.

The empirical and self-evident proof of KH being a troll is the 500 repetitive, unwanted. needless, redundant and superfluous posts with the only aim of baiting and generally insulting the intelligence of other posters.

It's been pointed out that I have made many posts on this thread about this sub topic.  That's because I believe it's the single biggest issue facing expats, including expat pensioners, in decades.  Newbie post with a question, and I simply answer, rather then tell them to scroll back.  Just a few days ago, scorecard didn't even know the non resdient tax bracket did not have a tax free threshold, despite it being previous discussed.  I post the tax brackets for him, then Lacessit comes on with personal attack, which you "like" and he builds his reputation.  It's been going on for hundreds of posts.  Do I give a sh*t - no. 

Over many months I have been trolled and personally attacked, but the member most responsible for this s Lacessit.  He has built his good AN reputation on the back of trolling me on this thread, yet offers ZERO links, information, or even opinions.  He didn't help out scorecard with the non resident tax bracket.  He just waited for me to do it then personally attacked me, and waited for "likes."   Thus, his good AN reputation is worthless.  I suggest he's only gotten away with it because I have never reported any post from anyone, and never will.  

So, was the posting of the non resident tax brackets "repetitive?"  Should I have just told scorecard to scroll back?  Should I have "insulted his intelligence" by telling him he is stupid because it's been discussed and answered before? 

What should be do when the next personal asks a question about the proposed changes, even though it's been answered pages ago? 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

It's you we are talking about .

I don't mind going to work to fund your income .

Either way he goes, he'll be called out.

If he says he's on an aged pension, how did he get veteran's accommodation?  If he says a veterans pension, he didn't need to be in Australia for 2 years to gain portability for a veteran's pension.  

I couldn't care less how critical he is of me and my posts, but why BS about this on this thread?

Probably in Dept of Housing,either way I feel sorry for him , obviously means he didn't save a brass razoo in his life ,no wonder he is miserable relying on government accommodation and  pension 

I have nothing but empathy for him 

Mind you most are better off than the guys who saved all their life and don't get any government benefits

Bit like the old guy whose wife is  a nurse in regional NSW ,sent her out to work because he didn't save any money all his life and lives in rented accommodation ,he didn't bother working all his life so sends his Thai wife out to work in Australia whilst he sits at home being bitter all because he didn't work & save 

I have nothing but empathy for these guys ,they didn't plan the future and now are bitter for the guys who saved and live off their Super