Car Rental Insurance Carrentals Thaivisa

poldebol

I plan to rent a car for a week or two. Checked on carrentals Thaivisa. Prices look OK

Zero Local Excess, Theft protection, 2 FREE Extra Drivers , insurance yes

What does this mean, is this what we call an All Risk insurance, or will they come up with a very extra and very expensive insurance scheme when pick up the car?

Thanks

"I plan to rent a car for a week or two. Checked on carrentals Thaivisa. Prices look OK

What does this mean, is this what we call an All Risk insurance, or will they come up with a very extra and very expensive insurance scheme when pick up the car?

Thanks"

I hired a car from this company for three weeks over Christmas and New Year - I was very impressed. Prices much less that the big companies, and the car had done only 75,000k, so almost new for a rental car! No problems with the car at all during a trip to and from Isaan, so I can't comment on the recovery service, but we did have a number to call for help if we needed it. Delivery to and pick up from my hotel at the times arranged went without a hitch - the even called us the day before to confirm the time and place. There were no extra charges above those I'd paid over the internet when making the booking. Highly recommended!

Wontok

"I plan to rent a car for a week or two. Checked on carrentals Thaivisa. Prices look OK

Thanks"

I hired a car from this company for three weeks over Christmas and New Year - I was very impressed. Prices much less that the big companies, and the car had done only 75,000k, so almost new for a rental car! No problems with the car at all during a trip to and from Isaan, so I can't comment on the recovery service, but we did have a number to call for help if we needed it. Delivery to and pick up from my hotel at the times arranged went without a hitch - the even called us the day before to confirm the time and place. There were no extra charges above those I'd paid over the internet when making the booking. Highly recommended!

Wontok

Doesn't answer the key questions in the original post about the level and potential extra cost of insurance. Various rental companies are used according to destination/pick-up, Hertz, Budget and Thai Rent a Car but all seem to offer only 3rd Party in the hire rate. Not All-Inclusive (or Comprehensive as we know it in UK, called First Class, I think in Thailand). The lack of assurance about this higher level that I am used to has put me off using this service, which does indeed better rates - but not at expense of propwe level of insurance!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks"

Wontok

Doesn't answer the key questions in the original post about the level and potential extra cost of insurance. Various rental companies are used according to destination/pick-up, Hertz, Budget and Thai Rent a Car but all seem to offer only 3rd Party in the hire rate. Not All-Inclusive (or Comprehensive as we know it in UK, called First Class, I think in Thailand). The lack of assurance about this higher level that I am used to has put me off using this service, which does indeed better rates - but not at expense of propwe level of insurance!

Indeed. It seems you have to book the car and when you go to pick it up, they will tell you how much all-in insurance will cost you.

Avis and Budget do have more than third party insurance, though the conditions are not clear at all.

I really wonder if it is nor posible to know the price before you decide.

Thanks"

Wontok

Indeed. It seems you have to book the car and when you go to pick it up, they will tell you how much all-in insurance will cost you.

Avis and Budget do have more than third party insurance, though the conditions are not clear at all.

I really wonder if it is nor posible to know the price before you decide.

OK, next step was to give Budget a call. Their 24 h phone number is out of service every time I tried.

• 1 month later...

Some "Cheap Charly" rental cars offer for 15'000 or 18'000 baht a month for a brand new car, they ussally don't have Rental Car insurance, just only private coverage. so the car is not legally insured for rental business and maybe they don't pay if they find out the car was for rent.

• 4 weeks later...
Some "Cheap Charly" rental cars offer for 15'000 or 18'000 baht a month for a brand new car, they ussally don't have Rental Car insurance, just only private coverage. so the car is not legally insured for rental business and maybe they don't pay if they find out the car was for rent.

Isn't that a fact !!!!!

Thanks"

Wontok

I've hired a few rental cars, the company claims it gives "first class insurance". In the agreement fine print it says if you were doing something illegal then the insurance is void. This has me worried, because there's a fair chance that if you were in the wrong it could be also deemed that you were doing an illegal maneuver. How common is this clause in insurance?

• 6 months later...

I rented a car a few times with Sawadee car rent. Once 2 months other time 3 months,

perfect service, brand new cars, first class insurance.

Once I had an accident, just call them, first thing they said was Pai pen rai, don't worry. They send an insurance man to the place of accident. When I returned my car they did not payed attention to the damage. I had my guarantee down payment back in just 5 minute. Also their rental prices are unbelievable cheap.

[reason for edit: url removed]

In 2007 I payed 23000 baht/month for a brand new Toyota Altis 8k on the meter for a 2 month rent

In 2008 I payed 23000 Baht/month for a Toyota Sport Rider (9 years old) 90k on the meter for a 3 month rent

I rented a car a few times with Sawadee car rent. Once 2 months other time 3 months,

Once I had an accident, just call them, first thing they said was Pai pen rai, don't worry. They send an insurance man to the place of accident. When I returned my car they did not payed attention to the damage. I had my guarantee down payment back in just 5 minute. Also their rental prices are unbelievable cheap.

In 2007 I payed 23000 baht/month for a brand new Toyota Altis 8k on the meter for a 2 month rent

In 2008 I payed 23000 Baht/month for a Toyota Sport Rider (9 years old) 90k on the meter for a 3 month rent

Those prices are highway robbery.

I plan to rent a car for a week or two. Checked on carrentals Thaivisa. Prices look OK

Thanks

Thaivisa Car rentals have 1st class insurance included in the price.

All rental companies Thaivisa use in Thailand include first class insurance.

Thai Rent A Car includes First Class with a small excess of 3,000THB ie customer maximum liability

The package with Budget has a zero excess ie zero liability.