A Sticky On Accommodation (condos And Apartments)...

Yimmy

How about a sticky on accommodation in CM?

Surely there are a lot of people asking about it on here... my request for info yesterday fell on deaf ears...

I presume the most common type people ask about are condos/apartments for anywhere from a months stay to 1 year...

A sticky where people can add where they stayed, how much it cost, what services it had and what they thought of it might make some sense...

What do ye think?

Yeah, I just spent 30 mins going through 8 pages on the search option and got a little bit of info that was a little bit useful... but not all that much.

A sticky thread that has all the relevant posts (to do with short term apartments, what services they have, how much they cost etc.) would certainly be useful.

to a lot of future users too I'd imagine.

Might as well start by myself.

I've stayed in Huay Kaew Residence a few times. One month at a time.

Big Rooms from 4K p/m up. You'll want at least the 5K (with 5K deposit) one tho' which has

the net, cable TV, fridge, wardrobe, table and chairs, aircon and hot water.

The net is 300B and the power bill isusually around 5-600 I think.

Last time they started charging 40 B to use the swimming pool. Also have a restaurant, laundry, little minimart, dvd hire and massage (best avoided) on site.

Disadvantages for me are having to buy all the bedding etc. Otherwise good.

Also have a good website.

Edited by Yimmy

The problem with accommodation is that the information is far too ephemeral. Vacancies today are gone tomorrow and well managed places this week are taken over and run-into-the-ground next month. A question asked should however get a currently knowledgeable reply.

I'm afraid the Powers-That-Be would also frown on a sticky of this type for two other reasons. a.) We are trying to tidy up forums and get rid of unnecessary stickies and b.) it might step on the toes of the revenue-producing Hotels etc. sticky already there.

Sorry!

Hey no worries.

I would of thought my request was common enough.

A cheapish apartment for a months stay.

Common enough not to get any responses anyway.

A question asked should however get a currently knowledgeable reply.

Nope.

Vacancies today are gone tomorrow

Well not really. Apartment blocks/buildings generally have a lot of rooms. Someone tryng to book one will normally just phone a head

well managed places this week are taken over and run-into-the-ground next month.

Fair enough. But it would just be people giving a quick note of where they stayed, what services they had, and how much it cost. Not really a definitive guide.

Anyway, just a suggestion for something that I certainly would, and presumably future people making enquiries would find handy.

People might be interested in my quick note about where I stayed, what facilities they had and how much it cost, so might be handy to leave this thread open should future users have the same enquiries as I.

Cheers.

OK here goes I have answered these threads regarding serviced apartments and asked.

There needs to be a permanent forum on this subject.

Finding a good apartment or hotel after Landing in CM next to a good cab and directions is the most Important.

There in my opinion should be some importance placed on this. (just my opinion)

I am sure sponsorship is very important.

But weeding out the bad eggs sponsor or not is important to the new traveler and will hold serviced apartments to a higher standard.

But at this point let it be noted what Thai visas stance is on this. Or appears to be

I do not mean to be critical ,I have gained lots from this site.

I do feel however I will need to view information that is subject to a sponsors views that they support.

When views are screened on this basis It will only add confusion.

Tv is a Good web site, I hope this input will only add to it