New Garmin Gps

FolkGuitar

I just bought myself the new Garmin Extrex Vista. I had an older model that I really liked but wanted the increased memory of the new one. I had driven all around Chiang Mai, driving all the roads and setting a track, virtually making a map of the city with my old one. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the new model comes with a complete detailed map of Chiang Mai including street names already built in!! Now I won't get lost so often when I try to find Thapae Gate. (You'd think after seven years living and driving in town I wouldn't have this problem. Must be a 'senior thing.' )

I just bought myself the new Garmin Extrex Vista. I had an older model that I really liked but wanted the increased memory of the new one. I had driven all around Chiang Mai, driving all the roads and setting a track, virtually making a map of the city with my old one. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the new model comes with a complete detailed map of Chiang Mai including street names already built in!! Now I won't get lost so often when I try to find Thapae Gate. (You'd think after seven years living and driving in town I wouldn't have this problem. Must be a 'senior thing.' )

Where did you buy your new toy and how much did it cost? I've been living here for a few years now and usually don't have a clue when somebody mentions a street name. Perhaps as you say, it's to do with the "grey matter" LOL....

Cheers...

Where did you buy your new toy and how much did it cost? I've been living here for a few years now and usually don't have a clue when somebody mentions a street name. Perhaps as you say, it's to do with the "grey matter" LOL....

Cheers...

Eagle GPS on the third floor at Pantip Plaza is where you want to go. Talk with the owner Maurycy about all the different models and what they do. He's really helpful. For new owners of Garmins purchased in Thailand, there's free updates of the Thai maps out every year. Just go back to the dealer and they should do it free of charge.

Cheers...

Eagle GPS on the third floor at Pantip Plaza is where you want to go. Talk with the owner Maurycy about all the different models and what they do. He's really helpful. For new owners of Garmins purchased in Thailand, there's free updates of the Thai maps out every year. Just go back to the dealer and they should do it free of charge.

They probably are sold in several places around twon these days, but I happened to be in the large computer building just west of the Chiang Puak intersection of the Super Highway when I saw mine. I think that if I hadn't had a Garmin before I might have opted for a Magellan as the screen is larger, but the darn things still confuse me when I try to learn how to program them, and already knowing the Garmin unit I just went with the newer model. It cost me 12,000 baht and included the computer link cord. I can use my same car power cord and holder for this one, so didn't need to purchase them, but the shop did have them for sale if needed.

Edited by FolkGuitar