Miami Hotel Bkk

obsession

I found this reasonable hotel with wifi at nana, but someone toldme its too sleazy. He does usually stay in very good places, so Im hoping his view is off. Anyone stayed in it?

Its an absolute dump, trust me, for something in the same price range, head to Federal Hotel, Suk 11, much better.

Wifi? News to me. There is a central swimming pool but it doesn't get much light. The rooms, like the furniture, are time-warped, if you like that kind of thing. Great for producers of 1960s-era films, but little else.

The place is a dump and one of the male Chinese receptionists is an nasty piece-of-work. They are just waiting for the geriatric lady owner to die before they can sell up or redevelop the site. Good location for girlie enthusiasts when they do however!

Edited by Trevor

I found this reasonable hotel with wifi at nana, but someone toldme its too sleazy. He does usually stay in very good places, so Im hoping his view is off. Anyone stayed in it?

Its an absolute dump, trust me, for something in the same price range, head to Federal Hotel, Suk 11, much better.

Does the Federal have a swimming pool, cable/English TV and aircon?

Does the Federal have a swimming pool, cable/English TV and aircon?

Yes, the Federal has what you're looking for. I think the price is around B 1200. Here is their phone number: 02 253-0175

e-mail: [email protected]

I can't believe people want to stay in these shitholes. What prices are they?

For 1500- 1600 it's easy to find an almost brand new serviced apartment. I know of such a place on the same road as Federal.

so tell him where its.

I think the Nap Inn might suit yyou better, though I haven't stayed there myself.

Personally, I love the Nana Hotel.

It is clean with English TV, a fridge, air con and a nice swimming pool.

Yes, there are lots of girls around downstairs, but they are most polite and don't bother you unless you bother them. At 1,300 baht - with a big buffet breakfast - it is pretty hard to beat! :o

Edited by Ulysses G.

Yes, there are lots of girls around downstairs, but they are most polite and don't bother you unless you bother them. At 1,300 baht - with a big buffet breakfast - it is pretty hard to beat! :o

tooo right :D

I live next door and it kinda reminds me of that haunted house you use to walk past as a kid and run past at night. Tried to have a look in their but to be honest Im too <deleted> scared :o

Hope this helps

Edited by zorro1

I live next door and it kinda reminds me of that haunted house you use to walk past as a kid and run past at night. Tried to have a look in their but to be honest Im too <deleted> scared :o

Hope this helps

Doesn't look like much from the front.

A time capsule from the 60's... including the staff and guests.

They havn't done much to the place since then but it is kept spotless.

Bob Hope stayed there in the 60s, while on his Vietnam trips. Was an Officers retreat back then.

Soi 11 was a jungle when that hotel went up.

Edited by PadThaiGuy

For 1500- 1600 it's easy to find an almost brand new serviced apartment. I know of such a place on the same road as Federal.

so tell him where its.

ChaiDee Mansion. Further down soi 11. The entrance is next to the 7-11 at the bottom junction. One bedroom apartments or studio apartments for either short or long stay. Serviced apartments with fully operational kitchens. Some even have laundry facilities in the room. UBC etc etc. No wifi, but inroom LAN connection for a small additional charge (although I believe you might be able to 'surf' some other people's wifi connections around that area). If you go in and tell them you know me (PM me for details of who to speak to and for my name to use as an introducer) and you'll get it for a discount.

And, no, I have absolutely no financial interest in the place.

Edited by bendix

Personally, I think Nana Hotel is a shithole. :D

I, too, prefer the Federal. Last time we stayed there we paid 1,400 bht for a one bedroom suite.

Was an Officers retreat back then.

As I recall it (Federal) was a step below Nana and Grace hotels in those days and had never heard of any officers staying there. I do know that in-country enlisted military stayed there in the late 60's early 70's. R&R military seldom got beyond New Phetburi Road (as it was called then).

As for Miami Hotel - it was JAL flight crew hotel and central air conditioning (rare in those days) but as I recall rooms were small and air conditioning did not cool enough during day (only stayed there once). With all the hotels built since that time am sure there is better value. It sure will not meet the needs of someone who says at good hotels.

Personally, I think Nana Hotel is a shithole. :D

I'm sure you know what they say about opinions. :D

so tell him where its.

ChaiDee Mansion. Further down soi 11. The entrance is next to the 7-11 at the bottom junction. One bedroom apartments or studio apartments for either short or long stay. Serviced apartments with fully operational kitchens. Some even have laundry facilities in the room. UBC etc etc. No wifi, but inroom LAN connection for a small additional charge (although I believe you might be able to 'surf' some other people's wifi connections around that area). If you go in and tell them you know me (PM me for details of who to speak to and for my name to use as an introducer) and you'll get it for a discount.

And, no, I have absolutely no financial interest in the place.

Ah i know it, had some friends stay there right after it was built. though it cost a little more though.

Agreed. Great breakfast, hookers delivered to your door, very handy to all amenities such as Nana Plaza. What more could you want.

Thanks for all the replies, its saved me a trip to Bkk to check it out. I have stayed at some of the ones suggested but didnt find them good value for a long stay. The Federal or soi 11 place probably sound the best but after 3 months in a hotel in Pattaya I was trying to keep the cost down to under 20,000 a month. Will maybe cut the month down to a fortnight and try those. Thanks again.