Art Opening Shangrila Hotel Fri 2/22

realthaideal

Well, that's 22/2 to those not from the US. Anyway, I'll be there checking out a show at The Shangrila down by the River tonight about 7 pm. Maybe starts earlier, not sure. There's a guy showing there who I have just barely made the acquaintance of named Brian. He's a talented artist who will be showing something like "Wind and Waves" - sadly I don't do the invite justice as I barely know him and this is all from memory. I saw some of his work at a friend's house the other night and it was interesting. he used custom milled Sa paper to make wood-block-like prints of sort of a BW Tiki design, that are all very Island or Tiki inspired. Again i don't do the whole thing justice as per my description. I do also know that Brian is a talented stage performer/signer/cut-up since seeing him paly a few tunes at Ollylama's b'day gig last month at Santia's. Brian also helped design and/or build the art gallery at the Shangrila and I'm quite keen to check that out too. I am also hoping they roll out some horse- d' ouuuvres tonight too. Let's see what happens....